ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Nolf finally up, led into the ring by Kyle Snyder and a trademark-infringing Squid Game character.
  • Nolf gives up a leg, fights off but and gives up a 4.
  • Nolf in on a double, gets two. Can't turn.
  • Nolf in a leg, tree tops, looks footwsweep, gets the two, two more with a gut. Up 6-4.
  • Nolf again to a leg, lifts and gets two. 8-4 at break.
  • Nolf to an ankle, it's stalemated.
  • Nolf reattack, gets two going out of bounds. 10-4.
  • Nolf great sprawl, goes behind on a gassed Tsabolov 12-4.
  • Tsabolov in on leg, exposes and it's 12-8. Looked to be in tight on a lace but didn't have the gas to turn it.
  • Nolf with a blast double (!) for four, 16-8. :30 remaining.
  • Step out for Tsabolov but it's charity b/c it looked like a Nolf TD. 16-9 Nolf final.

Last edited:
Jason 16-8 final and wasn't that close.

Gave up a 2+2 that was purely inexperience in freestyle scrambling -- and then blast doubled the Russian off the mat as if he had just been Todranked.

Russian gassed, returns to center could be times with a sundial.

Will Snyder wrestle on this card today? I can’t really make out these announcers. One interesting pronunciation was the 3 time NC double ya A champion! Make me think I was back home during my childhood when Hulk Hogan was champ of the double ya, double ya F!

Gave up a 2+2 that was purely inexperience in freestyle scrambling -- and then blast doubled the Russian off the mat as if he had just been Todranked.

I thought Jason looked great. Opponent had SRB on the back of his shirt so I assume he is Serbian.

I was impressed by the sportsmanship in all of the bouts. Winners and losers were most gracious. Quite different than the Iowa - ISU meet. :)

Khetag Tsabolov is a former (2014) world champ at 74kg, and still places at events. Not taking anything away from Jason but he probably wasn't in top shape here. But then a lot of Russian guys aren't in great shape even for big events. Nolf looked good though, consistently finishing and fought off some nice shots.

Khetag Tsabolov is a former (2014) world champ at 74kg, and still places at events. Not taking anything away from Jason but he probably wasn't in top shape here. But then a lot of Russian guys aren't in great shape even for big events. Nolf looked good though, consistently finishing and fought off some nice shots.
Jason makes a lot of guys look out of shape.

This was a really good match for Jason in both ways -- he looked good in winning, and the match showed some things he can work on when he gets home.

Ahh…. Todrank mention. Love that guy. Forever a place in the lore of Penn State wrestling.

Seems to confirm Massa is back. That is a Hell of a salty lineup with Nicky Pushups and Ragusin appearing to level up.

Last edited:
Reactions: backdrft76
FRL seemed to indicate the other day that there might be an injury issue with both Storr and Brucki, anyone else hear anything?
they both got hurt during matches at cklv. storr’s looked bad and he couldn’t finish the match. brucki finished his match but lost (2-1 on the escape from injury time) and then defaulted out. definitely injured to some degree. the severity is unknown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT