ADVERTISEMENT

Football Will Manny Diaz succeed at Penn State?

Via @MFarrell
I like the aggressive "cause havoc" scheme. But it is high risk, high reward. The SEC is all wide open offenses with spread schemes where playing wide open D to counter makes sense. In the B1G, we'll play a lot of teams with giant OLs and interior running games in bad weather. While that is not good or bad, it is certainly different. Can Diaz adjust? He has a successful track record as DC so it is a matter of if he can adjust to B1G demands and with the talent he has (which is a lot).

I like the aggressive "cause havoc" scheme. But it is high risk, high reward. The SEC is all wide open offenses with spread schemes where playing wide open D to counter makes sense. In the B1G, we'll play a lot of teams with giant OLs and interior running games in bad weather. While that is not good or bad, it is certainly different. Can Diaz adjust? He has a successful track record as DC so it is a matter of if he can adjust to B1G demands and with the talent he has (which is a lot).

Diaz is coming from the ACC not SEC

Diaz is coming from the ACC not SEC
Fair enough. I said SEC but should have something like "having had defensive and/or head coaching experience in predominantly warm-weather, away-game leagues with few exceptions not limited to teams that play in cold weather but in domes." Or something like that.

Was just looking at the scores of games under Diaz while he was DC at Texas and UM.

Is it just me or did his defenses give up A LOT of points during those years?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT