ADVERTISEMENT

WTF 3 QB runs ?

YogiMan71

Oct 20, 2001
Colorado
Letting Rutgers get back in the game for crying out loud. Put the nail in the coffin, looks like we are trying to hang on. That won’t work.

Letting Rutgers get back in the game for crying out loud. Put the nail in the coffin, looks like we are trying to hang on. That won’t work.

Yeah 2 incredibly stupid series of play calling up 20 to 0 in the third quarter. Were gashing them with Lee most of the game so what do on first down from around our 20? Throw a WR receiver screen on first down for a 4 yard loss. Then run Lee for 6 yards on second down. Clifford then overthrows a slant which bounces off the receiver and is picked off. On the next series up 20-7, we put Levis in and have him predictably run up the middle for 9 yards and punt. Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. Pry’s defense was terrific all day; only score on an absolute prayer on 4th down. Rutgers was averaging 30 points per game and has played a number of teams tough this year. I have been a very vocal critic of Pry, but I tip my hat to him for the second week in a row.

Yeah 2 incredibly stupid series of play calling up 20 to 0 in the third quarter. Were gashing them with Lee most of the game so what do on first down from around our 20? Throw a WR receiver screen on first down for a 4 yard loss. Then run Lee for 6 yards on second down. Clifford then overthrows a slant which bounces off the receiver and is picked off. On the next series up 20-7, we put Levis in and have him predictably run up the middle for 9 yards and punt. Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. Pry’s defense was terrific all day; only score on an absolute prayer on 4th down. Rutgers was averaging 30 points per game and has played a number of teams tough this year. I have been a very vocal critic of Pry, but I tip my hat to him for the second week in a row.
I hate when we win and cover the spread. We are so stupid......

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
One guy complaining that we run the ball too much, one guy complaining we throw it when we run it too much. Perfect job here boys

QB runs are not the issue. Bringing in #7, who refusesto hand the ball off in the zone read is the issue. Even Rutgers figured this out. #7 in, just key on #7.

The wind may have had something to do with our second half Turtle Offense. Franklin didn’t want to risk turnovers when we had a lead and our defense was stopping Rutgers.. I am astonished PSU wasn’t able to get a pick today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT