ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock be damned

Jesus didn’t help them when they lose.

Haha!

Brings to mind when a high school coach advised one of his basketball players to stop making the sign of the cross before free throws: If you miss, it makes God look bad.

That said, even though I doubt God picks sides during sporting events, I still think it's nice when athletes publicly thank Him afterward. It sends a positive, counter-cultural message...which is a good thing since our prevailing popular culture is so messed up and glorifies sports figures for all the wrong reasons.

Reactions: NewEra 2014
Well, he was a wonderful role model for you.
He certainly was. Graduated from Fordham. Was the prosecutor, in upstate NY referenced in Steely Dan’s song My Old School, who nailed them on drug charges. Fought in the Korean War. Was a special ops paratrooper in IDAF. Was an FBI agent under Hoover. Best selling author. TV and movie actor with a recurring role on Miami Vice. Founded his own company that would go into foreign countries and rescue clients’ family members who had been kidnapped, for example. And of course, he had a very successful syndicated talk radio show for 20 years.

He was given a commuted 8 year sentence for burglary. Imagine that, An 8 year sentence for breaking into a hotel to get intelligence on the Democratic National Committee which was running a prostitution ring out of the Watergate at the time. He was released by a judge after 4 years who said we don’t have political prisoners in the United States. That was back when we had honest, competent judges even in Washington DC and we really didn’t tolerate having political prisoners.

I would say that if you’re a smart person you could learn a lot from a guy like that. Or you could just be a dope who doesn’t believe in God but believes everything in The NY Times.

• Haha
Reactions: EPC FAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT