ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Rutgers discussion/PBP

I selfishly want Beau and Carter to return. But if they are questioning their motivation to do so, it might well be time to move on. Nothing worse than watching guys suffering from HEW. I’m sure both will make the right decision.

Reactions: PSUer1989
I selfishly want Beau and Carter to return. But if they are questioning their motivation to do so, it might well be time to move on. Nothing worse than watching guys suffering from HEW. I’m sure both will make the right decision.
Correct, we also have guys ready for both weights who want to wrestle bad. HEW is possibly more debilitating than actual injuries/sickness in such a physical and effort driven sport.

Nothing wrong with NIL being a key factor in wanting to return, it's very easy money for the most part but it can't be the sole factor.

Reactions: mcpat
Thanks! I really enjoyed your article. Just a friendly typo notation for you: on Kasak's video it is noted as "Tyler Kasak with the win at 125".
Thanks! That video was a @pennstateWREST tweet, so I'm afraid I'm powerless to correct it, but I'm near certain I've made others, so feel free to keep 'em comin.

Last edited:
It is for me, but I’m from Philly so it’s in my nature - like the Scorpion in the Scorpion and Frog fable
Chickenman- also born and educated in Philly (downtown), so hate is definitely built in. Its fuel! I live in the south now where hate is less blunt. Co-workers once asked how I can hate most Big Ten teams, everyone in the SEC & ACC. I replied is language they could grasp: It’s my god given right. Truth be known, I reserve the toxic venom for the Red Scum, MeatChicken, and the fookin Cowboys.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
If Levi were to redshirt, Terrell could easily divide 157/165 with MM. Conceivably he could have SVN or Kasak to contend with …
Why is this suggestion keep coming up? Next year, Levi will be a Junior! It's ridiculous to even suggest that without a good reason, i.e., Olympics/injuries/etc. Give it a rest.

well if they all come back they can break the NCAA record for points scored that PSU will set this yr!

Beau's style stifled him into the NCAA semis and a 3rd place finish.

Is this about him or about how we feel?
Then why does Cael keep wanting Beau to attack/score more than he has been then? Beau has said this many times. Then funny thing is, about two weeks ago during the interview, Beau said he likes to watch Mesenbrink wrestle and his high pace... and that Mesenbrink's high pace style is like his (Beau) style. After seeing that, I couldn't help but laugh.

That's not a bad premise. Regardless of wrestler, consistently winning by a point or two is risky business, not just this year but anytime since the invention of wrestling. Old news really, but it is free game as a discussion point.

Just re. Bartlett though, I don't understand why the discussion isn't a bit more fair and balanced. Some of the folks posting would say they're Beau fans, yet this is their take? I'm confused about what it means to be a fan these days, as many of the same individuals haven't taken the time to give Beau his due. Dude is 43-3 (93.5% win %) at 141, came in 3rd at the 2023 NCAA Championships while seeded 6th and beating #3 Cole Matthews on his way, has won this season against #2 Woods, #3 Mendes, #14 Lemley, #15 Hines and beat current #6 McNeil last season.

Two more things. At this level wrestling is hard, and it's tough being a wrestler parent and visit the forums.
No doubt that they are a "fan." We are a fan of any teams associated of Penn State. But within a team aspect, I would put Messenbrink as top for fan favorite; Beau is probably somewhere in the middle for some.

At tournaments and especially the NCAAs (and I'll be there again this March) I miss a lot early on because I can only cover one thing at a time…..

JDSO9hs.jpeg
This is ridiculous. It’s not remotely enough to provide amazing and revealing shots dude…..you need to up your game. AI, iPhones, Doc Oct Arms, whatever. This is the 2020’s man. Get with the program!!!

😎

Reactions: tikk10
Had
Enough
Wrestling

A term I learned on this board.
I learned HEW when, at 52, helping Chertow with a camp, he sent a state finalist to a mat with me for everyone to watch. He had a habit of doing this saying they had a chance to wrestle “The Lion”.

Already having known speed evaporated a long time ago…live full matches were a challenge….but you know..pressure to hold Lion standards and pressure from the room, I kept agreeing.

Late in the match, I fired off a hi C and let my head fly off his hip and he smartly tried to chin whip me. (Holy mother of God that hurt). I sent the C arm to his hamstring, blocking, and drove across for the TD and ended the match winning.

I then spent the rest of the week NOT wondering why my neck and shoulders felt like they were in a vise. But I sure AF knew what HEW feels like. I also knew what LME is. Last Match Ever.

:)

@PatMineo22 is so weak. Claims that Nagao, Starocci, and Brooks aren't going. Then, when he's only 1/3 right, shuts down comments, so people can't call him out. Weak. Why anyone pays any attention to this clown, I'll never understand. Come on, Mineo, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Are you an idiot sandwich? 30 minutes later it was updated that only starocci was gonna be out… can you read? That was still 2 hours before the match. Brooks was sick but decided to wrestle. If you can’t read then stay off twitter.

Reactions: Ruby Tues
I learned HEW when, at 52, helping Chertow with a camp, he sent a state finalist to a mat with me for everyone to watch. He had a habit of doing this saying they had a chance to wrestle “The Lion”.

Already having known speed evaporated a long time ago…live full matches were a challenge….but you know..pressure to hold Lion standards and pressure from the room, I kept agreeing.

Late in the match, I fired off a hi C and let my head fly off his hip and he smartly tried to chin whip me. (Holy mother of God that hurt). I sent the C arm to his hamstring, blocking, and drove across for the TD and ended the match winning.

I then spent the rest of the week NOT wondering why my neck and shoulders felt like they were in a vise. But I sure AF knew what HEW feels like. I also knew what LME is. Last Match Ever.

MTTDB! More time to drink beer

Not to defend him because I'm not sure his record for accuracy is that great, but I listened to Byers last night and he also said that around mid-day they were presuming that as many as 4 of the PSU starters might not go because they were under the weather. He mentioned Nagao, Starocci, Brooks and Kerkvliet as those who were possibly or probably going to sit. That said, I'm not sure why you'd shut down comments if the information changed over the course of the day.
The information was updated 2 hours before the match and 30 minutes after the initial tweet… stating that they were all a go. You’re correct- several were sick and weren’t expected but went anyway- but It’s right there for everyone to read, this guy is just playing ignorant. It amazes me that people can read one tweet but not 3 others right after it.

Did you ask the bartender for a straw that night?

The information was updated 2 hours before the match and 30 minutes after the initial tweet… stating that they were all a go. You’re correct- several were sick and weren’t expected but went anyway- but It’s right there for everyone to read, this guy is just playing ignorant. It amazes me that people can read one tweet but not 3 others right after it.
Exactly how I would expect an Iowa fan boy to reply.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT