ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Dake walking into the NLWC like he owns the f*%^&*g the place...

Here is a preview of the end of the live wrestling period at his first practice.
Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Just saw a post on HR that is peak Ironbutt:

Obviously any 4x'er is a bad ass! Hell, any guy who even wins one is a bad as in my book, and there are 1000's who never won a NCAA title who are also pretty bad ass dudes themselves!

All that being said, Spencer Lee goes WAY beyond! We have watched greatness that is very rare to see, and he has done just about all of it at less then 100%. No one making any excuse because we know they are for wussies!

Just the facts, he has pretty much destroyed the very best without being able to train at full speed, He won a NCAA title with TWO torn ACLs. Lee is doing things that do not seem possible! I do not know if I would pick ANYONE to do what he has done already.

You can name all the best Wrestlers you can think of. Do you believe any could have won a NCAA title with two bad knees? I for one would not pick any to accomplish this! Maybe someone like Dan Hodge could have done it or other great Wrestlers from a little ways back, but in the modern era where the training and techniques are where they are!?!?!?!

We are most likely looking at the greatest Wrestler of our lifetime, and if someone comes along better then him. I sure hope he is a HAWK also!!!

————————-
Now, be honest, if there was womb implantation surgery, Ironbird would be the first one to sign up and then receive Lord Spencer’s holy seed

Obviously any 4x'er is a bad ass! Hell, any guy who even wins one is a bad as in my book, and there are 1000's who never won a NCAA title who are also pretty bad ass dudes themselves!

All that being said, Spencer Lee goes WAY beyond! We have watched greatness that is very rare to see, and he has done just about all of it at less then 100%. No one making any excuse because we know they are for wussies!

Just the facts, he has pretty much destroyed the very best without being able to train at full speed, He won a NCAA title with TWO torn ACLs. Lee is doing things that do not seem possible! I do not know if I would pick ANYONE to do what he has done already.

You can name all the best Wrestlers you can think of. Do you believe any could have won a NCAA title with two bad knees? I for one would not pick any to accomplish this! Maybe someone like Dan Hodge could have done it or other great Wrestlers from a little ways back, but in the modern era where the training and techniques are where they are!?!?!?!

We are most likely looking at the greatest Wrestler of our lifetime, and if someone comes along better then him. I sure hope he is a HAWK also!!!

————————-
Now, be honest, if there was womb implantation surgery, Ironbird would be the first one to sign up and then receive Lord Spencer’s holy seed
First in line, in the Sammy getting spadled position. Future poster-Ironturkeybasterhawk

————————-
Excuses are for wusses. Qualification and extrapolation are as good as results for the Bird.

Reactions: danoftw

————————-
We could have fun with this.

For example: could Spencer have beaten a returning NCAA champ/JR World champ with his dominant hand broken?

————————-

And the 4x’er who went thru college without a loss is the rarest of badasses!

He will say stalling was the reason. Any time any Hawkeye loses is because of stalling, stalling and stalling. Maybe with a little poor reffing thrown in.
Yep. Even when a Hawk doesn't score any offensive points the other guy is stttttaaaaallllliiiiinnnnnn!

Reactions: danoftw
Yep. Even when a Hawk doesn't score any offensive points the other guy is stttttaaaaallllliiiiinnnnnn!
I always got a chuckle out of them when one their hs recruit would lose at one of the big tourneys or at an all star match. It was either because their guy looked so much smaller than his opponent or their guys season had ended weeks earlier than their opponent and wasn't in wrestling shape. Don't pay as much attention over there anymore so don't know if they still do that. Lol

————————-
Now, be honest, if there was womb implantation surgery, Ironbird would be the first one to sign up and then receive Lord Spencer’s holy
For pure longevity, Spencer Lee is climbing quite high on the Nicky Nails career drama scale. Given that he represents the high water mark of Iowa wrestling over the past 11-12 years it is of little wonder that Iowa fans want to aggrandize his exploits every time an opportunity presents itself. The guy is a great wrestler and a legend, but, I’ll be pleased when he moves along to coaching.

For pure longevity, Spencer Lee is climbing quite high on the Nicky Nails career drama scale. Given that he represents the high water mark of Iowa wrestling over the past 11-12 years it is of little wonder that Iowa fans want to aggrandize his exploits every time an opportunity presents itself. The guy is a great wrestler and a legend, but, I’ll be pleased when he moves along to coaching.
Could you imagine the meltdown on HR if Spencer left to train at the NLWC after this season.

Pleased when he moves along to coaching? I can see it now on HR - Spencer's team only lost the dual to PSU in 2029 because of an ACL, in 2030 because he had mono, in 2031 he had an ingrown nail, in 2032 because of a UTI, etc.

J'den says he is going up to 97 kg. Who do you think will become the top dog at 92 kg. for the U.S. and how do you see the matchup between Kyle and J'den once J'den gains some size?

J'den says he is going up to 97 kg. Who do you think will become the top dog at 92 kg. for the U.S. and how do you see the matchup between Kyle and J'den once J'den gains some size?

He needs to be more concerned about making it to weigh in on time. I still find that hard to believe. But I'll cut him some slack because he's a class act on and off the mat and a great representative for our Team USA.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum

I see it with the same outcome as their exhibition match several months ago.

Nice interview with Amit Elor. She goes into her background in judo and jiu jitsu, some of the struggles she had finding workout partners as a young girl, some negativity she received from some youth coaches, her meeting Valentin Kalika and how he became her coach, and how her close loss in the semifinals of the 2019 Cadet World Championships has driven her. That loss when she was 15 is her only international loss. She said she has not decided whether she wants to go 68 kg or 76 kg as the Olympics approach. At 72 kg she doesn't really have to cut weight. She will listen to her body and make that decision, but she doesn't want to wait too long to make her decision. She seems like a very level-headed young lady, but it is nice to see the young girl side of her shine through in the interview also. She said that heading into the World Championships she wasn't sure if she was good enough to win it all. Now that she has her first World Championships gold out of the way I don't think she will have any self doubt moving forward, which is bad news for her opponents. You can tell how much she loves wrestling. I foresee a long and very successful wrestling career for her.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT