ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

tenor.gif

> Cassar: “3 Italians and @JustinJBasch
how could it not be a good time??”

I’m waiting for the we-are-just-people posters to say ancestral national origin doesn’t matter, we are just people, period. Because that’s what those posters do, on a colorblind basis, right?
I don't see any "we-are-just-people" posters. Every post from each person looks the same to me. I'm posterblind.

> Cassar: “3 Italians and @JustinJBasch
how could it not be a good time??”

I’m waiting for the we-are-just-people posters to say ancestral national origin doesn’t matter, we are just people, period. Because that’s what those posters do, on a colorblind basis, right?

unironically, ferrari describes that it's ok for him to be proud of his italian heritage but not ok for the black wrestling association to be proud of their race. it got kinda awkward during that part of the conversation.

Tomasello leaving his coaching job at Duke to resume training at Oklahoma.

Guess we won't be seeing Suriano in Norman anytime soon.

I enjoyed listening to Gilman's perspective and experience, but man Bader is hard to listen to. I don't mind Bader when he's doing PBP of a match, but effective interviewing is not an arrow in his quiver.

That’s weird, someone literally said the exact opposite on here recently.

I haven’t watched enough of him in either format.

Reactions: Dogwelder
That’s weird, someone literally said the exact opposite on here recently.

I haven’t watched enough of him in either format.
you are right and that made we wonder. I like his 'access' but his questions are not that 'smooth'. He will ask the tough question though. Just think he could 'relate' more since he was a div 1 wrestler as well.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
I enjoyed listening to Gilman's perspective and experience, but man Bader is hard to listen to. I don't mind Bader when he's doing PBP of a match, but effective interviewing is not an arrow in his quiver.
I think the opposite. I think Bader is unusually good at interviewing in three ways.

First, he listens to answers and follows up. Whenever Gilman says something mysterious, Bader asks a follow up question. An example: Gilman in comparing Tom Brands and Cael said something like “and they’re both winners. (Cael a little more so.)”. Bader asked in what way a little more so. That example is somewhat frivolous, but other examples abound. No other wrestling interviewer listens as well or follows up as well.

Second, as another poster said, Bader “gets out of the way”. He actually shows little personality while interviewing, which I appreciate. He’s not trying to show off with dumb jokes or feigned or unnecessary surprise or “smart” questions that take forever to formulate and express. He just asks quick and substantive questions that elicit great answers. I hate to do it, but the contrast to this is Justin Basch, whom I appreciate and listen to, but who asks long-assed fluffy non-open-ended questions and who does not get his non-wrestler giggly ass “out of the way”. FRL guys are also a contrast to Bader as interviewer, in this dimension.

Edit: The Truewrestling (TW) guy is also an interesting contrast to Bader in the “get out of the way” sense. The TW guy asks great questions, and yet they’re so non-open-ended that when you’ve heard three of his interviews, you realize that every interview sounds the same, and you can’t distinguish one wrestler from another. He asked great questions, but he did not elicit great answers.

Third, I forget what third was for.

Last edited:
I think the opposite. I think Bader is unusually good at interviewing in three ways.

First, he listens to answers and follows up. Whenever Gilman says something mysterious, Bader asks a follow up question. An example: Gilman in comparing Tom Brands and Cael said something like “and they’re both winners. (Cael a little more so.)”. Bader asked in what way a little more so. That example is somewhat frivolous, but other examples abound. No other wrestling interviewer listens as well or follows up as well.

Second, as another poster said, Bader “gets out of the way”. He actually shows little personality while interviewing, which I appreciate. He’s not trying to show off with dumb jokes or feigned or unnecessary surprise or “smart” questions that take forever to formulate and express. He just asks quick and substantive questions that elicit great answers. I hate to do it, but the contrast to this is Justin Basch, whom I appreciate and listen to, but who asks long-assed fluffy non-open-ended questions and who does not get his non-wrestler giggly ass “out of the way”. FRL guys are also a contrast to Bader as interviewer, in this dimension.

Edit: The Truewrestling (TW) guy is also an interesting contrast to Bader in the “get out of the way” sense. The TW guy asks great questions, and yet they’re so non-open-ended that when you’ve heard three of his interviews, you realize that every interview sounds the same, and you can’t distinguish one wrestler from another. He asked great questions, but he did not elicit great answers.

agree with that... he simply could be a little smoother..

agree with that... he simply could be a little smoother..
Valid and interesting viewpoints for sure. Maybe it's the lack of polish and structure that grates on me. I get the impression that he's winging it every interview. Or that he's just a dude in the office that they threw in the interview room because he's chatty and everyone else was busy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT