Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Iowa

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan State

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
Who lied the most about JVP and the Sandusky Scandal? Easy -- the media. The media had what is called a blood story and ran with the story until it bled itself to death. By the way, many stories today just perpetuate the myths about JVP and Sandusky.

I would add Craig Carton to the list for verbally attacking a PSU Student but karma got that a-hole when he went to jail.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Penn State BOT

Dishonorable mention - Keith Oberman

One bit of satisfaction though - one of my HS classmates got him suspended from ESPN!

The 55-year-old Penn Stater who got Olbermann suspended

Feb 24, 2015 — Lisa Aiello DeLeon just wanted to show Keith Olbermann that there was more to Pennsylvania State University than the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

ESPN Suspends Keith Olbermann for Remarks on Penn State​

Keith Olbermann was suspended Tuesday from hosting his ESPN2 program for the rest of the week for churlish remarks he made about Penn State on Twitter.

In one exchange Monday, Olbermann responded “Pitiful” to a tweet from Lisa Aiello DeLeon, a Penn State graduate who wrote, “We are!” and provided a link to a campus newspaper’s article about students raising
$13 million to fight pediatric cancer. On her Facebook page, she subsequently wrote: “My tweet made the news! And check out what KO has to say! I sent to make sure he was aware of this Penn State legacy, started in 1970’s, which has raised over $114mil plus $13mil this yr. — the Penn State culture he can’t deny.”

At another point, Olbermann wrote on Twitter, “PSU students are pitiful because they’re PSU students — period.”

On Tuesday afternoon, he apologized, also on Twitter, for “being stupid and childish.”

ESPN said in a statement that Olbermann’s actions were “completely inappropriate and does not reflect the views of ESPN.”

“We have discussed it with Keith, who recognizes he was wrong,” the statement said.

Last month, Olbermann excoriated the settlement of a lawsuit by Pennsylvania officials that restored the 111 victories that the N.C.A.A. had rescinded from Joe Paterno after the sexual abuse scandal involving his former assistant Jerry Sandusky.

The settlement, which Olbermann described as a “reprehensible bargain,” also called for spending the $60 million fine imposed by the N.C.A.A. on fighting child abuse in Pennsylvania.

Penn State BOT

One bit of satisfaction though - one of my HS classmates got him suspended from ESPN!

Feb 24, 2015 — Lisa Aiello DeLeon just wanted to show Keith Olbermann that there was more to Pennsylvania State University than the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

Keith Olbermann was suspended Tuesday from hosting his ESPN2 program for the rest of the week for churlish remarks he made about Penn State on Twitter.

In one exchange Monday, Olbermann responded “Pitiful” to a tweet from Lisa Aiello DeLeon, a Penn State graduate who wrote, “We are!” and provided a link to a campus newspaper’s article about students raising
$13 million to fight pediatric cancer. On her Facebook page, she subsequently wrote: “My tweet made the news! And check out what KO has to say! I sent to make sure he was aware of this Penn State legacy, started in 1970’s, which has raised over $114mil plus $13mil this yr. — the Penn State culture he can’t deny.”

At another point, Olbermann wrote on Twitter, “PSU students are pitiful because they’re PSU students — period.”

On Tuesday afternoon, he apologized, also on Twitter, for “being stupid and childish.”

ESPN said in a statement that Olbermann’s actions were “completely inappropriate and does not reflect the views of ESPN.”

“We have discussed it with Keith, who recognizes he was wrong,” the statement said.

Last month, Olbermann excoriated the settlement of a lawsuit by Pennsylvania officials that restored the 111 victories that the N.C.A.A. had rescinded from Joe Paterno after the sexual abuse scandal involving his former assistant Jerry Sandusky.

The settlement, which Olbermann described as a “reprehensible bargain,” also called for spending the $60 million fine imposed by the N.C.A.A. on fighting child abuse in Pennsylvania.

The "fine" was later returned with interest to Penn State by Gov. Wolf in one of the few honorable things he did in office.

The bowl money the Big10 stole through the 💩 Delaney has yet to be returned.

Penn State BOT

Lisa Salters should have kicked his ass.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Well, if you consider having Penn State General Counsel, Frank Guadagnino, address the STANDING BOARD to present a one-sided story about how Joe was fully involved, than that person would be Matthew Schuyler. The presentation was a hit-piece designed to pollute the current board and Schuyler would not allow anyone to present a counter-point. Most of the board had no idea this was to be a topic during the Private session called for in mid-January. In addition, Neeli jumped in proclaiming her complete support for Frank's position. Keep in mind that almost all of the current Trustees were not here in 2011 and really weren't familiar with any details. So now, the only "details" they've heard are the lies. and other mis-information. This of course took place in a "private" meeting just recently.

If anyone wondered why Jay asked for Lubrano's proposal at the recent public meeting to be tabled you may stop wondering. Had Jay allowed the proposal to go through it would have ended any thoughts of actually correcting some of the wrongs forever as the topic would/could no longer be put on any agenda since the entire board had been polluted and would have certainly rejected the proposal had it gone to vote.

Schuyler may be the "worst of worst" in this whole sorted affair. At least the others had some excuse for being a "deer caught in the headlights" and very much "under the media gun". Schuyler has no such excuse other than being a horrible human being.

For those who would like to hear Lubrano's proposal at the public meeting and Jay's rebuff open this link and then open the "Media" link to the February 15 and 16 meeting. Go to the 1:31:15 mark in the video provided. The "hit-piece" reference above was a "private" full board meeting.

EDIT: Matthew Schuyler is the current Chair of the Board.

Last edited:
Well, if you consider having Penn State General Counsel, Frank Guadagnino, address the STANDING BOARD to present a one-sided story about how Joe was fully involved, than that person would be Matthew Schuyler. The presentation was a hit-piece designed to pollute the current board and Schuyler would not allow anyone to present a counter-point. Most of the board had no idea this was to be a topic during the Private session called for in mid-January. In addition, Neeli jumped in proclaiming her complete support for Frank's position. Keep in mind that almost all of the current Trustees were not here in 2011 and really weren't familiar with any details. So now, the only "details" they've heard are the lies. and other mis-information. This of course took place in a "private" meeting just recently.

If anyone was wondering why Jay asked for Lubrano's proposal at the recent public meeting to be tabled you may stop wondering. Had Jay allowed the proposal to go through it would have ended any thoughts of actually correcting some of the wrongs forever as the topic would/could no longer be put on any agenda.

Schuyler may be the "worst of worst" in this whole sorted affair. At least the others had some excuse for being a "deer caught in the headlights" and very much "under the media gun". Schuyler has no such excuse other than being a horrible human being.

For those who would like to hear Lubrano's proposal at the public meeting and Jay's rebuff open this link and then open the "Media" link to the February 15 and 16 meeting. Go to the 1:31:15 mark in the video provided. The "hit-piece" reference above was a "private" full board meeting.

If they truly believe Joe was involved to the point of culpability, how do they leave his name on the library.

If they truly believe Joe was involved to the point of culpability, how do they leave his name on the library.
That's a good question. Hopefully someone in media picks up on this post and starts asking questions.

If anyone was wondering why Jay asked for Lubrano's proposal at the recent public meeting to be tabled you may stop wondering. Had Jay allowed the proposal to go through it would have ended any thoughts of actually correcting some of the wrongs forever as the topic would/could no longer be put on any agenda.

Wow. That doesn’t shock me bc I thought Matt would do something shortly after he arrived and when he didn’t I figured something was up…

I was at Matt’s house for a fundraiser event a couple of years ago - I think before he was the chair not sure I will have to look - and his basement was mostly penn state stuff and had several pictures of joe.

Just smh smh smh that this board is acting the way it is especially as so many facts have come out over the years and the number of incidents at other schools, organizations etc…

It is so wrong and so sad

Wow. That doesn’t shock me bc I thought Matt would do something shortly after he arrived and when he didn’t I figured something was up…

I was at Matt’s house for a fundraiser event a couple of years ago - I think before he was the chair not sure I will have to look - and his basement was mostly penn state stuff and had several pictures of joe.

Just smh smh smh that this board is acting the way it is especially as so many facts have come out over the years and the number of incidents at other schools, organizations etc…

It is so wrong and so sad
Thanks for sharing. Schuyler is truly despicable.

If anyone wondered why Jay asked for Lubrano's proposal at the recent public meeting to be tabled you may stop wondering. Had Jay allowed the proposal to go through it would have ended any thoughts of actually correcting some of the wrongs forever as the topic would/could no longer be put on any agenda since the entire board had been polluted and would have certainly rejected the proposal had it gone to vote.

WTF - this is STILL going on?

In Old Main, no less??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT