ADVERTISEMENT

Zeke Moisey to Nebraska

I missed the Ryan Poached Moisey era.

More seriously: article makes no mention of former NCAA qualifier Kris Williams at either 125 or 133. Did he transfer out?

Reactions: PSUaggie

More seriously: article makes no mention of former NCAA qualifier Kris Williams at either 125 or 133. Did he transfer out?
I read on another forum a week or so back that he was no longer on the roster. Apparently, he lost the starting job at 125. That said, Renteria missed nationals at 133 for the Huskers when he failed to make weight on day one. They have a good, young team, but that's inexcusable.

Reactions: Dogwelder

He quit early in the year he's just a student now

TaTo back to Schram then?
Hope he's recovered. Here's Connor's own words from January of this year..."Although many already know, I wanted to share that I’ve suffered a career ending knee injury at the Vegas tournament this year.".

Anyone know for sure that he was even granted a sixth year AND is healed enough to wrestle? Conflicting info out there...

Hope he's recovered. Here's Connor's own words from January of this year..."Although many already know, I wanted to share that I’ve suffered a career ending knee injury at the Vegas tournament this year.".

Anyone know for sure that he was even granted a sixth year AND is healed enough to wrestle? Conflicting info out there...
I think the hold up on news of him transferring or not is the sixth year news. My guess is the longer we hear nothing the less likely it is to happen

That was my thought as well. Seems the transfer season may not shape up the same as last year for him.

Good, I would hate to see his Nickname change from Tan Tom to Tamper Tom. You can't fill all of your gaps with transfers yearly by coincidence, 2017/2018 was probably just luck.

Last edited:
Moisey choosing Nebraska makes sense if you add the Lehigh valley connection. Former Easton star now Asst HC Bryan Snyder has been aggressive in trying to land some of our better local talent. Landed Mike Labriola last year who had a real good red shirt year. He will be a handful this year. Moisey and Labriola from same highschool.
Speaking of local talent, I'm hearing Arizona St. has rescinded offer to Chlebove as of now. If he straightens his act out at either Nazareth, Easton or Beca don't be surprised Nebraska doesn't try to enter the picture.

Moisey choosing Nebraska makes sense if you add the Lehigh valley connection. Former Easton star now Asst HC Bryan Snyder has been aggressive in trying to land some of our better local talent. Landed Mike Labriola last year who had a real good red shirt year. He will be a handful this year. Moisey and Labriola from same highschool.
Speaking of local talent, I'm hearing Arizona St. has rescinded offer to Chlebove as of now. If he straightens his act out at either Nazareth, Easton or Beca don't be surprised Nebraska doesn't try to enter the picture.
With this announcement on Flo and what you’ve noted, any idea if their lineup looks like it’s ready to secure a spot in the B1G 2nd tier?
#7 Peyton Robb has changed his commitment and will now be heading to Nebraska

With this announcement on Flo and what you’ve noted, any idea if their lineup looks like it’s ready to secure a spot in the B1G 2nd tier?
#7 Peyton Robb has changed his commitment and will now be heading to Nebraska

If PSU, Iowa and tOSU are tier 1, then I'd say Nebby is already close to securing a spot the 2nd tier. They've finished 4th, 4th, 5th at Bigs the last 3 years.

Whats the deal on Chlebove? Seems to be pretty hush, hush still... Anyone seen him at any club practices or anything? Is he even still wrestling?

I asked someone from Disrict 11 about what was going on with him or if he even had a chance to wrestle postseason this past year and they wouldn’t touch the subject at all.

If PSU, Iowa and tOSU are tier 1, then I'd say Nebby is already close to securing a spot the 2nd tier. They've finished 4th, 4th, 5th at Bigs the last 3 years.
You are so right. Stopped being lazy and checked the standings for last 5 years. Only 7 different teams placed in the top 5 @ B1G’s. Also, only the 3 teams you identified as tier 1 placed in the top 2 over that period. Minn, Neb & Mich clearly separated themselves as tier 2 by filling all the other places - other than one 5th place outlier (RU) in 2016.

Nebraska only loses McCrystal, and has a nice group returning, after finishing 9th in March. Add in a few more underclassmen, and they'll climb the ladder a bit, imo. On paper, might peak at #7 or so, way-early prediction.

Nebraska only loses McCrystal, and has a nice group returning, after finishing 9th in March. Add in a few more underclassmen, and they'll climb the ladder a bit, imo. On paper, might peak at #7 or so, way-early prediction.
A nice incoming class of Robb, Thomsen & Hardy with Labriola coming off RS certainly supports your prediction.

Whats the deal on Chlebove? Seems to be pretty hush, hush still... Anyone seen him at any club practices or anything? Is he even still wrestling?
I know quite a bit on the issues concerning Chlebove not wrestling this past year.Without going into details, it wasn't just a school issue, one of the issues involved the police be contacted. I heard because of that Northampton suspended him . Rumor was family reached out to Nazareth but Crowell did not want Julian under the pending legal trouble. I know more about his situation and the one incident which also involved another high profile District 11 wrestler.

Heard another rumor that says Chlebove to BECA this coming year, but again, that is pending his legal issues clearing up.

It seems like Nebraska is talked about every year about the great recruits they have coming in and that they will be competing for a trophy, but hasn't happen in the last 10 years I don't think. I think they hang around 10th place (plus or minus a spot or 2).

Looking at recruiting rankings, they appear to have pretty good recruiting classes and seem to pick up a fair amount of good transfers.

A nice incoming class of Robb, Thomsen & Hardy with Labriola coming off RS certainly supports your prediction.
Hardy is going on a 2 year mission then probably a redshirt year so they will not see him in the line up for a while

It seems like Nebraska is talked about every year about the great recruits they have coming in and that they will be competing for a trophy, but hasn't happen in the last 10 years I don't think. I think they hang around 10th place (plus or minus a spot or 2).

Looking at recruiting rankings, they appear to have pretty good recruiting classes and seem to pick up a fair amount of good transfers.

They and scUM have killed a lot of trees building empty trophy cases.

Zeke is a free-style guy, and I believe that's what he stresses.

Zeke was the head coach of Penn for 3 years and an assistant at three different colleges before that. You could be right about stressing freestyle and maybe he needed an adjustment period, but he has plenty of folkstyle experience.

Last edited:
ASU jumped back in with both feet and hiring Zeke raised the excitement bar and then getting the Valencia boys bumped it higher and then they took a haul out of PA and everybody was thinking ASU is going to getter done.

I believe ASU's results do match their recruiting. They lost duals to Ohio St, Michigan and Lehigh. They won the Pac12 tourney and finished 10th with 3 AAs at nationals. Hall not achieving AA in a talented heavyweight division is probably the only true miss for the Sun Devils this year. The thing is, they have recruited some solid kids, but most are border line AA talent. Not top tier talent. I think Zeke is doing a pretty solid job. Despite what Spyker may think.

ASU jumped back in with both feet and hiring Zeke raised the excitement bar and then getting the Valencia boys bumped it higher and then they took a haul out of PA and everybody was thinking ASU is going to getter done.

I believe ASU's results do match their recruiting. They lost duals to Ohio St, Michigan and Lehigh. They won the Pac12 tourney and finished 10th with 3 AAs at nationals. Hall not achieving AA in a talented heavyweight division is probably the only true miss for the Sun Devils this year. The thing is, they have recruited some solid kids, but most are border line AA talent. Not top tier talent. I think Zeke is doing a pretty solid job. Despite what Spyker may think.
In retrospect when I look back at that big class several years ago, you may be right. I may have gotten sucked in by flawed recruiting class rankings, where quantity was more important than quality. Certainly ASU needed both at the time, but they missed on more than just Hall if my memory serves. I recall them being touted as title contenders by this point in time, and that will not happen. Benick left the program, so that was a blow.

Here was the writeup on the 2015 ASU class:

https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/14444

1. Arizona State

Top 100 recruits: No. 1 Anthony Valencia (St. John Bosco, Calif.), No. 3 Zahid Valencia (St. John Bosco, Calif.), No. 5 Lance Benick (Totino-Grace, Minn.), No. 29 Josh Shields (Franklin Regional, Pa.), and No. 77 Josh Maruca (Franklin Regional, Pa.)

Additional newcomers: Chance Eskam (Carlsbad, Calif.) and Tanner Hall (Meridian, Idaho/USOTC)

Commentary: On the job for just about a year, head coach Zeke Jones has totally shifted the paradigm for Arizona State wrestling. His pedigree as a wrestler, along with tactical acumen and leadership/vision shown during his stint at USA Wrestling speaks for itself. Zeke and staff bring in a group of high end prospects, including three of the top five in the 2015 class, which should be able to thrive in relative short order. Eskam graduated in 2014, and was a two-time state placer; while Hall was an elite prospect in the 2011 class, training at the USOTC for the next year, then going on his Mormon mission to Uganda for two years, and training at the U.S. Olympic Training Center this year.

Last edited:
Is that correct, that Anthony was a higher ranked recruit than Zahid?! Wow, how things change!
Yes, though IIRC it was largely because Zahid hit a massive growth spurt and nobody really understood how to project him.

J
IMO, Anthony has been impacted by weight cut, and which has also impacted his enthusiasm for the sport at times. He could really use his brother to go 184.
Just my thought, but if bro does not want to wrestle 184 Anthony should strongly consider going 184 himself and start now.

Reactions: D3wrestler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT