ADVERTISEMENT

NBA rigging game 7

Putting some of their best refs on the game is a conspiracy to some?
Or ignoring the Celtics had a much better record this year.

Should be a good game. Key will be if Celtics play D like they are capable. And if they hit 3s?.

JC remember the Heat are an 8 seed…. Their guys are burnt. They’ve run a gauntlet and the tank is empty. Butler can’t even elevate anymore as his legs are spent. How many blocks has he had on his bloody jumpers?

Now take those stats and compare it to their overall records
Then look at the opponents and how they faired against them in other games
I love when people use data without doing any analysis--just blinding using numbers so they can create an excuse
Agreed. And then consider which teams were playing under each ref/crew (which we don't know). Did the Celts play weaker teams? Were they at home? Did the Heat play better teams on the road?

Yeah- the "record" is pretty definitive, but too many variables not fully considered...

Agreed. And then consider which teams were playing under each ref/crew (which we don't know). Did the Celts play weaker teams? Were they at home? Did the Heat play better teams on the road?

Yeah- the "record" is pretty definitive, but too many variables not fully considered...
I think its pretty clear after watching this game. Absolute joke out there.

I did not state that…but someone did.
I know…the person that started this thread about tonight being “rigged” for the Celtics followed up that it’s pretty clear….I don’t see anything out of the ordinary (actually, like the way they are letting them play tonight).

When Duncan Robinson is hitting 3s (his thing) and getting to the rim ( NOT his thing) and taunting The Garden crowd I don't think it's the refs. Caleb Martin = insane. Lowrey stepping up. Jimmy being Jimmy.

Game 7 collapse couldn't happen to a better team and fanbase (yes...salty 76er fan here).

When Duncan Robinson is hitting 3s (his thing) and getting to the rim ( NOT his thing) and taunting The Garden crowd I don't think it's the refs. Caleb Martin = insane. Lowrey stepping up. Jimmy being Jimmy.

Game 7 collapse couldn't happen to a better team and fanbase (yes...salty 76er fan here).
He's been getting to the rim all series. You must not be watching games.

Correct- haven't watched much. If Herro is healthy Robinson is on pine. Tonight Martin is #1 star- Robinson made a bigger impsct than expected. Tatum and Jimmy could be 76ers. We've got neither. If my aunt had a pecker she'd be my uncle....F Boston.
Robinson will still be getting minutes with Herro back but yeah will be more limited. Heat are very deep with Herro in the back court. Super thin at the front court.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
JC remember the Heat are an 8 seed…. Their guys are burnt. They’ve run a gauntlet and the tank is empty. Butler can’t even elevate anymore as his legs are spent. How many blocks has he had on his bloody jumpers?
That didn’t age well huh? Mighty Celts quit in the 4th quarter.

Wasn’t this game supposed to be rigged for the Celtics?
Well according to Wojo there were 13 calls or non-calls in favor of the Celts in game 6. Two games in a row, especially with the second being an elimination game, would probably be a little too obvious.

11788549.jpeg

Yep, I missed that one by a mile... Heat was just saving it for Game 7, I guess.
I was pretty shocked as I thought the Heat was pretty beat up and spent. I thought Barkley nailed it at halftime. It looked like the Celtics lived and died by the three. They didn't hit them early and then couldn't miss. But if you follow the NBA playoffs, then sooner or later, you get into a physical and challenging series. You get worn out, injured, and mentally exhausted. The outside shots don't go in. Then you have to win dirty. You grind and fight. You win in the paint by outhustling, rebounding, and playing defense.

I know people don't like LeBron but he is really smart. He knew that he needed a) home-court advantage and b) win the early series in 4 games. Winning in six just increases the chances of injury and fatigue. You have to have depth and play both an inside/outside and left/right game.

Doesn't appear to me they were burnt out for game 7! 😉

I was pretty shocked as I thought the Heat was pretty beat up and spent. I thought Barkley nailed it at halftime. It looked like the Celtics lived and died by the three. They didn't hit them early and then couldn't miss. But if you follow the NBA playoffs, then sooner or later, you get into a physical and challenging series. You get worn out, injured, and mentally exhausted. The outside shots don't go in. Then you have to win dirty. You grind and fight. You win in the paint by outhustling, rebounding, and playing defense.

I know people don't like LeBron but he is really smart. He knew that he needed a) home-court advantage and b) win the early series in 4 games. Winning in six just increases the chances of injury and fatigue. You have to have depth and play both an inside/outside and left/right game.
Reason I'm shocked? They actually called a carry!!!! Probably the first one all season, though these guys carry the ball every time they dribble! What a joke!

Yep, I missed that one by a mile... Heat was just saving it for Game 7, I guess.
Well I don’t know about that. I initially didn’t think the Heat would win but people were acting like the Celts were a shoo-in. Like my late father always said: that’s why you play the game. Too bad the Sixers didn’t keep Butler.

Reactions: Waltwam
Well I don’t know about that. I initially didn’t think the Heat would win but people were acting like the Celts were a shoo-in. Like my late father always said: that’s why you play the game. Too bad the Sixers didn’t keep Butler.
Sums up the Sixers franchise: Too bad.

Ye
Sums up the Sixers franchise: Too bad.
Yeah but nothing surpasses the time they had Moses Malone AND the No. 1 overall pick. My partner and I went to lunch and said even the Sixers couldn’t screw this up. Came back and found they traded Malone and the No 1 pick because Brad Daugherty was the consensus No 1 pick and the Sixers thought he was “too soft” for Ruland who was bone on bone in both knees and played something like 5 games and several other stiffs. Daugherty had an excellent 10 year career. Might well be the worst trade any professional franchise ever made in any sport.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
You need a little more dust on your shoes. I saw him in action.
One of the reasons why I struggle to get on board the "best dynasty of all time" regarding the Celtics is Red's antics. It was widely known, by players, that the famous "parquet" floor had massive dead spots. I spoke to people that said these dead spots mysteriously moved around come playoff time. in addition, the visitor's heating/AC would mysteriously go out for big games. Back in the day, people just laughed it off as Red being Red.

The source of the floor issue was Roy Lucas, Jerry Lucas' brother.

One of the reasons why I struggle to get on board the "best dynasty of all time" regarding the Celtics is Red's antics. It was widely known, by players, that the famous "parquet" floor had massive dead spots. I spoke to people that said these dead spots mysteriously moved around come playoff time. in addition, the visitor's heating/AC would mysteriously go out for big games. Back in the day, people just laughed it off as Red being Red.

The source of the floor issue was Roy Lucas, Jerry Lucas' brother.
I think they won a few road games too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT