ADVERTISEMENT

More Upsets: Down goes Vito

I might be misremembering, but IIRC they didn't make Gomez #1 last year when he beat Yianni.

Going back further, Zain wasn't #1 after beating Stieber. But Willie was around then, so there was some sanity.
I do think they (Willie) made Jason #1 after pinning iMar, but that was well into the season, and after Jason had dominated the scuffle, IIRC.

I might be misremembering, but IIRC they didn't make Gomez #1 last year when he beat Yianni.

Going back further, Zain wasn't #1 after beating Stieber. But Willie was around then, so there was some sanity.
Gomez had already lost to Paniro when he beat Yianni, so there was no chance in hades that he could be #1.

As far as Crookham goes, it doesn't make sense, but it doesn't matter, either, since he's going to face the other 3 of the top 4 HTH anyway. It'll get sorted out on the mat.

Perfect examples. Upon further reflection, that is ridiculous.

I remembered the exact opposite, that they made Gomez 2 but said Yianni stayed number one due to his body of work as a 3x Champ. Just checked and in their Nov 21st rankings they used that exact reasoning plus the fact that Gomez already lost to Paniro to keep Yianni 1

I’m sure Nolf was highly ranked. Crookham = Unranked

nolf.jpeg

Flo doing Flo stuff and justifying it. Next month they will argue the opposite.

We don't even know if Crookham won the wrestleoff in his own room.

I see a future national champ there, but I doubt it's this year. Vito made some egregious mistakes in that match.

The Stout boys are big boys. Their dad is a good friend and still a horse. Great work Luke

Not an upset but did anyone catch Cornell box score? Foca up at 184?? Didn’t think he was a big 174.
Also Loew didn't wrestle. Would think Foca 174, Loew 184 would be the better lineup. Maybe this was a temporary change? Cornell didn't need their optimal lineup against Sacred Heart.

Reactions: pish69
Also Loew didn't wrestle. Would think Foca 174, Loew 184 would be the better lineup. Maybe this was a temporary change? Cornell didn't need their optimal lineup against Sacred Heart.
Loew is at least sitting out this semester to avoid graduating (those pesky Ivy rules), although there's a vague rumor that he's done. They referred to Foca as "making his debut at 184" which makes it sound like a permanent thing. Also, the current Cornell roster has both Loew and Foca at 184 (this is new for the latter), so it does seem like he's going up. Two years ago, he had issues with making 174, although he handled it well last year. Perhaps he's just put on more muscle?

In a 48-3 victory, who would have guessed that the lone Cornell loss would have been at 133?

Arnold is going to be yet another in a long line of Hawkeyes that win close and extremely boring matches. I'm thinking he will come down with a sickness or ankle tweak when he realizes his time to face Carter draws close.

One thing for certain: the plan to push Carter out of bounds will backfire in the worst possible way.

Arnold is going to be yet another in a long line of Hawkeyes that win close and extremely boring matches. I'm thinking he will come down with a sickness or ankle tweak when he realizes his time to face Carter draws close.
Decent win for a True Freshman id say. He going to be another in a long line of Hawkeye's to beat ISU and UNI wrestlers.

Pyles is a scumbag. Why mention that piece of s@>/.
Really? I think that is a bit strong, unnecessary, and largely unsubstantiated. On style in particular, he is an acquired taste for some, and I don't have a problem with those that prefer something else, but that seemed like a post more appropriate for the cesspool.

Really? I think that is a bit strong, unnecessary, and largely unsubstantiated. On style in particular, he is an acquired taste for some, and I don't have a problem with those that prefer something else, but that seemed like a post more appropriate for the cesspool.

I think it's been fairly substantiated that he's a thin-skinned weasel over the years but you're probably right that scumbag is too much here.

Decent win for a True Freshman id say. He going to be another in a long line of Hawkeye's to beat ISU and UNI wrestlers.
Definitely a good win but he is a fairly boring wrestler. His defense is outstanding though and his lack of length limits his offense so I expect him to continue winning low scoring bouts

Reactions: Ski
Cole Matthews losing tbh isn't super surprising. He leaves himself open to it bottom line.
True -- though Matthews losing 12-4 to Maryland's Kal Miller yesterday is.

Miller looks much improved vs. 18-18 last year. He's 5-0 this year and also beat Josh Edmond.

....and another in a longer line that never wins four titles. I doubt he wins even one. 3x AA with a bunch of injuries and excuses by the time he is a burned out senior. His mom should switch to contacts now.

Great Minds of Wrestling:

Cael: I didn't come here to beat Lehigh.

Turk: Arnold is going to be another in a long line of Hawkeyes to beat ISU and UNI wrestlers.

Reactions: NittanyLion84

If it were me I'd have directed that comment towards Pyles snot nosed kid.... lol

More dialogue pre meet:

Pyle's: "Cael, I have a plan"

Willie:,"Gimme a chew of snuff"

Shane: "Bring back Max Murin!"

Askren: "What were you guys saying again? I got distracted by donuts'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT