Will Clifford play against Ohio State?

Will Clifford play against Ohio State?

• Yes

Votes: 156 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 57 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMHO I think SC could have returned against Iowa, but they honestly felt the defense was strong enough to win it for them. Because Clifford didn't come out in the 2nd half fully dressed they couldn't send him back out.

Gamesmanship for OSU. Forces OSU to gameplan for a Penn State team with a Clifford led offense and a Penn State team without an offense.
They would not have to prepare for the latter. In fact, they could rest their starters beginning some time in the 2nd quarter.

I'm thinking they might stay away from a local after this last year.

I’m a Charger fan. Totally forgot about that last year. Bizarre to say the least. If it’s a floating rib it’s highly unlikely that would happen.

That we will, however what I saw at Iowa, what he looked like exiting the stadium before the half and during the second half says significant shoulder injury. I don't think we'll see him until Michigan or Rutgers at the earliest but maybe the bowl game is more likely.

Ummm, no. Everyone but you saw him with no sling and using both his arms freely.

They would not have to prepare for the latter. In fact, they could rest their starters beginning some time in the 2nd quarter.
not sure when SC comes back, but certainly if he was medically out for the year, it would have already been announced. Without SC, there would not be much need for anyone to overly prepare for this offense. Illinois, OSU, et.al. don't need any prep for the offense we saw in second half at Iowa. I doubt if we could get even to 20 pts per game with that offense against any opponent.

Jeez....another thread where I just wasted 5-10 minutes of my life...to all you doctors and prognosticators...thanks for zero.

Reactions: chuckrup
With recent videos and practice updates, this should be trending up. Maybe I should change the poll to will he play vs Illinois?

Reactions: Texas Lion
I hope they do not let him.play vs Illimois. He needs to be as close to 100% as possible for OSU
Part of being 100% ready for OSU is to get live game reps in the Illinois game if he is medically cleared to play. If he doesn't play against Illinois, that would be 3 weeks since live game reps. Do we really want a "rusty" SC going into the shoe where every possession will likely be critical?

Part of being 100% ready for OSU is to get live game reps in the Illinois game if he is medically cleared to play. If he doesn't play against Illinois, that would be 3 weeks since live game reps. Do we really want a "rusty" SC going into the shoe where every possession will likely be critical?

Agree with that 100% - if Cliff is cleared to play, he plays (along with not wanting Cliff to go into duhO$U without taking a snap, you don't want to take the chance that Illnois ruins your season before the duhO$U game is even here - Franklin understands this, this is what his 1-0 mantra is all about.... you have to focus on making sure you beat Illinois before you worry about duhO$U. ).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT