ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! Sixteenth hole at Phoenix Open!

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Just turned it on as players walked through a tunnel to the green. The entire fairway.....green to hole is surrounded by grandstands that look like the Kentucky Derby. Massive crowd screaming at the players. An errant shot or one that goes long would go right into the grandstands. Takes nerves of steel for this one! Never seen anything like it in golf.

Just turned it on as players walked through a tunnel to the green. The entire fairway.....green to hole is surrounded by grandstands that look like the Kentucky Derby. Massive crowd screaming at the players. An errant shot or one that goes long would go right into the grandstands. Takes nerves of steel for this one! Never seen anything like it in golf.
It's been that way for a number of years. Some players avoid the tournament because of it while others embrace it. I haven't seen it yet this year, but many of the players run around and toss swag into the stands. You're right, there's nothing else like it in golf.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
A player made a hole-in-one on the hole today. Talk about a once in a lifetime moment!

It's been that way for a number of years. Some players avoid the tournament because of it while others embrace it. I haven't seen it yet this year, but many of the players run around and toss swag into the stands. You're right, there's nothing else like it in golf.
The upstart Saudi tour will have crowds just like that - not

Saudi money and TV revenue will draw the players.
Well, exactly - and $$$$ is the only reason you’d switch tours to play in that hellhole. I’m sure the likes of Phil and all will come up with some rationalization, but let’s be honest.

Spin, it’s been set up like that for years…..where have you been? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Next year the Super Bowl is in Phoenix on the same Sunday as the Sunday of this golf tournament. Crazy!

Nerves of steel....for a 160-yard shot onto a massive green? Oh, that's right....people are talking.

Ortiz just hit a hole in one on 16 just now! Wow, are you kidding me?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT