ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Raced against him in grad school. He was quite fast back then…

I can’t even imagine how much of a monster he is now, with two Giros, four Tours and six Vueltas in his legs.
I was so jaded by it all and stop following cycling until I heard of this American kid that dominated the Tour of Utah get called up to ride the Vuelta. I tuned in, saw him leading the peloton through the mountains at it and have been watching his career ever since.

Raced against him in grad school. He was quite fast back then…

I can’t even imagine how much of a monster he is now, with two Giros, four Tours and six Vueltas in his legs.
Sepp is definitely a fan favorite. Love his attitude and watching him win this Grand Tour. Primoz is a selfish primadonna. Edit - at least Primoz did what he was supposed to and be a good teammate to Sepp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Watts
I went over to GIA for the first time in awhile. Still find some gold without having to pan for too long:

pablow

HR Legend​

Gold Member
Spencer has repeatedly said that Terry was one of the primary motivators for him to come to Iowa. What if he follows Terry?
Just my opinion, but given that Spencer's whole family moved to Iowa and put down roots, I think he staying and will become Iowa's next head coach. His knowledge of wrestling in general, particularly mat wrestling and par terre, is world class and unique in this country. Nobody is going to let him get away.

I think, much like Gable, he will be a better coach than wrestler. And, that's saying something.

The radio silence on the topic leads me to believe things are happening.”

———-

wEvE nEvEr SeEn AnYoNe LiKe SpEnCeR!!

You just have to ignore that we currently have 7,5 and 4 time world champs wrestling but, yeah, his knowledge of freestyle wrestling is unique

Awesome!

PENN STATE WRESTLING

‘LET’S GO!’: PENN STATE WRESTLING GREAT ROMAN BRAVO-YOUNG TO MAKE MMA DEBUT​

548691c47058de9213e0a40b5ec8f2cb

By
Joe Smeltzer
Published
May 25, 2023

Penn State Wrestling

Photo by NCAA: Roman Bravo-Youn

I went over to GIA for the first time in awhile. Still find some gold without having to pan for too long:

pablow

HR Legend​

Gold Member

Just my opinion, but given that Spencer's whole family moved to Iowa and put down roots, I think he staying and will become Iowa's next head coach. His knowledge of wrestling in general, particularly mat wrestling and par terre, is world class and unique in this country. Nobody is going to let him get away.

I think, much like Gable, he will be a better coach than wrestler. And, that's saying something.

———-

You just have to ignore that we currently have 7,5 and 4 time world champs wrestling but, yeah, his knowledge of freestyle wrestling is unique
IMO the funniest part is the concern that Terry is going anywhere (other than HWC).

No doubt he's a very good technique coach, but that's hardly a rarity. There have been several recent high profile openings, did he even interview for any?

So where is this swelling demand for Terry Brands to be a head coach anywhere, let alone at schools he would consider?

Awesome!

PENN STATE WRESTLING

‘LET’S GO!’: PENN STATE WRESTLING GREAT ROMAN BRAVO-YOUNG TO MAKE MMA DEBUT​

548691c47058de9213e0a40b5ec8f2cb

By
Joe Smeltzer
Published
May 25, 2023

Penn State Wrestling

Photo by NCAA: Roman Bravo-Youn

The legend of RBY: How Roman Bravo-Young went from streets of South Tucson to famed wrestler​

NCAA Championships Wrestling

Penn State’s Roman Bravo-Young celebrates after defeating Oklahoma State’s Daton Fix during their 133-pound match in the finals of the NCAA wrestling championships on Saturday, March 20, 2021, in St. Louis.
Jeff Roberson, Associated Press

• Haha
Reactions: backdrft76
Good finish today with the three:

Fantastic to see an American win a grand tour again! Sepp is only the 2nd U.S. cyclist to win the Vuelta in history after Chris Horner 1st did it 10 years ago. And it's beyond cool to see a super domestique get the green light to race for the GC. That never happens. Jumbo-Visma's team dominance this year is mind boggling.

pablow

HR Legend​

Gold Member

———-

This one cracked me up from pablow..

"Must mean Spencer's in. Will be huge for recruiting!"

Let's all just ignore having Spencer in the room did absolutely nothing in keeping that pipeline flowing from PA and Young Guns after his arrival. It actually dried up. Let's also just forget that with Spencer there, Iowa fans looked like idiots for telling us how they are closing the gap with PSU in regards to the recruiting wars.

Been saying it for over 5 years now, Spencer isn't as well liked as they think he is..

This one cracked me up from pablow..

"Must mean Spencer's in. Will be huge for recruiting!"

Let's all just ignore having Spencer in the room did absolutely nothing in keeping that pipeline flowing from PA and Young Guns after his arrival. It actually dried up. Let's also just forget that with Spencer there, Iowa fans looked like idiots for telling us how they are closing the gap with PSU in regards to the recruiting wars.

Been saying it for over 5 years now, Spencer isn't as well liked as they think he is..
“You wanted this!” Yeah, love when my teammate face mushes me

Fantastic to see an American win a grand tour again! Sepp is only the 2nd U.S. cyclist to win the Vuelta in history after Chris Horner 1st did it 10 years ago. And it's beyond cool to see a super domestique get the green light to race for the GC. That never happens. Jumbo-Visma's team dominance this year is mind boggling.

I just realized that I’ve been in bicycle races with both Kuss and Horner.

Was in a break for a bit with Horner when he was on Astana. Back in 2009, maybe? He played nice for a while and then put us all to the sword in a crosswind section. It’s always demoralizing to see a person made out of gristle and bone put out such a massive amount of power. I don’t think many people realize how light AND strong these guys are.

Retherford, Taylor win world titles​

• The Daily Item
  • 17 hrs ago

333572611_103740082632934_7735021304094858173_n.jpg

Zain Retherford Facebook Page

The Daily Item
BELGRADE, Serbia — Zain Retherford won his first senior wrestling title on Sunday, beating Iran’s Amirmohammad Yazdanicherati of Iran, 8-5, at the World Championships in Belgrade, Serbia. Olympic champion David Taylor won his third world title and second in a row at 86 kg.

Retherford, Taylor win world titles​

• The Daily Item
  • 17 hrs ago

333572611_103740082632934_7735021304094858173_n.jpg

Zain Retherford Facebook Page

The Daily Item
BELGRADE, Serbia — Zain Retherford won his first senior wrestling title on Sunday, beating Iran’s Amirmohammad Yazdanicherati of Iran, 8-5, at the World Championships in Belgrade, Serbia. Olympic champion David Taylor won his third world title and second in a row at 86 kg.
Hey, it's a relevant article that isn't 5 years old!

As I am a fan of looking for subtle clues in an image or video, I can't help but notice that SVN is no longer wearing a knee pad on one leg and is wearing a much less restrictive sleeve, rather than a brace, on the other.

I just realized that I’ve been in bicycle races with both Kuss and Horner.

Was in a break for a bit with Horner when he was on Astana. Back in 2009, maybe? He played nice for a while and then put us all to the sword in a crosswind section. It’s always demoralizing to see a person made out of gristle and bone put out such a massive amount of power. I don’t think many people realize how light AND strong these guys are.
I think TJV should reach out to the NLWC coaching staff for tips about how to handle the situation of having several of the best in the world competing for the same spots on the same team.

Has anyone been able to make any sense of Jerots posts? It's almost like he may have had a stroke.
I did yeah. I was able to determine that his computer is emitting tachyons and they are sending his posts into the future. I'm really interested to see when his Zain world champ posts will pop up, now that I am monitoring it.

Reactions: LOTOlion
Has anyone been able to make any sense of Jerots posts? It's almost like he may have had a stroke.
He is a troll. When he first showed up on these boards he was showing up every day under a different username and making posts with misleading headlines with links to garbage articles trying to drum up clicks for whatever web site(s) he was pushing. Everyone should have him/her/it/ze on ignore.

He is a troll. When he first showed up on these boards he was showing up every day under a different username and making posts with misleading headlines with links to garbage articles trying to drum up clicks for whatever web site(s) he was pushing. Everyone should have him/her/it/ze on ignore.
Actually he posts a lot of articles on the football board from the Sandusky trial in response to a ‘Nole troll.

Reactions: creamery freak
As pennstate/nlwc fans I’m worried we won’t have time to recover since the college season is approaching quickly.
some other fan bases are going to be better prepared for the college season since they’ve had a few months off.
I hope my liver will hold up.
I tweaked a tendon in my hand furiously typing. I may be on limited reps until we get into the conference duals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT