ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Bauer suspended TWO YEARS

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
talk about Bauer Outage. He is appealing and I'll bet, will file a lawsuit.

For my part, I have no idea how any league can get away with suspending or firing a guy who has been cleared of any legal wrongdoing. Did he assault her? I have no idea but we have a couple of centuries of legal precedent that define a process so that there is a balance between the accused rights and the victim's rights. I guess MLB knows better.

giphy.gif

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I'm a Dodgers fan, but eff Trevor Bauer. By the victim's account, their encounter began as a consensual thing, but she said she did not consent to him punching her, choking her out, and then proceeding to have anal sex with her after she (quite predictably) lapsed into unconsciousness. If memory serves me correctly, the DA concluded that proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt would be difficult given the initial, consensual nature of their encounter. (Actually, I believe they reportedly had two encounters.)

MLB is not required to follow the lead of the local DA and (aside from the injuries inflicted on this woman) Trevor Bauer just gave MLB a considerable public relations black eye. Rob Manfred quite rightfully decided that Bauer would have to suffer the consequences. Reasonable people could differ regarding the length of the suspension, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Not sure he would have a legal leg to stand on if the suspension policy was ratified under the league's CBA.

Last edited:
I'm a Dodgers fan, but eff Trevor Bauer. By the victim's account, their encounter began as a consensual thing, but she said she did not consent to him punching her, choking her out, and then proceeding to have anal sex with her after she (quite predictably) lapsed into unconsciousness. If memory serves me correctly, the DA concluded that proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt would be difficult given the initial, consensual nature of their encounter. (Actually, I believe they reportedly had two encounters.)

MLB is not required to follow the lead of the local DA and (aside from the injuries inflicted on this woman) Trevor Bauer just gave MLB a considerable public relations black eye. Rob Manfred quite rightfully decided that Bauer would have to suffer the consequences. Reasonable people could differ regarding the length of the suspension, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Well he hit her in the first date (per her request) and he had text messages of her saying she enjoyed it and they set up a second date

Last edited:
Reactions: ram2020
Well he hit her in the first date and he had text messages of her saying she enjoyed it and they set up a second date
Dodger fan here also. Bauer is an idiot and a pervert, but I believe the woman is also off the charts crazy since she instigated the relationship. I agree with the "hell with Bauer", but another victim here is the Dodgers. MLB commissioner allowed him to collect his salary since late June. The Dodgers had to pay him full salary - around $32 MM, and they exceeded the salary cap and are now penalized with less draft picks. The commissioner should have suspended him a year ago but they didn't have the guts.

You must have missed the part about the judge not believing the victim’s account when he refused her request for a PFA. You also conveniently failed to mention her emails which asked for rough sex. I don’t like Bauer either but come on Bauer is supposed to also have rights.

the DA not filing on him does not make much of a difference to me. The reasonable doubt standard is damn high, and it appears that at least some of the rough sex was consensual. However, a judge not granting a restraining order is a huge red flag to her credibility. That being said, maybe the Judge is an idiot, however, you have two elected officials who are supposed to be either prosecuting cases or judging credibility and they both found the victim's credibility wanting.

Not sure he would have a legal leg to stand on if the suspension policy was ratified under the league's CBA.

Bingo. There are many things that can get you fired that are not illegal. Along the same lines of MLB suspending and forcing Marge Schott out.

MLB did its own investigation and waited for the legal system to generate its conclusion. MLB's domestic violence policy (etc) would be more comparable to a civil proceeding. In any event, rumor is that MLB found that TB has a "history" of similar encounters in his past. Without passing judgement on him and his various partners ........
I think its fair to say that he has shit for brains.......and in today's culture, I think he is unemployable in his chosen profession.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
talk about Bauer Outage. He is appealing and I'll bet, will file a lawsuit.

For my part, I have no idea how any league can get away with suspending or firing a guy who has been cleared of any legal wrongdoing. Did he assault her? I have no idea but we have a couple of centuries of legal precedent that define a process so that there is a balance between the accused rights and the victim's rights. I guess MLB knows better.

giphy.gif

Is he an alumni of Penn State?

I see links every day to far worse injustices and outrages that justify my concern.

Bauer is a scumbag not worth my time. I’ll save my outrage for worthier matters

Reactions: Obliviax
MLB did its own investigation and waited for the legal system to generate its conclusion. MLB's domestic violence policy (etc) would be more comparable to a civil proceeding. In any event, rumor is that MLB found that TB has a "history" of similar encounters in his past. Without passing judgement on him and his various partners ........
I think its fair to say that he has shit for brains.......and in today's culture, I think he is unemployable in his chosen profession.
Here's the problem, do an internet search. There are people who live this lifestyle every day. That doesn't make it right but we all know there are women who see a potential settlement. TB needed to be more selective, there's a reason why charges were dropped. This is one of the few times you can say the woman got what she deserved.

Here's the problem, do an internet search. There are people who live this lifestyle every day. That doesn't make it right but we all know there are women who see a potential settlement. TB needed to be more selective, there's a reason why charges were dropped. This is one of the few times you can say the woman got what she deserved.
I'm prepared to say that Mr. Bauer got what he deserved. He was not found guilty/ nor indicted in a criminal proceeding where the standard of guilt is "beyond a reasonable doubt." The Major League Baseball standard is not anyway related to this. The fact that a segment of the population engages in this sort of conduct has no bearing on weather an MLB organization wishes to employ said individual and pay him tens of millions of dollars.
There is IMO, no logical explanation or justification for chocking another human until they become unconscious.
I hope TB saved the millions he's made and both he and his partners get professional help.

I'm prepared to say that Mr. Bauer got what he deserved. He was not found guilty/ nor indicted in a criminal proceeding where the standard of guilt is "beyond a reasonable doubt." The Major League Baseball standard is not anyway related to this. The fact that a segment of the population engages in this sort of conduct has no bearing on weather an MLB organization wishes to employ said individual and pay him tens of millions of dollars.
There is IMO, no logical explanation or justification for chocking another human until they become unconscious.
I hope TB saved the millions he's made and both he and his partners get professional help.
He didn't deserve anything. If you're going to start policing the bedroom be very careful. If there was domestic violence he would have been charged. This is 100% the womans fault, looking for a quick payday.

well...this is what David Carradine (kung foo) died of. It is called Sexual Asphyxiation. it is, weirdly, fairly popular amount people who get large amounts of sex and get bored with the same old, same old.

well...this is what David Carradine (kung foo) died of. It is called Sexual Asphyxiation. it is, weirdly, fairly popular amount people who get large amounts of sex and get bored with the same old, same old.

I'm aware of it. If you wish to choke yourself....have at it. Now choking another person until they lose consciousness.....I suggest you get a signed and notarized agreement.

Last edited:
I'm aware of it. If you wish to choke yourself....have at it. Now chocking another person until they lose consciousness.....I suggest you get a signed and notarized agreement.
well, again, no fan of Bauer's, but he does have text messages from her after date night one's physical sex asking for more on date night 2

ADVERTISEMENT