Old Democrat friend of mine who lived down the street

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
His name was Bob and a true gentleman. He was honest and decent . After the service he managed one of those small town department stores . After that a bank in town.
When Bob was in the service I mean he was in charge of “stuff” at the embassy . Bob was a spy for the CIA, the station chief.
While in Thailand he worked to secure land leases for peasants . He refused to take bribes, the word got around that some crazy CIA would not take bribes and would do the work.
This got human audience with their king. Bob also “fixed” things. When a US general had his new Rolex stolen by a hooker Bob had that watch back in hours. When a colonel crashed into a car at a brothers garage ( sheet across the bay meant the space was occupied) Bob made sure the bills were paid.
Bob hated the Saudis to the core. At embassy parties they drank , ate pork , and violated almost every religious rule they had.
Point? Bob worked hard , did the job, and knew certain elitists believed rules were for little people.
Bob passed away years ago but he is missed.

junior1

May 29, 2001
His name was Bob and a true gentleman. He was honest and decent . After the service he managed one of those small town department stores . After that a bank in town.
When Bob was in the service I mean he was in charge of “stuff” at the embassy . Bob was a spy for the CIA, the station chief.
While in Thailand he worked to secure land leases for peasants . He refused to take bribes, the word got around that some crazy CIA would not take bribes and would do the work.
This got human audience with their king. Bob also “fixed” things. When a US general had his new Rolex stolen by a hooker Bob had that watch back in hours. When a colonel crashed into a car at a brothers garage ( sheet across the bay meant the space was occupied) Bob made sure the bills were paid.
Bob hated the Saudis to the core. At embassy parties they drank , ate pork , and violated almost every religious rule they had.
Point? Bob worked hard , did the job, and knew certain elitists believed rules were for little people.
Bob passed away years ago but he is missed.
Not about Bob, but on one of your points...anyone that has ever flown into or out of Saudi knows the story..On the way to saudi, when in the airport, lots of really attractive women in revealing outfits..on the plane, plenty of booze. But before entering saudi airspace you hear the announcement and the booze goes away and the women go to the lavatories and come out in their body covering abayas. Same on the way out only in reverse order. It's a very interesting way to practice religion - kind of like pelosi and abortion and her catholic religion

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Not about Bob, but on one of your points...anyone that has ever flown into or out of Saudi knows the story..On the way to saudi, when in the airport, lots of really attractive women in revealing outfits..on the plane, plenty of booze. But before entering saudi airspace you hear the announcement and the booze goes away and the women go to the lavatories and come out in their body covering abayas. Same on the way out only in reverse order. It's a very interesting way to practice religion - kind of like pelosi and abortion and her catholic religion

Their religion is a form of opression.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
They are absolutely awful people.

But they are enabled by stupid people.

LdN
Yep, he was a old school democrat . He had other hilarious stories , like having to leave a embassy party because his son, my friend, was playing at a construction sight with a buddy. His buddy jumped on what he though was a solid pallet but was instead of windows.
The baby sitter called him at the embassy and have him run to the hospital , right when spy stuff was going on.🙄 He wasn’t happy.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Yep, he was a old school democrat . He had other hilarious stories , like having to leave a embassy party because his son, my friend, was playing at a construction sight with a buddy. His buddy jumped on what he though was a solid pallet but was instead of windows.
The baby sitter called him at the embassy and have him run to the hospital , right when spy stuff was going on.🙄 He wasn’t happy.

I once lived in a building with a few CIA guys.

One was a captain and part of the egyptian coup.

Another was a ww2 fighter pilot who flew the corsair.

A third was a british spy who infiltrated Germany during WW2