ADVERTISEMENT

Yurcich became a Cancer

Concealed Carry

Nov 7, 2015
apparently creating a toxic environment among offensive coaching staff. Singleton had one eye on the transfer portal.

apparently creating a toxic environment among offensive coaching staff. Singleton had one eye on the transfer portal.
We'll see if Singleton plays better now...he can blame the coaching all he wants but he hasn't been great.
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way but you don't fire a coach to keep a player from transferring.

MY didn't make Singleton put blinders on and consistently run up the asses of his blockers. He missed a few big cutbacks against Michigan. That said, MY struck me as a stubborn arrogant type that wouldn't be fun to go to work for.

you can't change a lot in a week, but it will be interesting to see if there is any difference in playcalling this week. The new offensive staff needs to remove the restrictions, assuming there were restrictions.
It did appear as if Yurcich and frankilin weren't on the same page playcalling wise per Franklins quotes.

Time will tell

Reactions: aworsnup
Didn't know this before but, if there is truth to this post, now I'm doubly happy he was fired. :)

Any truth to the rumor that the wr room has a horrible culture including players skipping meetings? Apparently current WR coach walked into a very difficult situation and isn't to blame for CY woes.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Just sayin’…..
Those of us who have had to deal with the scourge of that terrible disease in our families know the difference between cancer and a squabble between football coaches.
I don’t want to be the verbiage police, but I really dislike that usage.
Climbing off my soapbox now.

Any truth to the rumor that the wr room has a horrible culture including players skipping meetings? Apparently current WR coach walked into a very difficult situation and isn't to blame for CY woes.
It seems like between Allar and the WR’s, one of the two sides of this equation does not know the playbook.

Just sayin’…..
Those of us who have had to deal with the scourge of that terrible disease in our families know the difference between cancer and a squabble between football coaches.
I don’t want to be the verbiage police, but I really dislike that usage.
Climbing off my soapbox now.

Speaking of disease...
As a heart attack survivor, I'm glad they changed things up because that OC was close to giving me another one.

Given how #3 seems to line up incorrectly at least once a game, my bet is on the WR's.
Not to mention the two receivers during the OSU game who, when the end around flea flicker was called inside the 20…..didn’t run a pass pattern. That gave Allar no one to throw to. This time, unlike their inability to get open, they weren’t even trying.

Anyone ever worked for a boss that didn’t let you do what you were hired to do?

Check in on HR guides on employees that end up dealing with that and the eventual reaction.

you can't change a lot in a week, but it will be interesting to see if there is any difference in playcalling this week. The new offensive staff needs to remove the restrictions, assuming there were restrictions.
It did appear as if Yurcich and frankilin weren't on the same page playcalling wise per Franklins quotes.

Time will tell
If the OP knows what he is talking about, there should be an improvement simply in terms of confidence. Seider and Howel are both positive well liked coaches.

Reactions: aworsnup and 81b&w
If you did not know that Yurcich was toxic and Single among others was unhappy then you need to practice sensory awareness and sharpen those cognitive skills.

Apparently many think Franklin let MY do what he wanted and that was the problem. We’ll see
Apparently many think whatever they want to think with no real insider information.

It is not like Yurcich was not already fired for doing what a head coach told him not to do. That is public rather than inside information but it is on the record.

Apparently many think Franklin let MY do what he wanted and that was the problem. We’ll see
I don't know, it appears from at least one of Franklin's answers at the PC, he asked MY to start Allar with some easy passes during michigan game and it didn't happen. Franklin also said something about there being more, I don't remember the exact words, cooperation or at least comraderie in the offensive room.
So maybe there was a little bit of pushback between the two.

If you did not know that Yurcich was toxic and Single among others was unhappy then you need to practice sensory awareness and sharpen those cognitive skills.
From 200 miles away, those things were not visible. Just say'in. Most do not live in the Happy Valley area code.

Knowing nothing and complete speculation....I think MY really struggled with how to use Allar. Was it Allar or MY? IDK but you can't fire Allar when the second team QB can't stay upright without even getting hit.

Face facts, CJF is here for at least another year. Offense is broken. Good choice given the realistic options and time to move on.

Suddenly, the Rutgers game is of major interest.

Seats from $9 on Seatgeek!

Reactions: dswartz
To go get MY.
After having a great offense at Ok State, he was OC at TX during the COVID year and was let go in an entire staff purge by TX at that time. TX had a decent season offensively, but the defense sucked. MY is also a PA guy. He played QB for U of CA PA and coached at Edinboro, among others.

Reactions: bison13
After having a great offense at Ok State, he was OC at TX during the COVID year and was let go in an entire staff purge by TX at that time. TX had a decent season offensively, but the defense sucked. MY is also a PA guy. He played QB for U of CA PA and coached at Edinboro, among others.
He from Cleveland area, Euclid, but yes a lot of PA and OH ties.

So the new guy will need to turn players into playmakers. Do things with a pro style QB that has lack of WR depth. Exploit teams playing run against us with???

Knowing nothing and complete speculation....I think MY really struggled with how to use Allar. Was it Allar or MY? IDK but you can't fire Allar when the second team QB can't stay upright without even getting hit.

Face facts, CJF is here for at least another year. Offense is broken. Good choice given the realistic options and time to move on.

Suddenly, the Rutgers game is of major interest.

Seats from $9 on Seatgeek!
This would be surprising since MY heavily recruited Allar and the reason he’s here. You’d think he’d have a plan for his 5* but it’s clear he failed to get the most out of him when it really counted.

This would be surprising since MY heavily recruited Allar and the reason he’s here. You’d think he’d have a plan for his 5* but it’s clear he failed to get the most out of him when it really counted.
yep. But lets face it, we've really floundered at WR. The portal was a swing and miss for two highly regarded portal WRs. And with Cephas, the problem is more communication than talent. And that often means coaching.

having said that, I recall Mike Gesicki couldn't catch a cold his soph year. The next season he had great hands and was one of the go-to guys on offense. He's had a good NFL career since. So improvements can be made.

Reactions: psualt and aworsnup
A little off topic but why was Ciarrocco let go?
What was said here is that Franklin had his eye on Yurcich for a while, he became available so Kirk was fired rather quickly so Franklin could get the guy he wanted back when Kirk was hired. No idea if that's true. I also read a post on Reddit that said Kirk was a hire forced by Barbour which Franklin didn't really agree with, so he moved on quickly. That's the first and only time I'd ever heard that, but again we'll never know if it's true.

Reactions: lazydave841
yep. But lets face it, we've really floundered at WR. The portal was a swing and miss for two highly regarded portal WRs. And with Cephas, the problem is more communication than talent. And that often means coaching.

having said that, I recall Mike Gesicki couldn't catch a cold his soph year. The next season he had great hands and was one of the go-to guys on offense. He's had a good NFL career since. So improvements can be made.
I forgot who those 2-3 missed portal targets were anymore, but how have they been doing at the schools we lost out to?

I forgot who those 2-3 missed portal targets were anymore, but how have they been doing at the schools we lost out to?
Carter is going ok at WVU, Prather is tearing it up at Maryland, and Jimmy Horn is having a good year at Colorado.

All 3 are better than Lambert Smith.

Franklin failed miserably, he has a kid who can't read the playbook and another kid who can't catch the football.

Reactions: wslee1 and aworsnup
Now its easy to blame everything on MY. That's a cop out. Again, the offensive coaching staff is not on par with the top teams. None of them would be on the top teams staff. Why are they at PSU? The WR's are not good and have regressed. The TE's cannot block. OLine is soft with little push and poor technique. QB has happy feet and poor technique. Runners are running in quicksand like in 2021.

Carter is going ok at WVU, Prather is tearing it up at Maryland, and Jimmy Horn is having a good year at Colorado.

All 3 are better than Lambert Smith.

Franklin failed miserably, he has a kid who can't read the playbook and another kid who can't catch the football.
The stats don’t support your teenaged girl hysteria. You have an agenda unsupported by facts.
KLS 52 Rec, 651 yds, 4 TDs
Carter 26 Rec, 481 yds, 2 TDs
Prather 37 Rec, 523 yds, 5 TDs
Horn 54 Rec, 536 yds, 6 TDs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT