ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling FinalX PBP

And yet he made weight! (But he's clearly avoiding putting weight on his left knee.)

If he can’t move better than that, it’s gonna be over quick in both matches, even with a cortisone shot.

@82bordeaux that you wearing shades, a collared PSU shirt and khaki shorts outside the Pru Center?

If he can’t move better than that, it’s gonna be over quick in both matches, even with a cortisone shot.
I love me some cortisone shots. Doctors should set up mobile cortisone shot mobiles at ski resorts - they’d make a killing.

Anyway, this is on script for Cox giving his unusual history the last 5 or so years. Serious drama.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Part of me wonders if he plans on asking for a wrestle-off at a later date, but wanted to make weight to prove he wasn’t off weight like last go around.

Also appears he got hurt between the press conference and this morning

Reactions: Raw Daddy
I love me some cortisone shots. Doctors should set up mobile cortisone shot mobiles at ski resorts - they’d make a killing.

Anyway, this is on script for Cox giving his unusual history the last 5 or so years. Serious drama.
Still incredibly skeptical of the time he suffered a significant knee injury against David in 2016 and then was fine during the rest of the match and immediately after.

Reactions: tikk10
He seemed fine when he walked into the press conference yesterday. Must have happened in yesterday evening's training session? Regardless, that sucks. Was one of the match-ups I was most looking forward to!

if he asks for a wrestle-off at a later date that is Bull****. I don't think these games are funny, wrestle at the assigned time or lose your spot!

Reactions: mcpat
if he asks for a wrestle-off at a later date that is Bull****. I don't think these games are funny, wrestle at the assigned time or lose your spot!
I mean if he got hurt he got hurt. I’m fine with it’s a wrestle-off in that case.

Also, there are plenty of examples of USAW bending stuff to make it work.
Nick Marable the only situation I think? He also was the guy with the bye I believe.

Yianni and Zain as much as we hate it wasn’t that controversial.

I believe only the returning medal winners can request later matches due to injury.

Helen is delaying her matchup this cycle.

Cox isn’t the guy sitting in Final X. He’s not a former world medalist at 97, he can’t ask for a delay.

Yep. Only Snyder could ask for the delay at 97kgs. There's a 48hr requirement, so even if Snyder was sympathetic and willing to delay the match, he couldn't.

Correct. No idea about Camacho though.
Camacho-Suriano is listed as a double forfeit.

I have no idea how USA Wrestling would handle such a situation ... guessing no 3rd spot because it's so unlikely to be needed anyway.

Nick Marable the only situation I think? He also was the guy with the bye I believe.

Yianni and Zain as much as we hate it wasn’t that controversial.
There was a pretty badly kept secret about Burroughs being off weight at Final X Lincoln and getting extra time as well. Which was part of why he looked like shit the first match against IMar

There was a pretty badly kept secret about Burroughs being off weight at Final X Lincoln and getting extra time as well. Which was part of why he looked like shit the first match against IMar
Wore a women’s singlet also right

Snyder trained and cut weight all to peak for today. If Cox can’t go, I don’t like the idea of Snyder having to do that again. Who knows when guys are too hurt to go vs something less than that. If you can’t go on qualifying day, you’re out. Can’t think of any other sport where they reschedule.

To be fair to J’den, we have zero indication he’s not wrestling. I was just posing the question.

If Fix beats Desanto how long until someone on the HR makes a "daddys drink" comment

9-0 Fix. He looked good. Countered every shot and took DeSanto down. Got a turn too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT