ADVERTISEMENT

Where were the lions during the delay????

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
I was in East Lansing this past weekend and would love to know where PSU held out during the delay.

The fans were evacuated to Wells Hall just next door to the stadium. There are no other lecture halls in the immediate area, in fact there isn't much of anything around the complex but a few admin and services buildings. After about one hour in Wells, I went for our car and walked towards town right past all the buses outside of the visitors locker room and all were running. I think there were 3 or 4. That's unusual unless they are being used.

Now I know Franklin mentioned how they were taken good care of and went to a nearby lecture hall and had Pizza or Chick Filet. I would be curious to know any media references to seeing them relocated (they would have been drenched) or even talking with anyone with the team during the evacuation.

I just find Franklin's reference rather interesting. He is a master communicator and usually doesn't say something without a purpose.

I was in East Lansing this past weekend and would love to know where PSU held out during the delay.

The fans were evacuated to Wells Hall just next door to the stadium. There are no other lecture halls in the immediate area, in fact there isn't much of anything around the complex but a few admin and services buildings. After about one hour in Wells, I went for our car and walked towards town right past all the buses outside of the visitors locker room and all were running. I think there were 3 or 4. That's unusual unless they are being used.

Now I know Franklin mentioned how they were taken good care of and went to a nearby lecture hall and had Pizza or Chick Filet. I would be curious to know any media references to seeing them relocated (they would have been drenched) or even talking with anyone with the team during the evacuation.

I just find Franklin's reference rather interesting. He is a master communicator and usually doesn't say something without a purpose.
I feel like he was saying it was a huge burden on PSU but he didn't want to take anything away from MSU or how MSU handled it. It was just an unfortunate situation that was unforseeable and handled as best as it could have been

What would have happened if it was at the beav?

PSU has perhaps (other than Purdue) the worst visitors’ locker room in the B1G. Old timers may remember the home team buses pulling up to the cement block lockers under the West stands. Not much different today for our ‘guests’.

I too was in wells hall.....found an auditorium to watch some of the other games.....before I decided to make a run for downtown in an attempt to find food and beer.....to no luck thanks to the power outage in downtown east Lansing.

As far as the team, I do not believe they left the stadium. I believe part of the team was moved to a nearby room (press room possibly) to give them some more space. Team sent Ops guys to get the players food.

PSU has perhaps (other than Purdue) the worst visitors’ locker room in the B1G. Old timers may remember the home team buses pulling up to the cement block lockers under the West stands. Not much different today for our ‘guests’.

Harbaugh rated ours higher than several schools I believe.

Reactions: mn78psu83

Not according to a person that has actually been in the visitors locker rooms. . .

An anonymous former Big Ten assistant coach took the liberty of ranking 12 of the conference’s 14 visitor locker rooms to ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg.

Here’s how it shook out:

Illinois = pathetic

Purdue = pathetic

Maryland = pathetic

Northwestern = pathetic

Michigan State = pathetic

Nebraska = OK

Wisconsin = OK

Iowa = OK

Penn State = OK

Michigan = below average

Ohio State = below average

Minnesota = nice

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/purdue-locker-room-jim-harbaugh-big-ten

Reactions: mn78psu83
Not according to a person that has actually been in the visitors locker rooms. . .

An anonymous former Big Ten assistant coach took the liberty of ranking 12 of the conference’s 14 visitor locker rooms to ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg.

Here’s how it shook out:

Illinois = pathetic

Purdue = pathetic

Maryland = pathetic

Northwestern = pathetic

Nebraska = OK

Wisconsin = OK

Iowa = OK

Penn State = OK

Michigan = below average

Minnesota = nice

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/purdue-locker-room-jim-harbaugh-big-ten
I don’t know how you grade, but isn’t “OK” = average? I’d say that PSU finished “Top 5”

Thankfully, we apparently have an AAD “for that”.

Last edited:

Here’s how it shook out:

Illinois = pathetic

Purdue = pathetic

Maryland = pathetic

Northwestern = pathetic

Nebraska = OK

Wisconsin = OK

Iowa = OK

Penn State = OK

Michigan = below average

Minnesota = nice

Who ever that "anonymous former Big Ten assistant coach" was, he hasn't been to Spartan Stadium for several years. The visitor locker room at Spartan Stadium is NOW considered the best in the conference. That is because it is the newest. It is about 3 years old. Before the North End Zone addition the visitors' locker room was indeed pathetic. In fact, it was run down when I was a student back in the 60's.

It's so fantastic the team had to move to a press room during the delay in order to have any kind of space. Well done, Sparty!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT