ADVERTISEMENT

When do the opt-outs start?

IANit

Dec 8, 2002
Iowa
Wait until the regular season is over or do it now? Will we have some starters dress but not play the next couple of weeks? They've already won a Rose Bowl, so the uniqueness of that is kind of gone. Chop's injury and the scary injury to one of our recruits last night (he's going to be OK, I think. He may have even been there watching today) make me think it wouldn't be that selfish where I might have felt that way a year ago.

One advantage of the 12-team playoff is that we won't automatically be out of the running when we lose to 2 top 5 teams.

The 2024 schedule is brutal and much tougher than this year. Expecting Penn State to lose only 2 games next year with this abysmal offense is just wishful thinking.

Reactions: psu00 and harbest
I realize that we do not have the explosive wide receivers we have had for the last 5 or more years. But the run plays were unimaginative, no screens, no slants over the middle. I saw how Michigan brought in extra OL to run. We couldn't think of that? Sorry - sour grapes but yuchich and Franklin need to make massive changes or find some other place to coach. Urban looking good now. Sorry to say that.

The 2024 schedule is brutal and much tougher than this year. Expecting Penn State to lose only 2 games next year with this abysmal offense is just wishful thinking.
Each year is not the dame as the last for players. Fir Franklin, that is another matter.

Each year is not the dame as the last for players. Fir Franklin, that is another matter.

Yurcich‘s offense has been the same for 3 consecutive years with different QBs and different players at other offensive positions. The results have been the same, 0-6 against Ohio State and Michigan.

Now, I do include Franklin as the primary reason for going 0-6 against the big boy programs.

Wait until the regular season is over or do it now? Will we have some starters dress but not play the next couple of weeks? They've already won a Rose Bowl, so the uniqueness of that is kind of gone. Chop's injury and the scary injury to one of our recruits last night (he's going to be OK, I think. He may have even been there watching today) make me think it wouldn't be that selfish where I might have felt that way a year ago.

One advantage of the 12-team playoff is that we won't automatically be out of the running when we lose to 2 top 5 teams.
They'll play out the season but none of the main guys entering the draft should play in the bowl game

• Angry
Reactions: NoBareFeet

Silver lining is there aren’t 2 top 5 teams on next years schedule.

Silver lining is there aren’t 2 top 5 teams on next years schedule.
Check again. Besides Ohio State, who we play on 11/2/24, we play current #5 Washington on 11/9/24. They do lose Penix, but DeBoer won multiple NAIA championships. He was 67-3 in 5 years. So far he's 21-2 at UW. I wouldn't expect a big falloff next year. I'm betting he can find a QB and will have them picking up where they left off. And we go to USC, which with a new DC will probably be Top 5 or so to start the year.

I am looking forward to Oct. 5, 2023. Michigan plays UW in Husky Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT