ADVERTISEMENT

What the nation thinks about Franklin...

How long have you been a PSU fan? If it’s any length of time, you should be used to it. And it’s one thing to be critical of the coach, but to blame the coach for every single loss is ridiculous.
As JF has always mentioned, I take full responsibility for the loss, as he should. However, he coaches should also take some heat. His statements are not ridiculous, but "fact" although you always have to have your thoughts posted which is what this board should be about. JF has made a number of bone head decisions that has lead to losses, and takes responsibility.

I used to donate to PSU. Just sharing.
Yippee - I just stared a fact. One that you conveniently did not address in your response.

Listen, I was fine with everything you’ve said until you went to the Sandusky stuff. It’s what happens with every fanbase when they get frustrated.

Franklin beat ZERO teams that were remotely good. He was beaten by the only above average teams on the schedule. His record in big games gets worse each year. Every great coach has to get a start somewhere, PS needs a legitimate athletic director that can find that person. Unfortunately the woke leadership hired an unqualified AD that gave Franklin the extension on the way out.
Did you count joes wins vs non top ten?

In all fairness, his record at Vandy should have an * after it given how pathetic they have traditionally been in the SEC.

After a quick search, at Penn State he’s 5-22 against the top 15. He’s basically lost 4 of every 5 games against a top 15 team here.
Not that this excuses it, but take out OSU and UM from that stat. We know he hasn't been able to beat those two. What is his record against those not named OSU or UM.

Franklin's Ra, Ra days are over. Recruits have seen his act too many times and our recruiting classes will never keep up with OSU, UM, let alone Wash, Oregon, So Cal, and UCLA. Just look at the portal class Ole Miss in bring in; "10 on defense alone, including the #1 DT in the nation. Getting recruits from TAM, Arlansas, Tenn, Flordia, etc while we keep dicking around with Old Dominion, Kent St, etc. Pathetic!
That is all more reflective of the NIL support those teams get than of their coaching. We won't be in the league of OSU, UM, Alabama, Georgia until the fans support the $$$ required in NIL to bring in the players that give you the top 10 recruiting class year in and year out. Doesn't matter who the coach is.

Franklin beat ZERO teams that were remotely good. He was beaten by the only above average teams on the schedule. His record in big games gets worse each year. Every great coach has to get a start somewhere, PS needs a legitimate athletic director that can find that person. Unfortunately the woke leadership hired an unqualified AD that gave Franklin the extension on the way out.
Hey. PSU beat a playoff team this year. Delaware made the playoffs.

Reactions: manilion
Joe is history. Franklin is now, why would I do that?

He is history but half the fans are still looking for the statue. They compare constantly. Do you count joes wins vs non top 10 teams? 409 - non top 10 wins = ?

If you want to initiate the comparison then dont complain when I play along.

Did Joes wins vs Rutgers, WVU, Army, Navy, Airforce, Syracuse, Maryland, Pitt, BC and Temple count? Did you complain about the schedule?

He is history but half the fans are still looking for the statue. They compare constantly. Do you count joes wins vs non top 10 teams? 409 - non top 10 wins = ?

If you want to initiate the comparison then dont complain when I play along.

Did Joes wins vs Rutgers, WVU, Army, Navy, Airforce, Syracuse, Maryland, Pitt, BC and Temple count? Did you complain about the schedule?
I never mentioned Joe. What he did has nothing to do with what Franklin is doing. You can continue to compare the two of you want to try and justify Franklin’s inability to beat good teams. I don’t and never will judge someone’s success based on another’s. Each has to be evaluated individually. Joe stayed way to long and unfortunately JF will.

Reactions: KCLion
As JF has always mentioned, I take full responsibility for the loss, as he should. However, he coaches should also take some heat. His statements are not ridiculous, but "fact" although you always have to have your thoughts posted which is what this board should be about. JF has made a number of bone head decisions that has lead to losses, and takes responsibility.
Every coach in the history of football has made boneheaded decisions especially when you judge them after the fact or if you blame the coach for every boneheaded move a player makes.

AWS, James Franklin makes boneheaded decisions all the time stop making excuses, this guy is a worthless coach

Reactions: blair10
What year have you been good, lately? You guys haven't been good since losing Rich Rod.
You mean since the best teams left their conference. How do you think PSU would have been in the Big 10 if OSU, Michigan and Wisconsin all left? WVU was the tallest midget in the Big East. Rich Rod was a 7-8 win coach before those teams left.

AWS, James Franklin makes boneheaded decisions all the time stop making excuses, this guy is a worthless coach
Yes, 10-11 wins are worthless, give me a break. I get it, you don’t like him, that’s great, but quit allowing your dislike for him to make you post ridiculous things. He’s not good enough for you, okay….you want someone better, got it, but he’s hardly worthless.

Did you count joes wins vs non top ten?
Why do you keep making things about Joe? Joe's overrated by many here. Some believe he was the best ever. Those people are also the ones that tend to support 10-2 seasons and Franklin the most.

Why do you keep making things about Joe? Joe's overrated by many here. Some believe he was the best ever. Those people are also the ones that tend to support 10-2 seasons and Franklin the most.
Count me as one who loved Joe but doesn’t blindly support Franklin.

In Joes prime I always felt like we had a chance no matter who we played. With Franklin, I know we are not going to be very competitive in the biggest games.

In Joes prime I always felt like we had a chance no matter who we played. With Franklin, I know we are not going to be very competitive in the biggest games.
What years do you consider Joe's prime?

If nothing else, Joe's teams played tough fundamental football. Even when outmatched.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Franklin just needs to find an OC who can recruit and do a total overhaul. Maybe AK is the guy. We will see.

Not that this excuses it, but take out OSU and UM from that stat. We know he hasn't been able to beat those two. What is his record against those not named OSU or UM.

Respectfully, I’m not sure why we should remove Ohio St and Michigan as they are Penn State’s main competitors in the conference. Take them out and your left with the occasional year that Iowa, Illinois, or Minnesota happen to make the top 15 and an occasional bowl game.

Do we get to cherry pick a few others like USC, Oregon, and Washington to drop starting next year too? ;)

That said, I quickly looked it up and came up with his record at Penn State against the top 15, (minus Michigan and Ohio State), to be 4-8.

He still loses 2 of every 3 games or 67% of the time.

Last edited:
I never mentioned Joe. What he did has nothing to do with what Franklin is doing. You can continue to compare the two of you want to try and justify Franklin’s inability to beat good teams. I don’t and never will judge someone’s success based on another’s. Each has to be evaluated individually. Joe stayed way to long and unfortunately JF will.
Check his posting history and you'll find that he brings Coach Paterno up in a negative fashion literally every time anyone dares to question Franklin. It's really weird, like he is Franklin's cousin or something.

Thankfully Franklin's probably won't be around 7 short years from now unless he gets it together and actually wins something that matters before then. There can't be a second AD stupid enough to pay his demands for those results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT