ADVERTISEMENT

Hudson to announce on Sat 8/8

CappyToCJF

Jun 13, 2014
He is a very versatile athlete, likely a Safety, and would be a great addition to the class. We need a potential Safety in the class. Safety, RB, OLB .....

UPDATE:
Looks like all reports now point away from PSU. As CJF said, it's a good thing when you have to turn away 4 star recruits. Yes, most sites list Hudson as 3 star recruit, but he is a versatile athlete that CJF offered early, so I'd have to believe CJF looks at him as a potentially great player. The fact that he is listed by 247 as the #1 "athlete" in PA tells me he could contribute in college at a number of positions, from what has been published and from his H.S. resume to date Safety, LB, and/or RB.

Last edited:
I doubt he's coming here. He's in the same boat as wheeler. Had his chance then others committed and he lost his spot. I would be stunned if the staff is still after him and he commits here.

isn't Hamlin a safety? I would go all out to get Hamlin instead of Hudson (which the staff is ovb'ly doing). It sucks cause Hudson is such an amazing athlete, but like the poster above mentioned, I too think maybe his ship has sailed.

isn't Hamlin a safety? I would go all out to get Hamlin instead of Hudson (which the staff is ovb'ly doing). It sucks cause Hudson is such an amazing athlete, but like the poster above mentioned, I too think maybe his ship has sailed.

Why?

There is no Safety committed.

What does "go all out" mean? Don't you believe CJF is and gas been all along recruiting Hamlin, Hudson, Pryts,..... hard from the get go?????

Hamlin is a CB, but with the frame to eventually play Safety, like Lucas.

Last edited:
I doubt he's coming here. He's in the same boat as wheeler. Had his chance then others committed and he lost his spot. I would be stunned if the staff is still after him and he commits here.

When did his ship sail? Is there a Safety/LB committed?

Not at all similar to Wheeler. We now have DT's committed in the class and are still involved with a few more highly rated than Wheeler. Hudson is among the offers still out to try and get 1 or 2 Safety's.

His offer is very much commitable. He hasn't visited anywhere else since the Lasch Bash from what I can find. I think we're probably the favorite here. He only ever cut his list to a top ten so other than Pitt it's tough to tell who the other favorites are. I know he liked Wisc and MD too. There was also an article a while back that Bradley could be a factor in his recruiting.

fair enough. So what happens if Hudson commits and after a week Hamlin also wants in?

Staff does see him as a linebacker. His high school has traditionally sent very very few players to Pitt.

247 Crystal Ball predictions has Hudson as 88% to PSU. Then again, they also have Lavert Hill de-committing and going to Michigan.

247 Crystal Ball predictions has Hudson as 88% to PSU. Then again, they also have Lavert Hill de-committing and going to Michigan.
I stopped following that damn crystal ball they only seem to be right if it is a sure thing the kid is going to commit. I rather follow bmw199's post.

Reactions: Sullivan
The crystal balls mean nothing, but then I would not be a surprised a bit if Hill eventually decommits. He apparently went to the Michigan recruiting BBQ this past weekend with both of his parents.

I stopped following that damn crystal ball they only seem to be right if it is a sure thing the kid is going to commit. I rather follow bmw199's post.
Thanks, I'm not really sure on this one. I just can't see who he favors over us though... Unless the staff back off or something that I don't know about.

The crystal balls mean nothing, but then I would not be a surprised a bit if Hill eventually decommits. He apparently went to the Michigan recruiting BBQ this past weekend with both of his parents.
He did, but he didn't commit. I thought if he was going to flip, that was going to be the day. Still a long way to go, but he has said nothing other than he is 100% PSU. Time will tell, but as of now, he's still on board.

He is a very versatile athlete, likely a Safety, and would be a great addition to the class. We need a potential Safety in the class. Safety, RB, OLB .....
He's not coming here, there's no way the staff would accept his commitment now. With all the higher rated guys still on our board at both LB and safety the staff is going to wait. If he was announcing 2-3 months ago then it would probably be us, but after Brown and Toney committed there is no longer a spot for him. My guess is Wisconsin. It's a shame because I think he is going to be a nice player.

It was reported that PSU is slow playing him and will not accept his commitment at this time...

Reactions: Judge Smails
It was reported that PSU is slow playing him and will not accept his commitment at this time...
I would have expected that Toney's commitment would take Hudson of the table (for at least the time being). Come January, depending on how things shake out.....maybe there will be a spot available. But I would be very surprised if he announced for PSU later this week.

We have 18 verbals and this class is going to get into the mid 20s, we have room for him. I think Ferns goes to WVU and Pryts to OSU. We will have room for Hamlin, Hudson, Hansford, Dioubate plus a wildcard or two

IMHO, when Toney & Brown jumped on the train, the WLB was filled for the year. No idea where Hudson is going, but, again imho, VT probably presents him with the most opportunity. We'll see on Saturday I guess.

We have 18 verbals and this class is going to get into the mid 20s, we have room for him. I think Ferns goes to WVU and Pryts to OSU. We will have room for Hamlin, Hudson, Hansford, Dioubate plus a wildcard or two
Certainly room for a few more.....I'm just not sure that they might not be full - in terms of who is "verballed" and who is still out there as a high-profile target - at the moment at least......at the position(s) that Hudson could slot into.

Then again, I was very surprised when they took a verbal from Dan Joseph - given who else was on the "list".

Where????? Is this premium bc I haven't seen that anywhere. It wouldn't surprise me if we were slow playing him but it would surprise me if we told him he can't commit.

Reactions: psengr82
He's not coming here, there's no way the staff would accept his commitment now. With all the higher rated guys still on our board at both LB and safety the staff is going to wait. If he was announcing 2-3 months ago then it would probably be us, but after Brown and Toney committed there is no longer a spot for him. My guess is Wisconsin. It's a shame because I think he is going to be a nice player.

Bullshit

You talk like you know something, but unless you are a close relative of his or have been inside CJF's draft room, you don't.

We will all see on Saturday.

I'm rooting for him to come to PSU

Reports are that his offer from PSU, his favorite school by all accounts, is now non committable. This probably made him nervous and it's the reason he's making a commitment out of the blue to likely his backup choice. I highly doubt it's Pitt. As someone here already pointed out, McKeesport kids almost never go to Pitt, so I'm not getting my hopes up. And even if by chance he commits to Pitt, it's still possible he flips to PSU in the long run if his offer becomes committable again.

I think he'll end up at Wisky or WVU.

Reports are that his offer from PSU, his favorite school by all accounts, is now non committable. This probably made him nervous and it's the reason he's making a commitment out of the blue to likely his backup choice. I highly doubt it's Pitt. As someone here already pointed out, McKeesport kids almost never go to Pitt, so I'm not getting my hopes up. And even if by chance he commits to Pitt, it's still possible he flips to PSU in the long run if his offer becomes committable again.

I think he'll end up at Wisky or WVU.

Where are these 'reports'?

Reactions: bmw199
He is scheduled to be on campus at WVU on August 8th so it looks like WVU.

If that's the case, it looks like WVU is it for him. Where did you see he's visiting the 8th?
It would seem to me - and I think has looked this way for a while - that this is a situation similar to the Bowers kid, and the kid from Altoona last year. Guys that the staff likes, guys that are legit D1 prospects, but guys that will be in limbo wrt a PSU offer until late in the game........maybe one will be available - maybe not. Wheeler from Pittsburgh is probably a similar case.

J Stocker and the offensive linemen Hatton and Donahue were probably in that situation last year......sometimes things work out....sometimes they don't.

If that is the case, it would be reasonable that they would lock up a legit offer elsewhere (and maybe that other option will grow on them to the point that they wouldn't want to go anywhere else).....and wait and see what happens wrt PSU. It would only be natural that this would happen at a lot of programs (including OSU, Michigan, etc) Just the nature of the game with scholarship limitations.

fair enough. So what happens if Hudson commits and after a week Hamlin also wants in?
Let me get this this right... You a have a corner and a safety... the safety may become an LB and the corner as safety. I have to ask you...what does reason mean to you?

Most corners at 17 Years of Age have some growing to do. Most safeties at 17 have some growing to do... hell...it's actually a fact that most 17 year old males have some growing to do. I think you exhibit very odd thinking and I know I am glad you are not recruiting for PSU.

His offer is very much commitable. He hasn't visited anywhere else since the Lasch Bash from what I can find. I think we're probably the favorite here. He only ever cut his list to a top ten so other than Pitt it's tough to tell who the other favorites are. I know he liked Wisc and MD too. There was also an article a while back that Bradley could be a factor in his recruiting.
I believe the offer is not commitable

Yea the timing is weird. I still don't see these "reports". Trust me I wish we could have him Hamlin Pryts and Fuller
He may have been the one who tried to commit at the bash

ADVERTISEMENT