ADVERTISEMENT

Going to Big Tens

Red Lion, 1991

Anyone have a suggestion on when to arrive at the venue? Driving from Southern PA about 1.5 hours away. Thinking trying to be there Saturday around 8:30?
We're in SC pa (Gettysburg area) and leaving around 7. 1:10 drive for us. Doors open at 9. I would like to get in lot closest xfinity center.

Reactions: Busa2k91340
Red Lion, 1991

Anyone have a suggestion on when to arrive at the venue? Driving from Southern PA about 1.5 hours away. Thinking trying to be there Saturday around 8:30?
I almost got to wrestle Brad Lloyd. He ducked me to move up and wrestle our returning state place-winner (Lloyd won by a few points). No sense waisting Lloyd on the district qualifier with bigger fish to fry.

We're in SC pa (Gettysburg area) and leaving around 7. 1:10 drive for us. Doors open at 9. I would like to get in lot closest xfinity center.
That appears to be the Terrapin Trail parking garage.

Sadly I'm not attending in person, but still super excited for this! I'll get the command center set up tomorrow morning. Not an elaborate setup like many fans on here, but enough to watch B10 network, B10+, Track wrestling, and these forums. I'm always impressed with the media setups some have.

Let's go Lions!

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
Everyone have fun! I got my masters at Maryland, and live about an hour from College Park. I have been waiting for BIGs to come down towards us. Now that it’s here, I am back in State College helping my parents. I’ll be watching on TV though!

Last edited:
Great! Shows 1.5 hours for us coming from York.
I’ll shoot for getting there around 8:15.
Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: mcpat
Everyone have fun! I got my masters at Maryland, and live about a from College Park. I have been waiting for BIGs to come down towards us. Now that it’s here, I am back in State College helping my parents. I’ll be watching on TV though!
I was hoping to see you again.

Oh well. You must come next year!!!

Maryland should have delayed to another year…the whole campus is under construction and you can’t walk anywhere without major issues…ugh!

Reactions: mcpat
I was hoping to see you again.

Oh well. You must come next year!!!
I hope to!! Everyone have fun. I don’t make it down to College Park often, used to go for volleyball matches. There didn’t used to be a lot of dining options near campus, but they have built up quite a bit. Bentley’s is still there though!

Reactions: hlstone
????? So that means I can't go get something to eat between session's? Wth! Wife is gonna love that. Smh.
Yeah, that wasn't great. The on-site food choices were pretty bad, but we weren't going to walk off campus to hit a decent restaurant or drive and have to pay a second parking fee when we came back.

Fabulous time at B1G’s. This forum was well represented! Shout out to hlstone and PSUPaul specifically for the tailgate, though you could have ordered better weather 😀. Creameryfreak, thanks for the seat so my brother could join us. And to the 15+ other posters here that I ran into and spent time with, even just a few minutes, hope you are home safely, or on your way. See some of you in KC!

We ate like Kings and Queens thanks to @hlstone ‘s cooking, as Roar said, the only thing we could have wished for was slightly better weather.
Also, I would like to give a shout out to the MD workers, to a person all were very personable and helpful, had some great chats with the bomb squad police parked by our truck. Even though it is officially a “no tailgate” university, we never got any flack.

Last edited:
We ate like Kings and Queens thanks to @hlstone ‘s cooking, as Roar said, the only thing we could have wished for was sloghtly better weather.
Also, I would like to give a shout out to the MD workers, to a person all were very personable and helpful, had some great chats with the bomb squad police parked by our truck. Even though it is officially a “no tailgate” university, we never got any flack.
And we even had 3 beers leftover.

Speaking of scanning, tickets for session IV didn't get scanned either. We never left the building after session III so I have some unused tickets for sale.

would have been nice to know that a $9 session 3 ticket would also get you access to session 4 for free

We ate like Kings and Queens thanks to @hlstone ‘s cooking, as Roar said, the only thing we could have wished for was slightly better weather.
Second that MD worker compliment. MD did a really nice job hosting. The facility was great; the suport staff was welcoming and helpful; the PA announcer was actually very helpful in providing useful info on the brick appeals, background info on the wrestlers and what to expect during the upcoming sessions; stuff you don't always get from the host venue. My only complaint was the inability to keep the bout scoring up to date on the scoreboard.

My only complaint, during the finals, too many people would be leaving there seats during the live wrestling blocking my view. People couldn’t wait 10 minutes until a match was over? I was sitting in a PSU section too .

How were the traffic jams in the parking garages?

Was there uneven pavement for the senior citizens to negotiate?

I would also like to say the MD workers were very cordial. One even stopped me and wanted to talk about Aaron Brooks. Mr. Brooks is a legend.

Second that MD worker compliment. MD did a really nice job hosting. The facility was great; the suport staff was welcoming and helpful; the PA announcer was actually very helpful in providing useful info on the brick appeals, background info on the wrestlers and what to expect during the upcoming sessions; stuff you don't always get from the host venue. My only complaint was the inability to keep the bout scoring up to date on the scoreboard.
The match scoring was mostly OK. They got behind on one of the finals matches and were a bit slow in a few other matches They could have updated the team standings a little more often.

I was in section 113. There were a number of MSU people just below us. The first few rows of section 114 had a bunch of Ohio State and a few Michigan fans, but both section seemed to be mostly Penn State fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT