ADVERTISEMENT

yet another ESPN commentator spews their

that's what a Wiston-Salem State education will do for yea!!***

++

This post was edited on 3/9 2:47 PM by sluggo72

why are you still listening or watching those chuckleheads?

Try Bleacher report radio or Fox sports 1 (or 2) or CBSSN. There are other options than feeding the 4 letter network.

Reactions: nittany dave
Hey, Steven A., it looks as though the Eagles are re-signing Brandon Graham.

he really is an idiot...

does he think that personnel decisions are made without considering costs? How is cooper vs. maclin an appropriate comparison?

There's that word being thrown around again on ESPN.

"Let's get beyond the system, the operative word is 'culture,'" Smith said. "The culture[/B] is what resonates with me more profoundly because I'm looking at a Chip Kelly and I'm like, really? Now, you've got to remember, where did I work for 16 years? I mean, this is Philadelphia. You understand what I'm saying? I'm always in Philly, and I'm telling you right now you've got people walking the streets and, hell with it, you've got brothers walking the streets going like 'What's up with Chip? I don't understand this. I really don't understand what you're doing.' Now I'm not saying I know, I'm just saying that it does strike me as a tad bit odd. I'm going to repeat this. Gone: DeSean Jackson. Staying: Riley Cooper. Really? Really? OK."

Stephen A. is who he is and I refuse to listen to whatever he said. Fact remains that Kelly let Jackson go for nothing and traded a guy named "Shady" for a white line backer. When more than half the players in the league are black, it would be really hard for Mr. Smith to point out color. If what he focused on was players who liked to draw attention to themselves and showboat and claim that Kelly didn't like that attitude, then he might have a point. Andy Reid may have liked that, as he surely tolerated that attitude. Kelly may not. What Stephen A. may have implied is "acting black", and that too would be a losing argument because it would be easy to point at Johnnie Football, a white guy, who acts the same way. So Stephen loses but the question is do Kelly and the Eagles lose too? That is up to the players in the League. What will they think about Mr. Chip Kelly? Eagles may have a problem, if the informal network gives any credence to the implied accusations.

If a white reporter would have said the same thing, about a black coach, he would be looking for a job

NFL and ESPiN are essentially business partners. I can't imagine the NFL is happy with with Stephen A's comments.For the life of me I can't figure out why ESPiN keeps this clown on the TV.

You are clearly stirring the pot - this is one of SAS's dumbest arguments

ever.

And that's saying something.

But I see you on a few threads (e.g. Frank Gore thread) stringing this along. Lame

He is my favorite all time DISLIKED sports media guy............a true DOUCHE BAG.........For how much hatred he has for the world and the way he talks........he should be the size of the Empire State Building.

What a jerk.

It proves one thing

Eating a lot of cheese doodles really f's you up.

The sports people who worked with him at the Inky absolutely hated him. They all said that what you see is actually what you get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT