ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Chance is on one. Very strong defense. Not letting anyone do anything. It's the type of freestyle that's tough to watch, but it works very well.

Also, the headgear pull was only worth 1 point, so without it he still didn't beat Mark. And even if he did, there's no guarantee he beats Jordan in the finals.

Talk like that makes guys hard to root for. Not that there's any point in rooting for him, with David Taylor at his weight.

Hopefully, Taylor smacks his butt again after each win at Final X.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Also, the headgear pull was only worth 1 point, so without it he still didn't beat Mark. And even if he did, there's no guarantee he beats Jordan in the finals.

Talk like that makes guys hard to root for. Not that there's any point in rooting for him, with David Taylor at his weight.
covid year thing is BS, but you're wrong on the head gear pull thing. it wasn't just 1 point. it was a 3 point swing, going from a winning takedown in the third to being down 1. then got taken down going big. but he did pull the headgear so I don't feel bad for him. just hate to see a match decided like that.

agree on the talk thing, but there's nobody talking on social media more like a dick than Starocci right now. that chance tweet sucks. his callout of the 170 UFC division was silly. it's so corny. coming from someone who's been open about liking him.

covid year thing is BS, but you're wrong on the head gear pull thing. it wasn't just 1 point. it was a 3 point swing, going from a winning takedown in the third to being down 1. then got taken down going big. but he did pull the headgear so I don't feel bad for him. just hate to see a match decided like that.

agree on the talk thing, but there's nobody talking on social media more like a dick than Starocci right now. that chance tweet sucks. his callout of the 170 UFC division was silly. it's so corny. coming from someone who's been open about liking him.
Guess you can argue whether headgear pull was decisive in getting the TD …

Last edited:
Reactions: NittanyLion84
Guess you can argue whether headgear pulled was decisive in getting the TD …
definitely, but mark didn't do anything to earn that one point either. that's probably why zahid feels he lost that match more than mark won it.

definitely, but mark didn't do anything to earn that one point either. that's probably why zahid feels he lost that match more than mark won it.
It’s not like that is his only loss to Mark. He can whine all he wants, but he definitely pulled the headgear. He had a history of that, which is why the PSU coaches were looking for it. He can’t claim COVID stopped him from being a four-timer. That is a PD3 worthy statement. It took away his opportunity to earn another championship, same as it did for Mark and Cenzo.

It’s not like that is his only loss to Mark. He can whine all he wants, but he definitely pulled the headgear. He had a history of that, which is why the PSU coaches were looking for it. He can’t claim COVID stopped him from being a four-timer. That is a PD3 worthy statement. It took away his opportunity to earn another championship, same as it did for Mark and Cenzo.

Let's not beat around the bush here. Zahid Valencia was suspended by ASU for testing positive for cocaine use. He wasn't going to be at the 2020 NCAA championship even if COVID never happened.

Let's not beat around the bush here. Zahid Valencia was suspended by ASU for testing positive for cocaine use. He wasn't going to be at the 2020 NCAA championship even if COVID never happened.
giphy.gif

Some of those tweets are a little cringy for me, and there is no bigger Starocci fan here than me. That said, some of Cassius Clay's early statements made people cringe. But once the final chapter was written he was The Greatest.
An Olympic Gold Medal would soften a lot of the edges off his tweets.

Reactions: js8793
Some of those tweets are a little cringy for me, and there is no bigger Starocci fan here than me. That said, some of Cassius Clay's early statements made people cringe. But once the final chapter was written he was The Greatest.
An Olympic Gold Medal would soften a lot of the edges off his tweets.
if carter would trash talk in rhymes, i would be more supportive haha

agree with all of this. i just understand why he feels he was the best 174 his freshman year. there's no justification for blaming covid lol. everybody knows he got suspended and was done.

Carter's tweet about Marsteller was not his best moment.

What I meant was that Valencia attempted to re-write history with himself as the victim. I expect that garbage from the likes of Richie Lewis.

That would be like being pissed because you got caught locking hands while riding or turning a guy with a full nelson. Valencia couldn't move Mark out of his neutral position without the headgear grab.

In reality the NCAA match between the two that was controversial is the third one. Without ever disengaging his leg from Mark's control Valencia was gifted the winning takedown.

Reactions: Fatmarc
That would be like being pissed because you got caught locking hands while riding or turning a guy with a full nelson. Valencia couldn't move Mark out of his neutral position without the headgear grab.

In reality the NCAA match between the two that was controversial is the third one. Without ever disengaging his leg from Mark's control Valencia was gifted the winning takedown.
that's a tough position that our sport has struggled to officiate consistently. would like to see them address it explicitly in a rules update. i think just about every fan has been on both sides of it. wrong end with hall. right end with dean this year. it's the lack of consistency that's so frustrating.

Reactions: dunkej01
if carter would trash talk in rhymes, i would be more supportive haha
Joe Frazier had the best retort to trash talk. Before their first fight Ali kept demanding that Frazier bow down to him since Ali was God.

In the early rounds as Joe was punishing Ali with body shots that would pay dividends later, Frazier said to Ali: “God, you’re in the wrong place tonight”

Joe Frazier had the best retort to trash talk. Before their first fight Ali kept demanding that Frazier bow down to him since Ali was God.

In the early rounds as Joe was punishing Ali with body shots that would pay dividends later, Frazier said to Ali: “God, you’re in the wrong place tonight”
I had the pleasure of meeting Joe Frazier twice, 20 or so years ago. (One of my co-workers knew him somehow.) Such a nice guy, and carried himself with grace and dignity -- let alone for someone in that brutal environment. RIP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT