ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling B1G Tournament -- Session 1 Thread

Oh boy, I can't wait to turn on the TV and watch a whale never move. Sounds great! The NCAA and their pathetic refs own this sh&t show.

Reactions: Psugo823
Kerk could use a couple of go-to turns or tilts. He is so dominant in neutral and on top he could really rack up the 'big' bonus if his tool kit were a little bit more diverse. Nice problems to face.

We have 3 in the round of 12 with most weights having 9 allocations. Win or go home at this point.

Reactions: mcpat
Maybe Kerk’s just conserving energy for later matches. He could take Orndorff down 20 times if he played catch and release.
Yeah I don't understand, he could do anything he wants to Orndorff other than turn him. What's the point of laying on him and just settling for a Major? He could finish the match quicker just by taking him down over and over and teching him. Doesn't look like taking him down takes much energy.

Reactions: Creek Side
There is no defending this nonsense. Sumo wrestling has more action.

Kerk could use a couple of go-to turns or tilts. He is so dominant in neutral and on top he could really rack up the 'big' bonus if his tool kit were a little bit more diverse. Nice problems to face.
You're kidding, right? I doubt very much that anyone on our team has scored more back points than DGK this year. His tilts especially are lights out against most competition.

I think PSU is done until 5:30. Anyone say otherwise?

Yeah I don't understand, he could do anything he wants to Orndorff other than turn him. What's the point of laying on him and just settling for a Major? He could finish the match quicker just by taking him down over and over and teching him. Doesn't look like taking him down takes much energy.
It is the refs job to specifically keep the wrestling continuing.

I think he’d have a better chance of decking Orndorff if he went feet to back.

And, with more TD attempts, he gets more opportunities for that.

We have 3 in the round of 12 with most weights having 9 allocations. Win or go home at this point.
Yes for Steen, I think SVN and Facundo are locks for a wildcard, that being said, we have major issues if they're 0-2 with their draws.

Reactions: PASLP2
Yes for Steen, I think SVN and Facundo are locks for a wildcard, that being said, we have major issues if they're 0-2 with their draws.
Not trying to be a downer but the importance of the round of 12 must be stated. Yes SVN path to a rematch with Murin for third seems highly possible. Facundo a little tougher but doable.

Team scores of top six. Sorry if already posted.

PSU. 63.5. 7 in semi.
Iowa. 63.5. 6 in
Minny. 51.5. 5 in
OSU. 45.5 5 in
Nebby. 45. 5 in
Mich. 43. 4 in

Iowa and PSU tied after session 1.

PSU has 7 wrestlers in semifinals and already qualified for NCAAs:

1 RBY vs 5 Ragusin
2 Bartlett vs 3 Hardy
2 Haines vs 3 Coleman
1 Starocci vs 4 O’Reilly
1 Brooks vs 4 Finesilver
1 Dean vs 5 Warner
2 Kervliet vs 3 Cassioppi

PSU also has three wrestlers in the 2nd round of consis; a win there qualifies each for NCAAs (and a loss there eliminates only Steen):

- 10 Steen vs 9 Medley
- 5 SVN vs 14 Reynolds
- 4 Facundo vs 11 South

Iowa has six wrestlers in the semis:

1 Lee vs 5 McKee
1 Woods vs 4 Shahar
4 Murin vs 1 Sasso
3 Kennedy vs 2 Amine
5 Warner vs 1 Dean
3 Cassioppi vs 2 Kerk

In the 2nd round consis, they have:

8 Teske vs 10 Lamont