ADVERTISEMENT

Why Pay All the Money to Go to a Bowl Game?

IndianaNittanyLion

Dec 8, 2015
With all of the top players who opt out these days, I will never go to a bowl - a total waste of time and money. Why pay to see this? I am tired to hear about the "family" atmosphere at PSU. When do you quit on the "family?" I will never quit on my family. In the past NOBODY opted out of the bowl games. Now, it is all about the "Me" culture.

With all of the top players who opt out these days, I will never go to a bowl - a total waste of time and money. Why pay to see this? I am tired to hear about the "family" atmosphere at PSU. When do you quit on the "family?" I will never quit on my family. In the past NOBODY opted out of the bowl games. Now, it is all about the "Me" culture.
The next time PSU Wrestling goes to a bowl game, I'll keep this thread in mind.

I know you are bored, but, the mention of football on this board sullies an otherwise heavenly environment. Let us now continue with our collective view of how Iowa maximizes the values exposed by the parents of Iowa wrestlers.

Well this will only get worse in everything until we stop excepting this woke society crap
Seriously lol. Woke society. Who the **** even knows what that means. I know the people spewing it don't have a clue. It's a me society and I don't want to get hurt so I can get drafted higher. Maybe look at how to change that

All matter of opinion I guess. I read the peach bowl sold out.

and how about the last minute bait and switch RE opt outs? Was that intentional on anyone’s part? If I paid thousands of dollars to travel I would be pissed.

Only the NC bowls will now be well attended. Penn staters travel well , but it only takes one experience like that and that’s over.

I predict we are going to see mid to late third years opt outs starting to happen. Why risk injury?

and how about the last minute bait and switch RE opt outs? Was that intentional on anyone’s part? If I paid thousands of dollars to travel I would be pissed.

Only the NC bowls will now be well attended. Penn staters travel well , but it only takes one experience like that and that’s over.

I predict we are going to see mid to late third years opt outs starting to happen. Why risk injury?
That’s my frustration- if kids want to opt out, let them. But give fans their real status before they decide to spend thousands on traveling to a bowl.

Reactions: winner01 and Ski
This is the 8th year of opt-outs. Long past time for people to recognize the risk.

Treat bowl games as vacations and social gatherings for PSU fans, and assign less value to the game itself. If that's not acceptable, don't go.

This is the 8th year of opt-outs. Long past time for people to recognize the risk.

Treat bowl games as vacations and social gatherings for PSU fans, and assign less value to the game itself. If that's not acceptable, don't go.
This is the first year (that I remember) that kid stated they were playing and then didn’t play a snap. Bowl games are vacations, as are away games. I don’t think an honest assessment of their opt outs is much to ask though.

Reactions: winner01 and Ski
This is the first year (that I remember) that kid stated they were playing and then didn’t play a snap. Bowl games are vacations, as are away games. I don’t think an honest assessment of their opt outs is much to ask though.
People should just assume the worst and not rely on the university for an "honest assessment."

We wouldn't rely on the university for an "honest assessment" of 4 years of tuition when choosing schools, so why do so for bowl games?

Idk, if for no other reason than they want to keep the goodwill of their fans. Availability reports were established this year for betting. Having availability for bowls isn’t much of an ask. We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Having that type of info (player not playing after making it appear that they would) would be of enormous value to sports books.

Reactions: creamery freak
Go to the NCAA Wrestling Championships instead and pocket the difference. You won't be disappointed ...
Have you been lately? MSG Madison Club (2016) tickets were $800 for all sessions. KC suite tickets are $2300 for all sessions plus minimum 3 nights hotel and flight. I doubt there is a difference. But I still vote wrestling.🤼‍♂️

Reactions: Creek Side
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT