ADVERTISEMENT

Folarin Bologun....the REAL DEAL

That English Nigerian is going to make an excellent faux-American. Welcome to international soccer.

Now we know how it feels to have baseball players with last names ending in a vowel representing Italy in international competitions. Sad.

That English Nigerian is going to make an excellent faux-American. Welcome to international soccer.

Now we know how it feels to have baseball players with last names ending in a vowel representing Italy in international competitions. Sad.
He’s a US Citizen that was born in the US…there are guys that stretch the limit, but he’s not one of them.

He’s a US Citizen that was born in the US…there are guys that stretch the limit, but he’s not one of them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was born here, and left at 2 years of age, before taking off for England and never returning, spending all of his cognizant life in England. I spent 20 years in PA and if I returned now, I wouldn't feel comfortable calling myself a Pennsylvanian. And that's just a state a few hours down the road.

If that's not stretching the limit, I don't want to know what stretching the limit is. Play for England and be done with it. If you aren't good enough, so be it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was born here, and left at 2 years of age, before taking off for England and never returning, spending all of his cognizant life in England. I spent 20 years in PA and if I returned now, I wouldn't feel comfortable calling myself a Pennsylvanian. And that's just a state a few hours down the road.

If that's not stretching the limit, I don't want to know what stretching the limit is. Play for England and be done with it. If you aren't good enough, so be it.
22 goals in French League 1. He's plenty good enough to start for any of the big 6 clubs In the premier league. 5 countries wanted him badly for their national clubs and yes that includes both France and England. He is an elite player. Period.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets

Strange take. Kid was born here, has family here, and wants to play for us. He is literally a US citizen, what’s the problem.

Giuseppe Rossi was born and raised here and chose Italy over us. F that.

Also, he will be good enough for England. The same England who can’t beat us the last two times we played in the word cup

For Christ sake this kid is 1 of the best 20 players in the world. I don't give a rats ass if he was raised on Zimbabwe.

For Christ sake this kid is 1 of the best 20 players in the world. I don't give a rats ass if he was raised on Zimbabwe.
Me either. From Mars and eligible, get your uniform on. Berhalter though, what a buffoon. The US is finally attacking the goal more directly which is yielding goals galore. Berhalter we throw cold water on it.

Reactions: GreggK and Psugo823
Me either. From Mars and eligible, get your uniform on. Berhalter though, what a buffoon. The US is finally attacking the goal more directly which is yielding goals galore. Berhalter we throw cold water on it.
His treatment of Reyna cost us a chance to make that quarterfinal...no way we beat Argentina but we would have gotten there if he wouldn't have got in an ego battle with the kid

Reactions: GreggK
he is? I never even heard of him until 2 days ago
He is a scoring machine with a lot of potential, and still very young. Absolutely huge for the US. He will allow them to play direct and actually put a little fear in opponents back lines (as opposed to the yawning going on in the world cup). The US can now counter long or build up, as opposed to being one dimensional like in the world cup.

he is? I never even heard of him until 2 days ago

He isn't one of the top 20 players in the world. He is one of the top young players in the world though.
He had 21 goals as a 21 year old in a top European league. That is on par with any of the players who are in the top 20 in the world when they were his age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT