ADVERTISEMENT

When was last time 2 B10 teams were ranked in top 5 and playing one another?

proud2bpsufan

Jan 4, 2013
Next weekend, are we going to witness an event that only happens maybe once a decade? Pretty cool if that's the case. Let's just enjoy it and not stress out about it too much.

I heard this AM that 1997 was the last time two top 5 big ten teams played each other without tOSU being one of them. Not sure when it last happened when you include tOSU.

Reactions: odshowtime
Think OSU and UM were both top 5 in that 2016 game where OSU beat them to send us to the Big Championship game.

OSU and UM were 1 and 2 in 2006.

But first time two top 5 not involving OSU since 1997 PSU vs. UM. Hopefully this one ends better for us.

Last edited:
Hopefully we don’t have a ‘97 outcome. I was a junior that year and we camped out to get front row tix. Steady light rain most of the night and leading into game time. PSU could just never get anything going. 34-8 Mich on what ESPN dubbed as Judgment Day 😞

Think OSU and UM were both top 5 in that 2016 game where OSU beat them to send us to the Big Championship game.

OSU and UM were 1 and 2 in 2006.

But first time two top 5 not involving OSU since 1997 PSU @ UM. Hopefully this one ends better for us.
Correct. 2016 both OSU and Michigan were in top 5

Hopefully we don’t have a ‘97 outcome. I was a junior that year and we camped out to get front row tix. Steady light rain most of the night and leading into game time. PSU could just never get anything going. 34-8 Mich on what ESPN dubbed as Judgment Day 😞
You could just tell Charles Woodson was just a special different playing in that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT