ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Could Penn State be hosting a wrestling dual at Beaver Stadium this fall?

Snow Snowball Fight GIF by Gonzaga University

Hey Manning, welcome back to state college ;)

I grew up in Lock Haven, 25 miles away. 80 and clear skies was the norm for early November at 7pm. Yeah, that was the norm as I remember it. Did I mention I have dementia? Did I mention I have dementia?
Wrestlers could borrow those cool robes that the Buckeyes wore.

The Wyoming barn dual was cool. I think Princeton offered (maybe as a joke) to host one in a library. That would be cool. Dual in a football field….HARD PASS!

Reactions: creamery freak
Yeah - it’s the off season silly season. Watching ants wrestle in late fall
Leaves me cold. I’d rather that PSU host a big off season tourney (size & quality of the old Southern Scuffle) in December or early
I really wish Cael could find the team a way back to the Southern Scuffle. Only a 3 hour drive for me and the team was very accessible. Met Bo, Marky, Ant, and a host of others that weekend. A fan friendly venue, and the guys would line up to give autographs to kids all day. There are worse places to be than Chattanooga on New Years.

I always wondered if a pre-Christmas Scuffle would work. After finals but before Christmas.

Reactions: yekrut321
They pulled it off in Iowa. Winters there can be pretty brutal as well. They were super lucky with the weather, though. I think it’ll be cool as a one time thing as long as they have a decent Plan B.

I really wish Cael could find the team a way back to the Southern Scuffle. Only a 3 hour drive for me and the team was very accessible. Met Bo, Marky, Ant, and a host of others that weekend. A fan friendly venue, and the guys would line up to give autographs to kids all day. There are worse places to be than Chattanooga on New Years.

I always wondered if a pre-Christmas Scuffle would work. After finals but before Christmas.
Every time I pull on one of my old Scuffle shirts . . . I smile. We saw the emergence of some future PSU greats in Chattanooga. Maybe the non-Olympic schedule will allow PSU to return to the Scuffle this year. The teams that have continued to come to Chattanooga in recent years are almost all non-Big Ten schools that we would not normally schedule.

I am probably so full of crap on this but here is how I see the Southern Scuffle and PSU's participation.

It used to be Cael wanted to give his guys a chance to see different quality competition and gage possible adjustments for post season planning. The pros outweighed the cons.

Now he wants to avoid injury exposure and the room competition is far superior to anything his guys are going to get from the SS so the cons now far outweigh the positives.

I wish we wrestled a more diverse competition just so I could watch that competition. Selfish on my part and counter intuitive to what Cx3 is trying to accomplish. Which is good health and readiness for the post season.

I am probably so full of crap on this but here is how I see the Southern Scuffle and PSU's participation.

It used to be Cael wanted to give his guys a chance to see different quality competition and gage possible adjustments for post season planning. The pros outweighed the cons.

Now he wants to avoid injury exposure and the room competition is far superior to anything his guys are going to get from the SS so the cons now far outweigh the positives.

I wish we wrestled a more diverse competition just so I could watch that competition. Selfish on my part and counter intuitive to what Cx3 is trying to accomplish. Which is good health and readiness for the post season.
I don’t think you’re far off. This past year had the most vanilla schedule that I can remember. Boring comes to mind. Heck, a lot of our guys didn’t even get 15 matches in.

I’m not complaining because the end result is the goal but I watched a lot of paint drying to get to the goal.

They pulled it off in Iowa. Winters there can be pretty brutal as well. They were super lucky with the weather, though. I think it’ll be cool as a one time thing as long as they have a decent Plan B.

The one mistake i think Iowa made was iowa vs Okie st that day. As far as rivals go it totally fit. And getting 45,000 people in a wrestling meet is just incredible prior to a football game. I think if they wanted to fill the stadium, I believe they played Minnesota that afternoon or night they should’ve doodled Minnesota and that stadium would’ve been full. I know it’s not quite the same rivalry as Okie State, but the goal was to get 75,000 people or whatever Kinnick holds that would’ve been the ticket. My recommendation would be if Penn State was playing Michigan or Ohio State in a night game during the wrestling season that’s the duel to put it in so you could maximize the entire stadium being full. Just my two cents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT