ADVERTISEMENT

Where did your girl go to college?

Wife went to Rutgers. Despite being friends with most football players (including Pickel Brothers) she never went into a game (tailgated instead). I fell in love with her in October of 1990- we drove from NYC down to RU for Homecoming on the spur of the moment. Walked into the stadium after halftime without tix. Watched RU beat Gerry Faust Akron squad/ Watched PSU beat Bama at Old Queens Tavern on TV/ Then went to a party of former football players where I was bullied and roasted about my "intentions."

She also took me to an RU hoops game at the RAC in early 90's. Haven't been back for sports since- but do try and hit Ag Field Day (was cancelled this year).

Daughter was at Wake Forest. Saw the Deacs defeat Lamar Jackson lead Louisville on Parent's Weekend '17. Still follow them closely- but unfortunately lost our daughter 4/20/18 so visiting campus is not in our plans until her "graduation" ceremony next Spring...

I am sorry for your loss.

Wife went to Rutgers. Despite being friends with most football players (including Pickel Brothers) she never went into a game (tailgated instead). I fell in love with her in October of 1990- we drove from NYC down to RU for Homecoming on the spur of the moment. Walked into the stadium after halftime without tix. Watched RU beat Gerry Faust Akron squad/ Watched PSU beat Bama at Old Queens Tavern on TV/ Then went to a party of former football players where I was bullied and roasted about my "intentions."

She also took me to an RU hoops game at the RAC in early 90's. Haven't been back for sports since- but do try and hit Ag Field Day (was cancelled this year).

Daughter was at Wake Forest. Saw the Deacs defeat Lamar Jackson lead Louisville on Parent's Weekend '17. Still follow them closely- but unfortunately lost our daughter 4/20/18 so visiting campus is not in our plans until her "graduation" ceremony next Spring...

87 Penn St8 - This post led me to look back at your other posts in search of more about your loss. I found it, please know I feel your pain. I'm sorry you and your family went through such a loss. We lost our 27 year old son quite suddenly a few days after Christmas in 2016. He passed from an undiagnosed heart ailment at his home in Baltimore. I hate that we are in this club together, no one should be in it. Take care of yourself. You are correct, nothing can cure the incisive pain from a fully broken heart. Time is indeed something to be cherished.

Wife went to Tulane. Went for homecoming a few years back. Enjoyed the campus and the stadium was nicer than I expected. Really good food in the concessions, plus alcohol.

Isn't it only about 5 years old? I wish my gf had gone to Tulane so I had an excuse to buy and wear olive/light blue gear with the little angry wave guy on it. I love their current uniform combos - very unique.

87 Penn St8 - This post led me to look back at your other posts in search of more about your loss. I found it, please know I feel your pain. I'm sorry you and your family went through such a loss. We lost our 27 year old son quite suddenly a few days after Christmas in 2016. He passed from an undiagnosed heart ailment at his home in Baltimore. I hate that we are in this club together, no one should be in it. Take care of yourself. You are correct, nothing can cure the incisive pain from a fully broken heart. Time is indeed something to be cherished.
I'm sorry for both of you. I can't even imagine what the loss of a child must feel like, truly heart wrenching. May they Rest In Peace.

my wife is a hokie and we do go to games this year. If you come to the PSU-VT game this year you’ll see that the campuses and the towns are very similar. Like almost eerily similar.

My eldest graduated from VT last year and youngest just graduated from UGA.

The first time I saw VT, I commented that it was as if they picked up Happy Valley and dropped it in Blacksburg. UGA is definitely different, but Broad Street in Athens is very much like College Avenue.

1st wife Marshall
2nd wife Marshall
yes I've been to a game here. Stadium atmosphere is QB dependent. Chad Pennington or Byron Leftwhich, it was pretty good. Chase Litton? not much.
down here they ask, 'did you go to Marshall?' What they are really asking is, 'did you go to college?' as most people here went to Marshall. A few dummies went to WVwho.

OHHHH The wife She went to Towson and yes I have been to a football game there not a bad set up

Smart woman. I graduated from there as well. We have very competitive teams and nice facilities but unfortunately, we don't have the people (especially the students) to come out to watch the games.

BC for freshman year.
Finished undergrad at UVA.
Masters at Colorado State.
Been to BC as a PSU fan before I met her. Been to two UVA football games, including the one where Penn state couldn’t make a field goal. And a number of UVA basketball games.

I was there with @Lion/Son/Husband/Father. Half way there I realized I forgot the tickets. My wife and stepdaughter rallied in their cars and saved the day. I couldn't watch the last fg attempt. Knew Ficken would miss. Happy he got it together later.

I was also at UVA for another game we lost there. Omar Easy and Kinlaw ran crazy but we fumbled and had some atrocious calls against us in that game. Can't remember the year.

I know that if I called my wife “my girl” I would no longer have a wife.
For the record, I’ve only been to her college one time and did not see any sports there.

Really? Bama campus is meh, as as Tuscaloosa.
Bama's campus is fine. Tuscaloosa is underwhelming. I didn't care for their game day tailgating set up. Weird to "tailgate" on the quads in very small allocated spaces.

Wait, this is weird, right? Why would someone only want to know about where just one sex matriculated? I'm assuming that the board is made up of both males and females with significant others of both sexes but "girl" implies something completely different.

wife: PSU Ogontz then PSU main campus (1982)

daugther 1: Univ of Delaware (2013)
daughter 2: PSU main (2018)
daughter 3: PSU main (2020)

Delaware football atmosphere is like sPitt atmosphere. Stadium is way too big for the number of fans that attend. The coeds were all excited for their tailgating, but I was laughing most of the time. It was like a high school football parking lot.

I had attended a WVU game when in high school and it was fun. Lots of partying and good crowd.

Attended a game at sPitt when they had their own stadium and it was a joke. Who wants to walk up Cardiac Hilll to get to the stadium? No wonder they tore it down.

Went to a slippery Rock game and IUP in the 70's, but don't remember much as I was pretty young.

Met my future wife while attending a party at an apartment complex down on College avenue junior year at Penn State . Her parents also both went to Penn State met there and got married. My daughter goes there now, so she has a little pressure to be third generation of finding a spouse while at PSU.

My ex went to Whatsamatta U.

I met her at Penn State and I do not hold that against Dear Old State.

She went to Mercyhurst for two undergrads and later Chatham and Carlow for her Masters degrees.

You have a clothier?
RoGZUNM.jpg

Well to be honest, I bought my sons1 and 2 suits for State interviews:p
Harry knows me so well.

Last edited:
I was there with @Lion/Son/Husband/Father. Half way there I realized I forgot the tickets. My wife and stepdaughter rallied in their cars and saved the day. I couldn't watch the last fg attempt. Knew Ficken would miss. Happy he got it together later.

I was also at UVA for another game we lost there. Omar Easy and Kinlaw ran crazy but we fumbled and had some atrocious calls against us in that game. Can't remember the year.
Should have named Cubs Omar DAMN

1st wife Marshall
2nd wife Marshall
yes I've been to a game here. Stadium atmosphere is QB dependent. Chad Pennington or Byron Leftwhich, it was pretty good. Chase Litton? not much.
down here they ask, 'did you go to Marshall?' What they are really asking is, 'did you go to college?' as most people here went to Marshall. A few dummies went to WVwho.
Both my kids went to Marshall.

My wife went to Edinboro....I used to go to football and basketball games there all the time in high school. My brother also went there so I continued to attend games there frequently. It was fun but certainly not like a D-1 game.

Bama's campus is fine. Tuscaloosa is underwhelming. I didn't care for their game day tailgating set up. Weird to "tailgate" on the quads in very small allocated spaces.
Parts of campus are nice, but overall it's underwhelming. I don't think they have much of a choice when it comes to tailgating when you consider where the stadium is located...although two tailgates I was at this year were over by the tennis stadium.

My daughter went to the College of Charleston SC for her undergrad. Not much of a sports program other than the basketball team never made it to a game there sadly

Colorado St for her masters

My wife attended Kean College (NJ). Attended no sports events.

My daughter attended Penn State Smeal College of Business. The week after she arrived on campus in 2001, she attended the PSU home opener against Miami. My wife and I watched on tv. When Adam Taliaferro came out of the tunnel it was an amazing scene! We new she made the right choice...

My wife went to PSU for her BSN, did her masters at Grand Canyon and her Doctorate at Rush University in Chicago. She'll always be a PSU girl and we try to get to as many games as possible. We've cut back a bit on football and made the trip more for wrestling the last few years. Wish they would schedule some games out west. Colorado or Utah would be sweet.

My wife went to:
Notre Dame undergrad
Southern Cal - grad school.

I know, how did that happen. The good news is that she insists my son and I got to at least one PUS game a year, as she loves college football. We hit one PSU game, one ND game, and then the better bowl.

I did PSU undergrad and Wharton grad. Will be interesting to see where our son will want to go!

My wife went to Wisconsin and we haven't been to Madison in decades. She is an insufferable UW and Packer fan.

As for sports, I now prefer to watch small non revenue sports; men's & women's lacrosse, soccer and field hockey.

Wow that sounds exciting.

My wife went to a techie geek school in Claremont, California that had no sports. She got her masters at George Washington, but she was working as she studied and didn't really get involved with anything at the school other than her classes. Introducing her to Penn State sports and the whole Penn State community has been quite a revelation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT