ADVERTISEMENT

What's everyone doing for vacation this summer?

We were going to Europe for a couple of weeks in June. We have cancelled that unfortunately. I guess we spend more time at our other house and do some days at Raystown lake. Thinking about doing a beach trip to Isle of Palms maybe in later summer.

Here's a travel tip for everyone. Delta cancelled our flights to Europe and didn't advise us. I tried to call them to ensure our miles got redeposited and our cash fees refunded. The hold time was 6 1/2 hours! LOL. So I tweeted at Delta saying you cancelled, didn't tell me and haven't refunded or redeposited anything. Within 10 mins, I got a Twitter DM from Delta and they resolved it within an hour. I will remember that for future issues when I can't reach them in a conventional manner.
I used their email function (thru "voice a complaint")--and that worked quite well. Got a response within a day, and it is mostly worked out (we were supposed to be in the PNW last week). Only issue is a refund for the flight (right now we have credit) but they said they are working on it as my original flight was cancelled and the replacement (three legs vs two) was more than 90 minutes from the original time, which counts as an eligible flight fro a refund. All things considered, I was pleased with my interaction with Delta.

Son and I might bike the Pittsburgh to DC trail.

GF and I were thinking of biking the Colorado wine trail but that looks unlikely.

Other than that, hang out at my pool and bike.

Pool opened yesterday. Putting boat in river at my cabin this weekend. Fishing, golf and hanging by the pool. Have some deep reservations about traveling right now. Have a trip to Glacier planned in late summer, up in the air right now.

Boat pic please. Moms put a hold on our boat purchase and I’m jonesing.
Don't have a clue on how to post a pic! It's a 14 foot Lowe with 3 very comfy seats. 9.9 Evinrude that is 30 years old and runs like it is brand new. Sometimes I put a 75lb thrust electric motor on and just spin around the river in front of my cabin. Amazing how much power it has, no problem pushing my wife and me around the river.

Hopefully, a trip to Maine once things open up. Usually go twice to ATV. If quarantine stays in place, probably once in Sept.

We will be in Ludington, MI for the 16th year camping at the state park.

OL
We're supposed to be in Michigan in July with some friends (renting a house as a group). I'm not sure that's going to happen now. Or if I'd feel comfortable doing it.

My guess is that it will be like last week's vacation--stay at home with a "honey do" list (we were supposed to be in the PNW). Not that it was a bad thing. Got our spare bedroom almost up and running (had been a catch-all for stuff).

Reactions: OhioLion
Heading to Wildwood Crest, NJ for the 3rd week in July! We will be there! Also, have a week booked at the "Crest" for the 2nd week in September.

We're supposed to be in Michigan in July with some friends (renting a house as a group). I'm not sure that's going to happen now. Or if I'd feel comfortable doing it.

My guess is that it will be like last week's vacation--stay at home with a "honey do" list (we were supposed to be in the PNW). Not that it was a bad thing. Got our spare bedroom almost up and running (had been a catch-all for stuff).
you'll be fine in Northern MI. Very low rates of cornavirus up north
Where are you headed?
or maybe your concern is with the armed rebels :)

or maybe your concern is with the armed rebels :)

There is so much hate going around it is difficult to narrow down which group to join. Left? Right? Anarchist? Trotskyist? Religious based? Atheist?

My wife is leaning toward a syndacalist group.

I am looking into neo-Austrian economic based groups.

Just read that Canada is not planning to open their border anytime soon, so my trip to Nova Scotia looks shaky.

Just read that Canada is not planning to open their border anytime soon, so my trip to Nova Scotia looks shaky.

That's a bummer, I hope you will get there eventually. We went to NS last summer and had a great time. Very underrated part of Canada, and that's after four trips to western Canada.

Reactions: Nitt1300
In a normal year we'll do a couple trips. I've all but ruled out hopping on a plane, so heading out west doesn't look like an option. Plan B was going back to Acadia in Maine, but they have a 14 day quarantine through August.

At this point considering the Smoky Mts, other parts of New England and upstate New York. So basically somewhere on the Appalachian chain.
We have a family vacation planned for OC MD in late July. All three kids and spouses and three grandsons are coming. I hope that the city and beaches are open by then because the lease agreement makes it impossible to get the deposit returned. If war breaks out or the house burns down, they still do not have to return the deposit.
Do you ever read those lease contracts?

Reactions: Sharkies
Enjoy wearing the mandatory mask in that same 100 degree heat.
If Disney opens I'm thinking of making a trip mid august. No crowds is very appealing to me. And I want to see how you take someones temp in 100 degree heat

In a normal year we'll do a couple trips. I've all but ruled out hopping on a plane, so heading out west doesn't look like an option. Plan B was going back to Acadia in Maine, but they have a 14 day quarantine through August.

At this point considering the Smoky Mts, other parts of New England and upstate New York. So basically somewhere on the Appalachian chain.
Beach house inOBX

I'll be flying to PHX with my son in June to get him set up with a place to live for his freshman year at ASU that starts in August. After the past 3 months, that will feel like a vacation. At least some restaurants are open in AZ.

My gf's 50th is July 15, would like to head to Nashville that weekend with her, but she may not be wiling to travel. If not we'll celebrate her 50th in AZ in Oct/Nov.
Is he staying in a dorm? They typically require FR to stay in a dorm I thought. Or is that a COVID change?

After you move out there what will be your new summer plan? You might need one.

1f975.png
It's a dry heat we like to say!

Was supposed to have been flying home to AZ from Kauai today after 10 days there...now planning a drive through Utah up to Yellowstone in June. Now that Yellowstone is opening tomorrow.
Planning to check out Zion's, Bryce Canyon, and Grand Tetons en route. Appreciate any additional suggestions.

Damn it! We were planning a New England trip (and visit Ottawa on our way home) beginning of July and one of our main stops was Bar Harbor/Acadia

Stay tuned. Governor might relax some of the restrictions on visiting Maine, perhaps with word coming sometime this week.

I rented a place in OC NJ in June for the kids/sig others and I'm going to San Diego or Negril Jamaica in Sept.
I was in OCNJ this weekend. Almost no one is wearing a mask and most are showing no regard for social distancing on the boardwalk. It’s almost like people have taken a vacation from the coronavirus, especially young families with children who seemed oblivious. At least on the beach people seemed to be spreading out but that will likely change when it gets more crowded.

Hopefully heading to my son's in Millsboro, DE to further explore Lower Slower Delaware.

Reactions: bison13
We have a 3 week Viking Homelands Cruise in late September for Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Gdansk Poland, St. Petersburg Russia and Iceland but may cancel and reschedule. Viking gave us the option to cancel up to 2 days prior or re-schedule in the following 24 months. we will make the decision in August, at this point we are most likely leaning towards a re-schedule. Even though there are only around 600 people on a Viking Cruise it is the long flight and not knowing where the other 600 folks are coming from that is going to hold us back.

We have a 3 week Viking Homelands Cruise in late September for Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Gdansk Poland, St. Petersburg Russia and Iceland but may cancel and reschedule. Viking gave us the option to cancel up to 2 days prior or re-schedule in the following 24 months. we will make the decision in August, at this point we are most likely leaning towards a re-schedule. Even though there are only around 600 people on a Viking Cruise it is the long flight and not knowing where the other 600 folks are coming from that is going to hold us back.
Assuming Viking is still around in two years.... I think they will be, but it wouldn't surprise me if the cruise business is dead.

I’m in a similar situation and already cancelled an Alaska cruise in July. There are only 500 passengers but you can’t really social distance on a ship.

Reactions: YogiMan71

Beach Now through Labor Day then Turkey and Prague .... unless I can't get there?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT