ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if Mustipher comes back for a 5th year given that is NFL stock took a hit

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
with the likely ACL injury? Will he come back and try and have a big year in 2022, which he was having in 2021 up until the injury, or will he just go into the draft with the likelihood that he won't even be able to participate in the combine or any individual workouts for NFL teams?

I would be he declares for the draft, see where he projects, then decides. If he projests as a late Saturday afternoon pick I say he comes back.

I would be he declares for the draft, see where he projects, then decides. If he projests as a late Saturday afternoon pick I say he comes back.
That is not how it works. This is not basketball players declaring for the NBA draft. Once you declare you are in the NFL draft. He will get a NFL draft projection and then decide on what he should do.

with the likely ACL injury? Will he come back and try and have a big year in 2022, which he was having in 2021 up until the injury, or will he just go into the draft with the likelihood that he won't even be able to participate in the combine or any individual workouts for NFL teams?
Probably best to come back if he likes college and wants to try for a pro career. Thought pre injury projections had him around 5th round.

He seems like a wonderful player and will certainly be graduated. It would be a big surprise to me if he comes back to tear another ACL. The one deciding factor may be Clifford. If Clifford comes back, that might persuade him, otherwise, I am not sure we are winning much next year regardless.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Probably best to come back if he likes college and wants to try for a pro career. Thought pre injury projections had him around 5th round.
With the season he was having I would have guessed 3rd round, or 4th. But run stopping DT's don't seem to be top attractions in the draft........

Clifford, Mustipher, and a host of others are NOT coming back. James has already said that they are not going to use/apply the NCAA's "mulligan" for the 2020 season. That means that Sean, PJ, and others are done after this season. They will not be back for a 6th (Clifford) or 5th (Mustipher) year.

Clifford, Mustipher, and a host of others are NOT coming back. James has already said that they are not going to use/apply the NCAA's "mulligan" for the 2020 season. That means that Sean, PJ, and others are done after this season. They will not be back for a 6th (Clifford) or 5th (Mustipher) year.
That could obviously change. If Clifford doesn’t come back we are likely getting a QB from the portal so why wouldn’t they take Clifford back if thats what he wanted to do.

Reactions: Texas Lion
Or he comes back and hurts the other knee.

I think he comes back. Seems to like college and big guy with a gimpy knee really drops in draft. Of course, someone will take a flyer on him because there aren't many 325 lb guys who can move with leverege.

He said something more akin to that being the default.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT