ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Penn State MBB @ Northwestern

bdgan

May 29, 2008
ESPN gives us a 29% chance tonight. NW is favored by 4.5 pts.

I think it's a long shot because we don't have anybody who can keep up with Buie. I remember nobody being able to keep up with Tominaga at Nebraska and I'm afraid it could be like that.

The best chance is a combination of Wynter & Clary. Certainly not Funk or Pickett. The problem is Wynter can't keep up and Clary will foul.

Last edited:
Close game until Micah chokes again midway through the 2nd half.
The coach has lost the game already and it hasn’t even started. Apparently players don’t matter any more, only the coaches….must be the PlayStation influence on some fans.

Basketball is odd though. We beat Ohio State who was reeling. Now they just beat Illinois and are beating #21 Maryland at the moment. For PSU, we can be shooting lights out and beat anyone or ice cold and give up a 19 point lead in the 2nd half. Is it too obviously that I'm still feeling that one?

Lundy firing away but still looks off. Lucky to bank in that one 3pt shot.

Funk had no chance to stay with Buie.

2 missed FTs don't help

Basketball is odd though. We beat Ohio State who was reeling. Now they just beat Illinois and are beating #21 Maryland at the moment. For PSU, we can be shooting lights out and beat anyone or ice cold and give up a 19 point lead in the 2nd half. Is it too obviously that I'm still feeling that one?
I just heard the announcer say that we only had 1 FG in last 13 minutes vs RU. I thought it was 9. Somehow 13 feels so much worse.

This game is feel8ng l8ke a Chambers offense. With the doubling of Jalen we need great ball movement...which is not a strength as so much of our offense has run tbrough him.

Chucking bad 3s late in the cl9ck is no way to win on the road to a top 25 team

I just heard the announcer say that we only had 1 FG in last 13 minutes vs RU. I thought it was 9. Somehow 13 feels so much worse.

This game is feel8ng l8ke a Chambers offense. With the doubling of Jalen we need great ball movement...which is not a strength as so much of our offense has run tbrough him.

Chucking bad 3s late in the cl9ck is no way to win on the road to a top 25 team
We don't have any cutters. Wynter can't keep up with Buie. Clary might be our best chance. He can also get into the paint.

NW watched the film on how to stop PSU. Pressure & double team Pickett. No adjustments by PSU.

9-1 turnovers already. This is embarrassing.

Funk should sit for a while. NW pressuring and taking away the 3. PSU doesn't back door, they just stand at the perimeter.

Bench Dread. He missed his 3 by 2 ft. He's mentally done. Lundy seems to have caught his disease.

Last edited:
Pickett with his first FG in about a whole game. Somehow PSU is back in it.

It’s time to give up on him….he’s not going to get it back.
I mean, his conditioning is terrible. I truly dont remember looking like he does at any point in his career. Been very disappointing this yr

24 pts in a half won't get it done.
Pickett 2 pts won't get it done.
9-2 turnovers won't get it done.
23% 3 pt shooting won't get it done.

It's amazing we're in this game.

NW is pressuring the ball and double teaming Pickett up top. They only have one defender in the paint but nobody cuts to the basket. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Online Persona

Yes, and somehow we are, at least for now. Imagine if we actually turn some of those stats around in the 2nd half.

Reactions: bdgan

NW is pressuring the ball and double teaming Pickett up top. They only have one defender in the paint but nobody cuts to the basket. Very frustrating.
The whole plan all season was just pass it around, give it Pickens with 12 sec on play clock, then stand around and watch him drive. They don’t know how to do anything else…..

Bardo just said Lundy is hot under the collar on Pickett for a missed assignment? Lol...dude went 1-16 the other night and looked more disinterested than people at an insurance seminar.

Reactions: bdgan
Interesting that Henn is getting so many minutes and Clary is getting so few.

Henn has 5 TOs!

Micahs insistence to play Dread is embarrassing. He is a terrible overall player. Evan and or Kebba need to be in there for size and athleticism.

Lundy lost on D gives Buie wide open 3.

Dread actually made a shot!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT