ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the biggest threat?

SJP80

Sep 22, 2013
Based on results from sessions 1/2, is OSU still the biggest threat? tOSU back a notch as well? And Iowa move forward a notch?

I'd say Ohio State is over Iowa and Ok St.

1. We can control Iowa with Zain, Nolf, and Nickal.

2. Ok State needs to wrestle near perfect to pass all 3 B1G teams. They face some hammers Friday morning.

3. We need help from other teams to slow down tOSU. We have no one to stop Nato and Snyder. At best we'd see Bojo and Moore in the finals. Even if we did, they have beaten both of our guys already this year. Zain will stop Micah, but that would be after Micah clinches top 6 points. Hopefully Nickal never sees Martin, so we need help in the consies versus him. Gullibon getting farther than Pletcher would help, but good luck relying on that.

Okie State and Ohio State remain our biggest threats. Iowa still isn't one.

Correct, which will be even more evident after Session 3. OSU & tOSU are still a threat but if we continue to wrestle well they will have to wrestle well over their seeds to catch us.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Correct, which will be even more evident after Session 3. OSU & tOSU are still a threat but if we continue to wrestle well they will have to wrestle well over their seeds to catch us.

We are also generating more bonus than either and that will only continue... daO$U and the Pokes have probably roughly the same advancement points, it is on bonus that PSU is beating both.

I'd say Ohio State is over Iowa and Ok St.

1. We can control Iowa with Zain, Nolf, and Nickal.

2. Ok State needs to wrestle near perfect to pass all 3 B1G teams. They face some hammers Friday morning.

3. We need help from other teams to slow down tOSU. We have no one to stop Nato and Snyder. At best we'd see Bojo and Moore in the finals. Even if we did, they have beaten both of our guys already this year. Zain will stop Micah, but that would be after Micah clinches top 6 points. Hopefully Nickal never sees Martin, so we need help in the consies versus him. Gullibon getting farther than Pletcher would help, but good luck relying on that.

Ummmm......huh? Bo needs help in the Consi Bracket so he doesn't see "10-loss Martin"? Bo is in the Championship Bracket genius and is likely to finish the Tournament in that bracket, your bull$hit blathering about 10-loss and daO$U not withstanding.

quarters will probably expose the biggest threat. Iowa could easily go 5-1, but I will guess 4-2. Okie has a tough set up. 3-4 would be my guess. tOSU 4-1 would be my guess. PSU Can win all 7, but 6-1 would be a really good round. Okie state is going to have to make a ton of hay on the backside to stay in this, but they have some guys to do that. Big round coming up here in a few short hours.

Franklin, I guess I assumed you didn't need everything spelled out so a child could understand it, my mistake. Here goes... Hoping Nickal never sees Martin implied Nickal makes the finals. To help stop Martin meant from preventing Martin wrestling back for 3rd and earning 10+ points.

In traditional team sports, I always prefer to root for my team to win/perform better as opposed to the other team to lose (or perform badly). I actually take pride in this kind of sportsmanship as a fan. I do find myself growing more comfortable watching matches with Ok. St., tOSU, and Iowa wrestlers and rooting for them to lose or eek out a win with no bonus points. That being said, I still relish the head to head matches where (hopefully) Penn State wrestlers get to take care of business. Part of me was disappointed that Miles Martin lost and Bo wouldn't have a chance to avenge his loss in the Big Ten tournament (god forbid Bo meeting him in consolations).

In traditional team sports, I always prefer to root for my team to win/perform better as opposed to the other team to lose (or perform badly). I actually take pride in this kind of sportsmanship as a fan. I do find myself growing more comfortable watching matches with Ok. St., tOSU, and Iowa wrestlers and rooting for them to lose or eek out a win with no bonus points. That being said, I still relish the head to head matches where (hopefully) Penn State wrestlers get to take care of business. Part of me was disappointed that Miles Martin lost and Bo wouldn't have a chance to avenge his loss in the Big Ten tournament (god forbid Bo meeting him in consolations).

If Suriano and Cortez were healthy and wrestling, I too would be all for the Bo/MyMar rematch and even a Collica/Zain rematch. But, given the circumstances, the sooner they lose, the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT