ADVERTISEMENT

Hudson to announce on Sat 8/8

Yea the timing is weird. I still don't see these "reports". Trust me I wish we could have him Hamlin Pryts and Fuller

There are premium reports that are basically stating this including one today. So who knows, but it sounds like he was in the group with Toney and Brown, and he is the odd man out due to them verballing first. I wish he were going to PSU, but that doesn't look likely.

There are likely only 5 spots left in this class and we take 23 total. We'll be up against the 85 ship limit for next year unless a guy like Brandon Bell or Wartman declares for the draft after the season. The staff is aiming to take all top flight 4* guys with the final 5 spots, which could be any combo of the following:

1. Dioubate
2. Hansford
3. Ferns
4. Fuller
5. Hamlin
6. Joe'Juan Williams (Safety from Nashville).

They will keep their options open for guys who may flip (Terrell Hall just de-committed from OSU or if a Rashan Gary type shocks the world). Otherwise, I'm guessing they will save the ships for 2017 if we strike out with the above guys because 2017 is absolutely loaded, especially in PA. No way the staff takes more than 23 unless we land all of the above and/or Bell/Wartman declare for the draft before signing day.

I think Hansford may potentially be the reason. Saw a new CB on him to PSU the other day. Maybe he is ready and that ended things for Hudson.

I say pin all these predictions to the top Tom McAndrew, so we can check them out in February.

There you go.. Hudon CB's all over the place to WVU. Told you so.. not that I said which university he will be attending, but I said for certain it is not going to be PSU. His spot was gone the moment brown and toney committed and the fact that we have higher guys on the safety spot available. Even Sean Fitz over at 247 CB'ed him to WVU. Cappy, I had my word with CJF and I guess we both were on the same page.. lol. Newho, still sucks because he was a damn good player. Ohh well, hope we can land Hamlin somehow.

Are you a 247, Scout, or Rivals paying customer?
No, I see people above said there are premium. I also am not at home, on vaca in OCMD until tonight, so not as easy to find what's out there at the moment. It's pretty clear now though he's gonna pick wvu.

He's not a 4 star recruit on Rivals, just to correct OP.

Last edited:
I will say this, it's hilarious that Pitt isn't going to get him and Wheeler is announcing on the 10th and he might pick WVU too. That would be great!

Did anyone else see that yesterday Hudson said he had changed his plans and is not announcing on the 8th, but instead pushing his decision back?

What are the likely causes?

1. Just not comfortable.
  2. Chance of another team entering the race for him.
  3. CJF called and said that a couple of his other recruits will be announcing soon and that if they do not announce for PSU then there is an opening for Hudson at PSU, his favorite school.
I'm hoping it's option #3, as I think the kid is a hard nosed football player that will contribute big time to the team of his choice.

Did anyone else see that yesterday Hudson said he had changed his plans and is not announcing on the 8th, but instead pushing his decision back?

What are the likely causes?

1. Just not comfortable.
  2. Chance of another team entering the race for him.
  3. CJF called and said that a couple of his other recruits will be announcing soon and that if they do not announce for PSU then there is an opening for Hudson at PSU, his favorite school.
I'm hoping it's option #3, as I think the kid is a hard nosed football player that will contribute big time to the team of his choice.

Interesting info and comments CappyToCJF.

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT