ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Stevo Poulin just lost to an 8th grader (13 years old)

True, and Poulin should never lose this match.

But this is no ordinary incoming 8th grader. PJ Duke is definitely a name to watch. 45-0 and stampeded thru NY States last year (NY allows 7th graders to compete). He pinned Vince Bouzakis to win the Eastern States Classic. And his sister wrestles for Wyoming Seminary.

Typical Flo. Too cheap to pay extra for the flaming turd.

Ej-pQdSXgAAevZj

This is worth a read -- well, at least within the context of mailing poop:

BTW, Mineo screwed up by posting that. He should've discarded it and not given the Flo guys the laughs.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

But this is no ordinary incoming 8th grader. PJ Duke is definitely a name to watch. 45-0 and stampeded thru NY States last year (NY allows 7th graders to compete). He pinned Vince Bouzakis to win the Eastern States Classic. And his sister wrestles for Wyoming Seminary.

I know he's been one of the biggest names in a long time to come around, but have there been hints of who he likes for college or is he going to be an only do freestyle type of kid.

Seen a lot of pictures of PSU/NLWC guys hitting the bike lately. I wonder if they are regularly using that for conditioning instead of running to reduce wear and tear on the body.

Last year, I believe he beat 2019 Beast of East Champ Brandon Cannon while bumping up to 106 (PJ Duke wrestled 99 lbs last year). Really impressive results.

I know he's been one of the biggest names in a long time to come around, but have there been hints of who he likes for college or is he going to be an only do freestyle type of kid.

College is 5 years away, but he has worn Cornell apparel in a video or two. PJ and Abby Duke are coached by Pete Duke, John Degl (Iowa Style Wrestling) and John Marsh (Total Form Fitness).

Yeah, quite a while, but these guys have it on their minds early. Good to know, thanks!

Thanks for posting this great match, Tom. Mark had such an innate wrestling ability. For those who don't know, Mark started out as a gymnast before turning to wrestling his junior year in high school. He spent his junior year in high school in Ashland, Oregon, which is where I went to college (Southern Oregon State College, now Southern Oregon University). I wrestled my junior year there, and sometimes Dave and Mark would drop by to practice. This was in 1985, after they had both won Olympic gold in 1984. An interesting bit of trivia, Mark wrestled at UCLA his freshman year before transferring to the University of Oklahoma. Also, Mark won the California state championship, which only has one division, his senior year after just two years competing in wrestling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT