ADVERTISEMENT

Going to Big Tens

For those traveling to XFinity and parking in their lots around the arena, you may be interested in this...

The website, when you buy parking for $20, it says per day. When you receive the pass, it says it is good for one entry per day. Anyone that plans to drive for a meal between sessions on Saturday will have to buy another pass to get into the parking lots for Session II.

Didn't sound right, so I called, and indeed, that's the way it is.

Last edited:
For those traveling to T-Mobile and parking in their lots around the arena, you may be interested in this...

The website, when you buy parking for $20, it says per day. When you receive the pass, it says it is good for one entry per day. Anyone that plans to drive for a meal between sessions on Saturday will have to buy another pass to get into the parking lots for Session II.

So could you leave and come back, and the lot be full? All seams funky.

So could you leave and come back, and the lot be full? All seams funky.
No, there's a bunch of lots. It's first come-first serve, and they'll be directing cars to the lots. Coming back late from a meal might just mean you are further away.

Oh, and we're talking Big Tens here. I called it the T-Mobile Center above (now changed)...it's the XFinity Center.

Reactions: PSUeng
No, there's a bunch of lots. It's first come-first serve, and they'll be directing cars to the lots. Coming back late from a meal might just mean you are further away.

Oh, and we're talking Big Tens here. I called it the T-Mobile Center above (now changed)...it's the XFinity Center.
thanks, did not know if it was like in State College

according to google maps, it is about a 15 minute walk to restaraunts on Baltimore ave from the Xfinity center. Probably easier to walk than move the car and finding parking especially since there is probably no more than a few hours between sessions.

For those traveling to XFinity and parking in their lots around the arena, you may be interested in this...

Control what you can control. Have a PSU tailgate

according to google maps, it is about a 15 minute walk to restaraunts on Baltimore ave from the Xfinity center. Probably easier to walk than move the car and finding parking especially since there is probably no more than a few hours between sessions.
Wish I could remember the name of building but my wife and I found last year and it's over by football stadium and right across from softball field. Had several places to eat inside. Student book store on 1st level and eatery on 2nd level. Sry don't remember any bars though. Lol.

Sounds like a money grab to support there D3 program.

I'm not going, but a parking idea: if folks are planning to walk to Baltimore Ave to eat, maybe park there instead, and then not have to deal with traffic escaping the Xfinity Center lots?

(Assuming the weather holds up, of course.)

Looks like the downtown garage at Baltimore Ave/Berwyn House Rd can be reserved for $14/day + tax. No in-and-out privileges, just like the arena.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
I remember going to a football game 4 or 5 years ago and Penn State fans took over a bar called The Cornerstone(I think). Pretty decent place with decent food. I think that was the 100-3 game, or something close to that.

Reactions: Lionscrebs
From their reply, I am guessing I can tailgate but there will be no porta potties. So, it would be hard to do. It is like they never did split sessions before. Will the few restaurants be able to handle everyone all at once. It is not like after an event where 3/4 of the people leave. I feel lucky everyone in our group has no walking issues. Always uber.

according to this estimated schedule, there's only going to be about 2.5 hours between session 1 and 2 and only an hour between 3 and 4

i would assume the doors open at least 30 minutes before the session starts, so maybe you'll just have to hold it for 2 hours saturday and 30 minutes on sunday.

hello, everyone.
New to the board but have been following since 2010.
Always enjoy the information and takes on what's what with PSU wrestling.
Going to Big 10s which will be my first chance to see PSU in person.
Section 118, Row 3
Hoping to see one of our boys "giving them the gusto" this weekend. :)

hello, everyone.
New to the board but have been following since 2010.
Always enjoy the information and takes on what's what with PSU wrestling.
Going to Big 10s which will be my first chance to see PSU in person.
Section 118, Row 3
Hoping to see one of our boys "giving them the gusto" this weekend. :)
Welcome aboard to the posting side of this forum. Seems you started "lurking" the year college wrestling started. Seriously, have a great time at the tournament. It's as good as the NCAA Championships in many respects.

Welcome aboard to the posting side of this forum. Seems you started "lurking" the year college wrestling started. Seriously, have a great time at the tournament. It's as good as the NCAA Championships in many respects.
Thank you! Correct, the only wrestlers I was really aware of prior to then were Dan Gable, Brad Lloyd and Cael Sanderson. Sad to say, but it's been pure pleasure being on board during the Cael era.
Can't wait.

Wish I could remember the name of building but my wife and I found last year and it's over by football stadium and right across from softball field. Had several places to eat inside. Student book store on 1st level and eatery on 2nd level. Sry don't remember any bars though. Lol.
That’s Stamp Student Union

For those of you that are going, I hope you have a great experience. I love B1Gs, and the team score matters to me as well (is that 2?). This is the first year in long time (covid year aside) I can't attend. I gave some thought to NCAAs, as it would work out. This year though I'll be streaming the whole thing.

Please share your experiences at B1Gs, I've met so many wrestlers and their families there.

Edit: Drunkenness

Last edited:
according to this estimated schedule, there's only going to be about 2.5 hours between session 1 and 2 and only an hour between 3 and 4

i would assume the doors open at least 30 minutes before the session starts, so maybe you'll just have to hold it for 2 hours saturday and 30 minutes on sunday.
I mean, I read that as 4.5 hours of intermission on Saturday. Semis don't start until 7. Not sure what team you are rooting for, but it must not be PSU.

4 of my crew coming. Our location is secret due to traveling with Goldbanger. He is trying to avoid the poparazzi and women throwing undergarments.
Well, I would like to avoid the paparazzi, the ladies may feel free to throw their unmentionables!!

Reactions: danoftw
Dallastown, 1982. I roomed at PSU with two-time sectional champ Dave Brenneman (‘80-‘82 HWT), my HS classmate.

Dallastown, 1982. I roomed at PSU with two-time sectional champ Dave Brenneman (‘80-‘82 HWT), my HS classmate.
Red Lion, 1991

Anyone have a suggestion on when to arrive at the venue? Driving from Southern PA about 1.5 hours away. Thinking trying to be there Saturday around 8:30?

Red Lion, 1991

Anyone have a suggestion on when to arrive at the venue? Driving from Southern PA about 1.5 hours away. Thinking trying to be there Saturday around 8:30?
We're leaving from Southern PA around 7:30 tomorrow. BTW, I tangled with Mark Oldhouser, Travis Conrad and Keith Downs back in the day.

I'll be there, with NoVaLion-the-older and others on this board.

[EDIT: here's a link to the brackets if anyone is looking for them: oops, that's last years. Anyone have this year's?]

Reactions: hlstone
I'll be there, with NoVaLion-the-older and others on this board.

[EDIT: here's a link to the brackets if anyone is looking for them: oops, that's last years. Anyone have this year's?]
PSWC has preseeds ones. BigTen main page has a greyed out link. I assume it will go live after coaches meeting today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT