ADVERTISEMENT

Who would have ever thought Jordan Norwood would be in NFL?

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
go back to the famous FR group during their first year - here is what most would have thought:

• DWill - 5* recruit screams out of the gate looks like an AA. cannot recall but he seemed to fade at the end of FR season. anyhow he looked sure fire Round 1 draftee.
  • King - electric speed and athlete - also seemed to be sure fire early draft NFL player (I recall he may have had the fastest 40 at combine for DBs). Two way dynamo.
  • Butler - also fast (he had fastest 40 at combine) = he also was deep threat. NFL speed but a little small.
  • Norwood - some questioned if he would have gotten a scholarship if hid dad was not a coach. too small and slow to be a big time CFB WR let alone NFL.
a decade later - Norwood is the ONLY one left. I think King had some time with Rams as backup DB. DWill was invisible at the combine and got worse from there. I cannot remember anything he ever did in the NFL. I think Butler was a backup for Seattle for a while - but never made it. I think they released him after a couple of seasons with no impact.

Norwood is the only guy still standing in NFL.....go figure.

Reactions: jerseylion109
Williams broke his arm, I believe on a special teams play but I am not 100% sure on it, during his freshman year and really never seemed to recover from that. He was drafted by the Detroit Lions but didn't do anything special. Butler had a couple of good games for Seattle, but was injured a lot. Norwood bounced around on the practice squad for the Browns and a couple other teams and didn't really play much until this season.

Williams just never showed the explosiveness he had before the arm injury.

I thought he'd get murdered, he was like 155 pounds in college. Even now he's like 170 wet and wearing boots.

Jordan Norwood #11
Position
Wide receiver
Height / Weight
5'11" / 180 lbs
Experience
6th Season
College
Penn State

2015-2016 Season / Career
REC
5 / 41
YDS
39 / 444
AVG
7.8 / 10.8
LNG
15 / 51
TDS
0 / 1

Butler might have been ready for a breakout year but broke his leg in a not-for-the-squeamish style injury in a game in late 2010. He was starting to make an impact and Carroll had just got to Seattle that year, was using him more and if not for getting his leg snapped like a twig I would think his numbers would have only improved from there.

Reactions: step.eng69
While it took a while for Norwood to score a TD at Penn State, he racked more than his share of clutch catches for first downs, many less than ideal throws from Michael Robinson-I think one was on that fateful drive against Indiana or Illinois that preserved the 2005 season.

I thought the basketball skills he brought, primarily the classic move combining a quick cut with putting the hands up ready to catch a ball, was very productive (same as for the long time San Diego Chargers TE
who was a basketball player at Kent State).

I often thought Penn State should recruit another basketball player for the skilled positions.

go back to the famous FR group during their first year - here is what most would have thought:

• DWill - 5* recruit screams out of the gate looks like an AA. cannot recall but he seemed to fade at the end of FR season. anyhow he looked sure fire Round 1 draftee.
  • King - electric speed and athlete - also seemed to be sure fire early draft NFL player (I recall he may have had the fastest 40 at combine for DBs). Two way dynamo.
  • Butler - also fast (he had fastest 40 at combine) = he also was deep threat. NFL speed but a little small.
  • Norwood - some questioned if he would have gotten a scholarship if hid dad was not a coach. too small and slow to be a big time CFB WR let alone NFL.
a decade later - Norwood is the ONLY one left. I think King had some time with Rams as backup DB. DWill was invisible at the combine and got worse from there. I cannot remember anything he ever did in the NFL. I think Butler was a backup for Seattle for a while - but never made it. I think they released him after a couple of seasons with no impact.

Norwood is the only guy still standing in NFL.....go figure.
Jordan seemed very flexible and he could often maneuver his body to lessen the impact of a tackle. It is a amazing that he got back up after the shot he took from the USC headhunter in the Rose Bowl.

Williams was hurt when he was, in my opinion, tackled out of bounds on a kickoff return against UM. He didn't seem to play with the same reckless abandon and explosiveness after that. Jordan seemed very flexible and he could often maneuver his body to lessen the impact of a tackle. It is a amazing that he got back up after the shot he took from Taylor Mays, the USC headhunter in the Rose Bowl.

I am happy for Jordan, after the Browns cut him I figured he as done. That said, its kind of funny watching him in the Denver offense last night. Peyton kind of threw for him cause he had nobody else. Manning is always looking for Thomas first, Owen Daniels next,.

Jordan seemed very flexible and he could often maneuver his body to lessen the impact of a tackle. It is a amazing that he got back up after the shot he took from the USC headhunter in the Rose Bowl.

Talk about head hunting - Mays was a dirty ass player....

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT