ADVERTISEMENT

BSD's attempt at a depth chart coming out of the Spring.....

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
Since Franklin "doesn't see the value in it...."
This is based on what they saw during the open practice sessions.
Things that stick out to me:
- If KLS bags out, Saunders will have a great chance to step up
- JB Nelson has played a lot of football for PSU but likely won't be a starter on the OL
- Most believe Shelton to be the starter at LT even though he's out with an injury
- Rucci's experience likely gets him the starting RT spot over Donkoh
- Rojas seems to have taken over for Carter at Will
- Robinson must be practicing at Will after practicing last season and I believe some this Spring at Mike. He's been given positive reviews but maybe Elsdon has improved enough to hold him off at backup Mike
- Not sure why they put Speca 3rd team at Mike when he's not even on campus yet. A more accurate current snap shot might be Robinson 3rd team at both Mike and Will.
- Cam Miller must be holding off Kimber for the 2nd starting CB spot. Harris seems like he been recognized as a true talent and quickly rose to the top of the CB group. Lots of CB's will contribute this season
- Did anyone really see KO returners practice or is Singleton just there on this list because he was there last season? I was hoping a young RB like Wallace would take over the KO return duties.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry
Since Franklin "doesn't see the value in it...."
This is based on what they saw during the open practice sessions.
Things that stick out to me:
- If KLS bags out, Saunders will have a great chance to step up
- JB Nelson has played a lot of football for PSU but likely won't be a starter on the OL
- Most believe Shelton to be the starter at LT even though he's out with an injury
- Rucci's experience likely gets him the starting RT spot over Donkoh
- Rojas seems to have taken over for Carter at Will
- Robinson must be practicing at Will after practicing last season and I believe some this Spring at Mike. He's been given positive reviews but maybe Elsdon has improved enough to hold him off at backup Mike
- Not sure why they put Speca 3rd team at Mike when he's not even on campus yet. A more accurate current snap shot might be Robinson 3rd team at both Mike and Will.
- Cam Miller must be holding off Kimber for the 2nd starting CB spot. Harris seems like he been recognized as a true talent and quickly rose to the top of the CB group. Lots of CB's will contribute this season
- Did anyone really see KO returners practice or is Singleton just there on this list because he was there last season? I was hoping a young RB like Wallace would take over the KO return duties.

Saunders was a highly rated WR but his size might be a problem. Same with Ivey. We really need Wallace & Evans to step up.

I'd be surprised to see Robinson start at LB since we didn't see much of him last year. DeLuca will have a role.

Cam Miller scares me after the way he struggled in the Peach Bowl.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Saunders was a highly rated WR but his size might be a problem. Same with Ivey. We really need Wallace & Evans to step up.

I'd be surprised to see Robinson start at LB since we didn't see much of him last year. DeLuca will have a role.

Cam Miller scares me after the way he struggled in the Peach Bowl.
Hamler did well as a small guy in the slot, and with his quickness that seems like the position for Saunders.

There's no way Robinson starts. But he generated a good many positive comments about his quickness, power and progress at LB, and I'm hoping he backs up King at Mike this season and then starts at Mike in 2025. Robinson may even follow Carter to DE. But the staff seems to like his potential. Deluka seems like the starter at Sam if Rojas is now at Will. but he may give way to Wheatley a good bit in Allen's defense. Looking forward to seeing what Robinson, Keys and Jackson do in the B/W game.

I thought Cam had very good position on a good many of the balls that were caught over him in the Peach Bowl, but he was facing a pretty good WR and the MSU QB was just plain on fire with most of his throws. I look for Cam to come back strong from that experience. But the depth and competition at CB should push all the talented CB's on the roster to improve. Looking forward to seeing what Harris and Kimber bring to the table tomorrow.

Terry Smith said the CB Collins, the transfer from Miss St, had the best Spring of any of the corners yet that depth chart doesn’t even list him.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Terry Smith said the CB Collins, the transfer from Miss St, had the best Spring of any of the corners yet that depth chart doesn’t even list him.
Yep, it really is not a great effort at a depth chart. But at least it is a starting point to discuss how things are playing out at some positions going into the B/W game tomorrow......

Reactions: Fac and NJPSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT