ADVERTISEMENT

Why aren't we throwing to Saquon?

Well, you got what you wanted. Forst two plays - passes to SB for -2 yards
And then a 10+ yard sack on Trace

Put Barkley in the slot and Sanders at TB. Quick hitters and jet sweeps to Barkley. Try it for 3 or 4 series.

Well, you got what you wanted. Forst two plays - passes to SB for -2 yards
And then a 10+ yard sack on Trace

To be fair--the first pass play looked like a catch and would have been a big play and no one asked for a screen. He was also wide open on the pass to Johnson. Barkley needs to be involved in the pass game. It would be like the Panthers not throwing the ball to McCaffrey.

Barkley's motion pass or run draws attention, when he's a potential receiver he draws attention, as in the wildcat play where Trace was looking for him, he was covered by 2 linebackers.

No idea. Been wondering same thing. Guess only coaches know.

NEVER. QUESTION. THE. COACHES.

giphy.gif

O line doesn't block for Saquon, why don't we get him in space, and throw to him?

In case anyone hasn't picked up on it over the past 6 weeks, every eyeball on D is keying on 26. I don't care if it's Rutgers or OSU. When one player is drawing that much attention it's on the rest of the team to carry the load.

The staff can gameplan about getting 26 touches all they want. Reality is with an average at best OL situation, Saquon is not going to have the space needed to shake most of the attention he draws.

It is what it is. Offense is still putting up points so people just need to relax and be happy for the players. This program is on its way to back to back 10 win seasons for only the 2nd time in 23 years, and given the situation in the trenches on both sides where sanctions are still having residual impact in talent of the upper class, the program is probably overachieving.

As long as that QB doesn't want to play in the NFL

This style of offense is being used quite a bit at the high school level. Kids are being groomed for it at a much earlier age than ever. With defenses continuing to get faster, the NFL prototypical pocket passer is leaning a lot more towards mobility than evasiveness.

Even still, compare the last 20 QBs who started for the last 20 national championship teams. How many were NFL starters?

In case anyone hasn't picked up on it over the past 6 weeks, every eyeball on D is keying on 26. I don't care if it's Rutgers or OSU. When one player is drawing that much attention it's on the rest of the team to carry the load.

The staff can gameplan about getting 26 touches all they want. Reality is with an average at best OL situation, Saquon is not going to have the space needed to shake most of the attention he draws.

It is what it is. Offense is still putting up points so people just need to relax and be happy for the players. This program is on its way to back to back 10 win seasons for only the 2nd time in 23 years, and given the situation in the trenches on both sides where sanctions are still having residual impact in talent of the upper class, the program is probably overachieving.

Please--stop making sense.

Jokes aside this is exactly why I expect the offense to be more explosive without Barkley.

I agree with all of this ^^^, but I am nevertheless disappointed and frustrated that Saquon is not getting the stats he needs to stay up in the Heisman race. The opposing defenses are dictating it by going all in to spy on and defend him, so I get it. I just don't have to love it.

I agree with all of this ^^^, but I am nevertheless disappointed and frustrated that Saquon is not getting the stats he needs to stay up in the Heisman race. The opposing defenses are dictating it by going all in to spy on and defend him, so I get it. I just don't have to love it.

It's still on the coaching staff to make adjustments. For example, we seemingly add a Pistol formation today, but:

1) Trace is still 5 yards deep for the snap, Saquon 7. And the one run we ran out of this (we motioned SB up to the left or right side most of the other plays, except for one that I think turned into the Wildcat) we blocked like a zone read and even hesitated on the handoff.
2) still didn't utilize the formation for it's purpose (downhill running and play action).

Most teams who run an offense like ours have a TE, Hback, or FB player who can catch and block. We don't and it's to the detriment of our running game.

Reactions: psu2016
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT