ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Brady Berge returning to Penn State to finish career

Vodka watching like
FDEqZEyXMAMMhO7

More like
200.gif

Some people asked if he had to pay back what he earned as coach, and I am far from an expert, or even knowing anything about that. But kids are allowed to earn money with jobs, and teaching camps, right? Is it possible that is it just sponsorship money he can’t make? Though even that has changed some now with NIL money.
I think the question is amateur vs professional. Obviously, if he was getting paid to wrestle on Rokfin cards, that would be problematic. Where does getting paid to coach the sport that you want to compete in as an amateur fall?

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
Remember, wrestling is a sport of violence, exclusion and degradation. So, when you're picking wrestlers, remember to pick the bigger, stronger kids for your team. That way you can gang up on the weaker ones, like Iowa here.
Always love a good Dodgeball reference - nicely done!

Reactions: d-1980
on TFW willie says he knew nothing about Berge coming. Goes on to say he texted Cael after the news hit and Cael said to willie it was all Berge. That he wanted one more ride.

Im sure in the days/weeks ahead of this will flush out.

on TFW willie says he knew nothing about Berge coming. Goes on to say he texted Cael after the news hit and Cael said to willie it was all Berge. That he wanted one more ride.

Im sure in the days/weeks ahead of this will flush out.
Willie pretending that he didn't know anything. That is why he is the best. Keep on being you, Penn State Willie.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
Why not rejuvenate at PSU?
I just can't see it happening here because he never can get out of his own way anymore and I sometimes wonder if it's just the pressure of team races or being in his brother's shadow. He's declined, big time. I've seen guys peak and not improve but he's declined. I want the kid to succeed and feel sometimes a change in scenery can do wonders.

Ignore his HS freestyle results (over Griffith and Carr) There's actually evidence he can be successful in college. His true freshman year when things didn't count (since he was in redshirt), he was wrestling so loose and care free. He notched 2 takedowns on Wittlake in the first period and I was beyond impressed. He pinned Connor Flynn with a mat return basically. He went on top of the Air Force kid (who NEVER gets bonused) and ragdolled him (2 minute techfall) with tilts. He nearly majored Jake Wentzel. He was creating angles and attacking the legs at the Scuffle without Cael in his corner even. His 2 losses were both mainly due to his inability to get out from bottom and I was thinking that's typical and he's going to fix that and be great for us. He pins Zach Hartman in 20 seconds at NLWC and I'm like it's over, we have our next 165 great and that's basically where he's peaked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
I just can't see it happening here because he never can get out of his own way anymore and I sometimes wonder if it's just the pressure of team races or being in his brother's shadow. He's declined, big time. I've seen guys peak and not improve but he's declined. I want the kid to succeed and feel sometimes a change in scenery can do wonders.
But his stated intention was to give it one last go and then return to coaching. A change of scenery makes no sense given his situation and stated goals. He's clearly not looking to extend his wrestling career for longer than a semester--he pretty much says so--so I have to imagine returning to the place he's comfortable and familiar make a ton more sense than starting from scratch in however many respects (school classes, home, friends, coaches) for the sake of wrestling only one more semester. Surely he's aware that he's one more concussion away from being re-retired.

But are you in a position to know what it is that is holding him back? Suggesting it is time for him to go elsewhere seems like a bold move without knowing precisely what’s up.
No I'm not but my post has no ill intent. I did choose my words poorly with the love to see him go elsewhere so I took that down.

But his stated intention was to give it one last go and then return to coaching. A change of scenery makes no sense given his situation and stated goals. He's clearly not looking to extend his wrestling career for longer than a semester--he pretty much says so--so I have to imagine returning to the place he's comfortable and familiar make a ton more sense than starting from scratch in however many respects (school classes, home, friends, coaches) for the sake of wrestling only one more semester. Surely he's aware that he's one more concussion away from being re-retired.
My post was about Joe and I didn't clarify, I also didn't choose the best words so I took it down. I'm happy we have both Brady and Joe but hate seeing Joe struggle so much so I was just thinking out loud which wasn't my place.

Reactions: tikk10

Ignore his HS freestyle results (over Griffith and Carr) There's actually evidence he can be successful in college. His true freshman year when things didn't count (since he was in redshirt), he was wrestling so loose and care free. He notched 2 takedowns on Wittlake in the first period and I was beyond impressed. He pinned Connor Flynn with a mat return basically. He went on top of the Air Force kid (who NEVER gets bonused) and ragdolled him (2 minute techfall) with tilts. He nearly majored Jake Wentzel. He was creating angles and attacking the legs at the Scuffle without Cael in his corner even. His 2 losses were both mainly due to his inability to get out from bottom and I was thinking that's typical and he's going to fix that and be great for us. He pins Zach Hartman in 20 seconds at NLWC and I'm like it's over, we have our next 165 great and that's basically where he's peaked.
If only PSU had sports psychologists to help athletes understand their options.

My post was about Joe and I didn't clarify, I also didn't choose the best words so I took it down. I'm happy we have both Brady and Joe but hate seeing Joe struggle so much so I was just thinking out loud which wasn't my place.
Okay right, that helps make sense of the brother thing, which confused me b/c I thought you were talking about Berge (who also has a wrestling brother, but less applicable to your point).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT