ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Brady Berge returning to Penn State to finish career

I just can't believe this. Like Christmas morning and a VERY unexpected present was lying under the tree. Frankly, I thought PSU was the odds-on favorite before this news, but damn, it just got to be a really, really big hill for Michigan or Iowa to climb and I don't know how they do it if everyone in a PSU singlet stays healthy.

And, what makes it even more incredible is that it allows us time for a few of the incoming kids and the redshirting studs to be ready to wrestle. Next year we arguably get Howard back at 125 (stud), get Bartlett at 141 (stud), have SVN at 149 (stud), get Haines at 157 (stud), Facundo ready to go at 165 (stud) and everyone else returns (please RBY, hang around for one more title), so next year is arguably even a better squad than this year's squad.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpat
I just can't believe this. Like Christmas morning and a VERY unexpected present was lying under the tree. Frankly, I thought PSU was the odds-on favorite before this news, but damn, it just got to be a really, really big hill for Michigan or Iowa to climb and I don't know how they do it if everyone in a PSU singlet stays healthy.

And, what makes it even more incredible is that it allows us time for a few of the incoming kids and the redshirting studs to be ready to wrestle. Next year we arguably get Howard back at 125 (stud), get Bartlett at 141 (stud), have SVN at 149 (stud), get Haines at 157 (stud), Facundo ready to go at 165 (stud) and everyone else returns (please RBY, hang around for one more title), so next year is arguably even a better squad than this year's squad.
indeed. This morning i woke up unduly early to a fresh 3" of snow, and then opened up to this story.

Reactions: billrag
Some people asked if he had to pay back what he earned as coach, and I am far from an expert, or even knowing anything about that. But kids are allowed to earn money with jobs, and teaching camps, right? Is it possible that is it just sponsorship money he can’t make? Though even that has changed some now with NIL money.

Reactions: Ski
Assuming Brady will have to wrestle-off with the other 3 guys for the starting spot? I would love to see Brady as a NQ and make the podium, and Cael send 10 to NCAA's for the first time.

Just went over. Dear God @Jrjt0518 is something.
@Jrjt0518 left his webcam on while posting last night...
giphy.gif

Holy crap took a break from forum for a couple hours. So odd to see your singlet at the scuffle being used. This must of been in the works for some time. Might of wrestled at scuffle then decided against. Welcome back Brady!!
Perhaps when they make the movie that will be the foreshadowing we all love so much.

Well this helps a little ,has to stay healthy at nationals. Could get 5- 8 pts, is better than zero.

Everything I’ve heard about BB is what a credit he is to any program. I’ll tell you what, though, SDSU is gaining another fan in me. What a class move by that staff and school
I hope Cael takes his defending National Championship team out there next season. Let them pack their gym for a dual as a Thank you.

This is awesome. Happy for Brady. So glad he gets to go out on his own terms. Finishing up as an all-American would be a storybook ending.

Oh, and I now have a second favorite wrestling team.

Dodgeball really ties it all together.
Remember, wrestling is a sport of violence, exclusion and degradation. So, when you're picking wrestlers, remember to pick the bigger, stronger kids for your team. That way you can gang up on the weaker ones, like Iowa here.

If someone wanted to show their appreciation for the folks at SDSU, would that be best done through the Jack Rabbit WC RTC? Or a different avenue?

• Wow
Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT