ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

How some others might handle it:
Ditto+Lights+p1.jpg

Sugar says Cute (averaging 2:18 a match). By the way, where would I look to see his TD count?

You pretty much have to compile them yourself.
GoPSUSports puts together some nice breakouts (per-period, if you can believe that), but they:
1. Are for Dual Meets Only (so you have add in your own tourney research from other outlets) and;
2. They're bundled into Match Notes pdfs that only come out a few days ahead of the next Dual.

For example, the most recent Match Notes bundled both Bucknell & Lehigh together and, as such, only included season takedown data from a single event: the Kent State Dual. They're on page 9 here, heading = Dual Takedowns: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gopsusports.com/documents/2018/11/28/WRNotes18_19BUCKLEH.pdf

Presumably, when the ASU Match Notes come out, that chart will then include the Bucknell & Lehigh bloodbaths.

I'm game for helping contribute to a season-running Gsheet that includes takedown data from Keystone & Scuffle & B1Gs & Nationals, if you wanna start one up & share contribution rights to me.

Reactions: CholleyVandine
I'm game for helping contribute to a season-running Gsheet that includes takedown data from Keystone & Scuffle & B1Gs & Nationals, if you wanna start one up & share contribution rights to me.

Sounds exactly like the time-sucking commitment I’m always “no” averse to, JP!

Fun Nerf Fact: I tried to start a spreadsheet club at work.

Be on the lookout.

Sugar says Cute (averaging 2:18 a match). By the way, where would I look to see his TD count?

Shak has 907 match seconds and 11 takedowns. 1 TD every 82.45 seconds. His numbers arent going to be as good as Martin because he spends more time on top. Now, if you looked at the number of neutral wrestling seconds per takedown, it might be close. I have that data for Martin, but not Rasheed. Actually, I'm quite confident Rasheed would have better numbers, but Martin has wrestled much better competition.

Edit: Ok, you've convinced me.

Martin- 1 takedown per 35.78 seconds wrestled in neutral
Rasheed- 1 takedown per 30.0 seconds wrestled in neutral

Last edited:
You pretty much have to compile them yourself.
GoPSUSports puts together some nice breakouts (per-period, if you can believe that), but they:
1. Are for Dual Meets Only (so you have add in your own tourney research from other outlets) and;
2. They're bundled into Match Notes pdfs that only come out a few days ahead of the next Dual.

For example, the most recent Match Notes bundled both Bucknell & Lehigh together and, as such, only included season takedown data from a single event: the Kent State Dual. They're on page 9 here, heading = Dual Takedowns: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gopsusports.com/documents/2018/11/28/WRNotes18_19BUCKLEH.pdf

Presumably, when the ASU Match Notes come out, that chart will then include the Bucknell & Lehigh bloodbaths.

^^ This. I've been interested myself, in some of the takedown data for tournaments. JB sometimes offers totals during/after broadcasts, though I've never seen wrestler breakdowns...so total takedowns for a season, by wrestler, isn't available. Pretty sure the SID has the info, just not published.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT