ADVERTISEMENT

will our entire class be signed in December LOI DAY???

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
if we have a full class (25 or 26 depending on situation) all verbally committed, then they can just sign LOI's on the December date. that would mean we have a full class all settled, and nobody is scrambling around with contingent recruits for February. that would seem to be an enormous benefit for the staff who could focus on bowl game(s) and 2019 recruiting.

if that happens, it would be an amazing switch, and take the whole hysteria off the February day. any reason you see this not happening?

if we have a full class (25 or 26 depending on situation) all verbally committed, then they can just sign LOI's on the December date. that would mean we have a full class all settled, and nobody is scrambling around with contingent recruits for February. that would seem to be an enormous benefit for the staff who could focus on bowl game(s) and 2019 recruiting.

if that happens, it would be an amazing switch, and take the whole hysteria off the February day. any reason you see this not happening?

No, it just shifts the hysteria to December when kids don't sign and the staff has to adjust.

Reactions: TheGLOV
No, it just shifts the hysteria to December when kids don't sign and the staff has to adjust.
I'm curious to see who pulls scholarships for kids that don't sign. Not necessarily here, but in general.

I'm curious to see who pulls scholarships for kids that don't sign. Not necessarily here, but in general.
That's why it would make more sense if the early signing period was limited to "x" number of signees. Let's say the number is 15. Schools could secure the majority of their signing class. It would also be more fair to lightly recruited kids who didn't sign since they'd be more able to see which way the winds are blowing with regard to their chosen position.

I just looked at the commitment list and saw 18 commits that I think might sign in December. I left out Gordon, Miner, Levis, Pinegar and Butts.

Reactions: TheGLOV

that will be interesting, as this is the first time we will see how committed players are to teams. i guess if all the verbals are still visiting other schools and listening to coaches, and the coaches are still recruiting even in cases where their verbals have filled the class, then that says alot about the system. the first time we see players who are verbally committed not sign with their school, the coach will have to assume they are a de-commitment.

what % of the players who verbally commit do you think sign in December? what % for JF's class?

Levis will sign
I think so too. I just had a maybe Fields moment. I left Gordon and Miner off simply because of distance and the states in which they live offer a lot of options. Pinegar because maybe some team closer to home that needs a PK will pitch him. Butts, well, you know why.

I think so too. I just had a maybe Fields moment. I left Gordon and Miner off simply because of distance and the states in which they live offer a lot of options. Pinegar because maybe some team closer to home that needs a PK will pitch him. Butts, well, you know why.

Yes I could see the reasoning for the others but my feeling is that Levis is as solid as can be

I do feel like Pinegar is 100% also

Yes I could see the reasoning for the others but my feeling is that Levis is as solid as can be

I do feel like Pinegar is 100% also
Hell, I hope they all sign in Dec., including ones that aren't committed yet. That would make for a merry pagan holiday.:)

It's gonna happen. And I think it's gonna happen nearly everywhere.
If you think about it, the period after the early signing date is going to become a second recruiting season. Coaches will sign as many as they can early with the implied threat that an offer could be pulled from any player who doesn't sign.
Then it becomes open season on all unsigned players for the next month or so. Gotta figure anyone who hasn't signed early is hesitating for some reason. The 5* and 4* kids will be under the full-court press. There could be a lot of flipping, with some programs "benefitting" at the expense of some verbal commits who had the chance to sign early but elected not to do so.
I won't be surprised to see some of the blue blood programs only accept LOIs from their top recruits in the early period so they can hold on to a few 'ship for possible flippers prior to the regular signing day.

It's gonna happen. And I think it's gonna happen nearly everywhere.
If you think about it, the period after the early signing date is going to become a second recruiting season. Coaches will sign as many as they can early with the implied threat that an offer could be pulled from any player who doesn't sign.
Then it becomes open season on all unsigned players for the next month or so. Gotta figure anyone who hasn't signed early is hesitating for some reason. The 5* and 4* kids will be under the full-court press. There could be a lot of flipping, with some programs "benefitting" at the expense of some verbal commits who had the chance to sign early but elected not to do so.
I won't be surprised to see some of the blue blood programs only accept LOIs from their top recruits in the early period so they can hold on to a few 'ship for possible flippers prior to the regular signing day.

that would be amazing if that happened......that is a player who was offered and verbally committed, and then attempted to sign LOI in December, but was rejected. that might actually generate some lawsuits if the "rejected" player winds up with no scholie anywhere. detrimental reliance argument - assuming player is of age.

if this plays out, then the Dec to Feb period would be total chaos, as you would be packing intense recruiting during a time when teams are practicing/playing for bowls, final exams and you have a few weeks of silent period. if we have something like 30% of all verbals signing LOIs, that will be total chaos. 70% decommit at the same time in a small time window.

that would be amazing if that happened......that is a player who was offered and verbally committed, and then attempted to sign LOI in December, but was rejected. that might actually generate some lawsuits if the "rejected" player winds up with no scholie anywhere. detrimental reliance argument - assuming player is of age.

if this plays out, then the Dec to Feb period would be total chaos, as you would be packing intense recruiting during a time when teams are practicing/playing for bowls, final exams and you have a few weeks of silent period. if we have something like 30% of all verbals signing LOIs, that will be total chaos. 70% decommit at the same time in a small time window.

Lawsuits? Hah! Good way to waste both time and money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT