ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Nebraska dual - Sun, Feb 18

Well, I like winning streaks as much as the next guy, but between some recent less than dominant performances at several weights, and this horrible flu bug, this Sunday is likely to be our biggest test of the year.

Observations:

125 - slight favorite
133 - very slight favorite
141 - very slight favorite
149 - clear underdog
157 - slight favorite
165 - clear favorite
174 - clear favorite
185 - toss up
197 - clear favorite
Hwt - clear favorite

With stories of this flu lasting weeks, we could be at risk of backups at 133, 174, 197 and heavy, let alone any new victims this week.

Reactions: PSU James
We have a coupled days to get better luckily. Assuming we have our normal guys in somewhat good health at 165, 174, 197, 285, we should win those with bonus, meaning Nebraska has to effectively sweep the other 6 to win. Feel good about those odds.

I need some help finding a location to watch the match on Sunday. I’ll be at Lehigh for the PSAC Indoor T & F Championship meet. Staying in Foglesville. Need a place close to Lehigh or Foglesville or somewhere in between to watch the match.
On Hanover Ave in Allentown there is a Big Woody's sports bar. In between Lehigh and Fogelsville. I've never been to that location but have been to other Big Woody's , and they're a decent place to find a game and decent bar food. Staff is normally very cordial to put on a TV for you. Some tables might even have there own TV.
This suggestion doesn't come with a guarantee 😕
If you want upscale dinner but not a sports venue in Fogelsville, try the Glasbern. It's really nice but make sure your debit account is well funded.💰

Reactions: PopSheetz
Women’s panties not best thing on earth. Women’s panties next to best thing on earth.
Q) how many animals are in a pair of panty hose??

A) 10 piggies, 2 calves,one a$$,one pu$$y,and Lord only knows how many hares

Well, I like winning streaks as much as the next guy, but between some recent less than dominant performances at several weights, and this horrible flu bug, this Sunday is likely to be our biggest test of the year.

Observations:

125 - slight favorite
149 - clear underdog
157 - slight favorite
165 - clear favorite
174 - clear favorite
185 - toss up
197 - clear favorite
Hwt - clear favorite

With stories of this flu lasting weeks, we could be at risk of backups at 133, 174, 197 and heavy, let alone any new victims this week.
Possible illness outbreak aside, if PSU has their starting lineup, Nebraska has no chance to win. Let's be real. However, they are good enough that there are several intriguing matches along the way, so it should be fun to watch.

If they lose because of illness, of well, what can you do? Even if the bug hits, the backups at 174 and 197 are more than capable. If Cochran can beat Slavakouski, he certainly has a chance at Allred, too, and Barraclough should handle Bubba Wilson. 133 would be a problem.

Here are the odds I'd set:

125: Davis (-1.5) vs. Smith
133: Nagao (-3.5) vs. Van Dee
141: Bartlett (-2.5) vs. Hardy
149: Kasak vs. Lovett (-6.5)
157: Haines (-3.5) vs. Robb
165: Mesenbrink (-9.5) vs. Taylor
174: Starocci (-11.5) vs. Wilson
184: Truax vs. Pinto (-1.5)
197: Brooks (-7.5) vs. Alred
285: Kerkvliet (-9.5) vs. Hutmacher

My picks:

125: Davis dec Smith (I'll give the points Davis)
133: Nagao dec Van Dee (I'll take Van Dee and the points)
141: Bartlett dec Hardy (I'll give the points with Bartlett)
149: Lovett dec Kasak (I'll take Lovett and give the points)
157: Haines dec Robb (I'll give the points with Haines)
165: Mesenbrink major Taylor (I'll give the points with Mesenbrink)
174: Starocci major Wilson (I'll take Wilson and the points)
184: Pinto dec Truax (I'll take Pinto and give the points)
197: Brooks major Alred (I'll give the points with Brooks)
285: Kerkvliet major Hutmacher (I'll give the points with Kerkvliet)

Final: PSU 28, NEB 6

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
Wrestlestat has Kasak beating Lovett. Who knows, but I wouldn’t call it that way.

Excited for Bernie-Pinto, among others.

WE ARE!!!

Reactions: mcpat
Penn State vs Nebraska Preview, With Jeff Byers

I enjoy listening to Byers on these podcasts but, my goodness, it's hard to listen to the other guy do the 5 minute long sponsor promos and monopolize the conversation. Sometimes it looks like Byers is struggling to not roll his eyes when the droning goes on and on.

Zach S., if you're on this forum, I encourage you to follow Aaron Burr's advice to Alexander Hamilton.

hamilton talk less GIF

My picks:

Wish college wrestling had betting lines… would probably put more eyes on the sport..

Iowa/Rutgers Post match Discussion and Nebraska Preview

Did Greg Pickel say JEFF Fritz was one of PSU's previous head coaches in this video? Come on, man. Penn State wrestling has only had 7 head coaches since the late 1920s so it shouldn't be hard for those who cover wrestling to remember their names. Of course, these guys probably think college wrestling started in 2010 anyway ...

I've decided that I'm going to make trip Sunday with my daughter. Got tickets today. Looking for suggestion wrestling crowd will be for pre match meal and beverage.

Reactions: hlstone and mcpat
I've decided that I'm going to make trip Sunday with my daughter. Got tickets today. Looking for suggestion wrestling crowd will be for pre match meal and beverage.
Meet us at the Happy Valley Brewing Company on Monday.

Meet us at the Happy Valley Brewing Company on Monday.

Unlike the advice that was given for Rutgers match. I was hoping for a place that is open Sunday serving warm food and cold beverages.😏

Last edited:
It's funny cause it's true
What’s true is I would never have followed nfl/nba as closely if it weren’t for betting lines/fantasy sports. I remember one year I was able to find lines on the ncaa championships(year Taylor won) haven’t seen lines since.

Reactions: hlstone

My picks:

I don't know about some others but I'm looking forward to this dual!

What’s true is I would never have followed nfl/nba as closely if it weren’t for betting lines/fantasy sports. I remember one year I was able to find lines on the ncaa championships(year Taylor won) haven’t seen lines since.
Circa sports. Is the betting site. One can only access it if, you are in Iowa.
I used it when we were at the Iowa dual 2 years ago.

Flying out to FLA in a little bit for the 500. If it doesn't rain out Sunday I'll have to miss the match and watch it when I get back. Gonna be hard resisting the urge to look here for updates. Lol
That's awesome going to the 500. If I had to guess you will be able to watch the dual and see the 500 on Monday. Looks like alot of rain on Sunday.

Go Blaney!!!

Thanks everyone. These are no longer needed I got 2.

Anyone selling 2 tickets for the match? Please email Str8Dblz@Gmail.com if so.

The tickets on Ticketmaster are absolutely pricey gouging!

Last edited:
You can’t ignore the this might matter Cael Cael is the best coach in college at preparing a team for a championship but that said the streak matters and this probably matters so I suspect we’ll be ready and aggressive

Observations:

125 - slight favorite
149 - clear underdog
157 - slight favorite
165 - clear favorite
174 - clear favorite
185 - toss up
197 - clear favorite
Hwt - clear favorite

winning 8 of 10 matches is dominant!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT