ADVERTISEMENT

Zollers narrows his Top 4 to PSU, Pitt, Mizzou, Georgia

UGA would take him right now. His brother plays at Pitt, and Missouri will throw him the biggest bag. Penn State is the logical choice here, but it won’t be as easy of a commitment to land as it once looked.

How does that make PSU the logical choice?

The logical choice is UGA and UGA will throw the biggest bag.

From the pictures he looks like he has very legit size. Gotta hope that the staff can get him into Blue & White.

Also hope we get the LB from Imanni Christian tomorrow. Reportedly he is a legit athlete that could be a very good OLB or DE at PSU.

I think what he’s saying all things being equal and him being from PA, PSU Is the logical choice but when factor in everything else you never know.

He came back to PSU after his visits to the southern schools for what it's worth. The fact that Pitt is on here leads me to believe he wants to stay in state and that he might select us, but strictly reading between the lines.

UGA visit/offer is the new Bama. Missouri is the hot name, particularly with NIL.

Please. UGA isn't going to drop a big bag for a PA QB ranked ~#200 nationally.

With UGA losing Raiola to Nebraska, they're going to hit the portal hard to find their replacement for Carson Beck in next year's portal. It's possible Puglisi grows into the role right away, but whatever the case, UGA throwing down big money for Zollers makes no sense.

They're also leading for the top 2026 QB.

Some people way overestimate how much some of these schools have to spend on NIL. UGA is a major NIL player, but not for out-of-state QBs ranked #200. they're spending their money on linemen and elite LBs . If we lose Zollers to UGA, it's not because they're dropping a bag.

Last edited:

With UGA losing Raiola to Nebraska, they're going to hit the portal hard to find their replacement for Carson Beck in next year's portal. It's possible Puglisi grows into the role right away, but whatever the case, UGA throwing down big money for Zollers makes no sense.

Some people way overestimate how much some of these schools have to spend on NIL. UGA is a major NIL player, but not for out-of-state QBs ranked #200. they're spending their money on linemen and elite LBs . If we lose Zollers to UGA, it's not because they're dropping a bag.

What was Justin field ranked at this time? Either unranked or 3*.

Fair about we won't lose him to Georgia over $ but Georgia is always the logical choice because they're the best program not that Saban is gone.

What was Justin field ranked at this time? Either unranked or 3*.

Zollers isn't Justin Fields. Or at least I'd bet pretty confidently he won't become Justin Fields.

That argument doesn't fly. For every 3* that becomes Justin Fields, the other 99% don't.

He's a good QB, and Georgia seems genuinely interested in him. But he's by no means a priority for them. The 2025 class is a filler class for them at the QB position. They're not going to drop a bunch of money for Zollers.

Fair about we won't lose him to Georgia over $ but Georgia is always the logical choice because they're the best program not that Saban is gone.

Georgia is the best FB program in the country -- hands down. If we lose Zollers to UGA, it's because of that. Not because of the NIL variation of the "everybody cheats but us" argument.

Reactions: LandoComando
From a family perspective Pitt would seem to be the choice. From a trendy perspective Mizzou would be the choice. From a prestige perspective UGA would be the choice. From the best of all worlds perspective PSU would be the choice. Is this guy better than Grunkmeyer? Who knows what his main criteria is outside of the biggest bag of $$$

From a family perspective Pitt would seem to be the choice. From a trendy perspective Mizzou would be the choice. From a prestige perspective UGA would be the choice. From the best of all worlds perspective PSU would be the choice. Is this guy better than Grunkmeyer? Who knows what his main criteria is outside of the biggest bag of $$$
I wouldn't be surprised if Mizzou is one of those programs that caught lightning in the bottle with a really good core group, and will revert back to mediocrity once that group departs.

We have any word on where PSU is trending here?
Obviously he isn't going to MAC level pitt or fricken Missouri. The contest is between Georgia and Penn State. Gerogia is risky since they have 5 star QBs all over the place and no allegiance to Pennsylvania players. Penn State seems like a logical play for a local boy to pick.

Obviously he isn't going to MAC level pitt or fricken Missouri. The contest is between Georgia and Penn State. Gerogia is risky since they have 5 star QBs all over the place and no allegiance to Pennsylvania players. Penn State seems like a logical play for a local boy to pick.
You're underestimating Mizzou IMO
But if the options are down to Georgia and Penn State we're going to lose most for the time. I also hate the logic that having other top QBs should drive him away and being from PA doesn't mean anyone will have allegiance toward him. Even Penn State. Allar is an Ohio kid so was Clifford. Who cares what state they're from? The best play

If he picks Pitt , he is probably not smart enough to pass an entrance exam

MMM - what logo doesn't go with the others - you only get 1 guess. Even if his brother is a walk on at Pitt he isn't going there unless he flames out at one of the other schools and portals there - that is how Pitt "develops" QB's these days.
Tons of schools do that. It's a weird flex here against Pitt. We need to do more of that.

You've been around long enough to know that the board says every single recruit has PSU at the top of their list until the other schools either commit recruiting violations or pays them to lure them away.

Reactions: NittanyIllinois
I wouldn't be surprised if Mizzou is one of those programs that caught lightning in the bottle with a really good core group, and will revert back to mediocrity once that group departs.
Mizzou just received the biggest single donation in their history, IIRC it was about $60M. The NIL coffers are likely very full there at the moment and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them make some headway on the recruiting trail as a result.

Mizzou just received the biggest single donation in their history, IIRC it was about $60M. The NIL coffers are likely very full there at the moment and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them make some headway on the recruiting trail as a result.

Mizzou has already recruited better WRs than we have. I wouldn't scoff at them.

I’ll believe it when I see it. If they become a yearly top 10 to 15 team, then good for them. However, that never has been their history. Even under their current head coach, they’ve had very mediocre seasons except for last season.

I’ve often heard the same thing about Illinois and, except for a season here and there, they really haven’t been an impactful program.

Last edited:
One. They have zero commits listed for 2025.

And? 2025 is extremely young yet.

Who on our roster even sniffs Luther Burden as a WR? They have Courtney Crutchfield coming in for the 2024 class -- a top-50 recruit. When was the last time we recruited a WR that high?

And Eli Drinkwitz is a pretty solid offensive mind.

If the $60 million was to the university it cannot be used for NIL but can be put toward the athletic department budget. The university cannot pay NILmoney, at least not above board and openly. In today's wild west, who is monitoring compliance - the NCAA? Hardly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT