ADVERTISEMENT

What the f*%* happened to decent Thursday Night College Football Games/Matchups?*

I'm not sure how Temple got so bad so quick. I know Rhule left, but I don't think all his players left with him.

Ever since being at the Temple PSU game in 2015 and seeing the absolute warm dumpster juice that is their fan base I so enjoy watching them get curb stomped on the reg. I used to always cheer for Temple when not playing PSU but I had so many horrible interactions with the slop that was Temple fans, students, and alumni that day that I'm locked into this game hoping Charlie Strong and his USF Bulls have prison sex with this team.

Side note...looks like Joey Galloway is full casual mode with the untucked shirt and tie.

The Shield decided to play a full season of TNF might have something to do with it, they use to not start until week 8 or 9 or so.

Seriously, is the NCAA backing off good games because of the NFL? Look at the last two they gave us....Cindy/Houston and now Rams/Niners

I'm not just talking about tonight's game I'm talking about the games the past few years. We used to get decent matchups like
NC St v Va Tech
Arkansas v Miss St
Ok St v Iowa St
Kentucky v South Carolina

Now the matchups the past few years are intolerable

Some of the biggest upsets were on Thurs night.
-NC St upset Fla St more than once I think
-Oregon St upset USC around 10 years ago
-WVU upset the Canes in the early part of the century
Obviously there's been others but those are the one's that came to me right now. Now they just suck.

I'm not just talking about tonight's game I'm talking about the games the past few years. We used to get decent matchups like
NC St v Va Tech
Arkansas v Miss St
Ok St v Iowa St
Kentucky v South Carolina

Now the matchups the past few years are intolerable

I agree. When it first started it used to be a decent match up on Thursday. Over time it just went downhill and is now hit or miss.

The next 2 weeks aren't bad- Texas vs Iowa St and then Louisville at NC State.

That's followed by Texas State vs Louisiana in 3 weeks and then Louisiana vs Arkansas State and Houston vs Memphis in 4 weeks.

Reactions: grinagrin
All the people who keep asking why Rhule left for Baylor. Besides for the extra $3 million plus, they did lose a ton of talent. 4 year starter at QB, Jahad Thomas, Hassan reddick. While a very good coach, you only catch lightning in a bottle once. He needed to strike while the iron was hottest.

Ever since being at the Temple PSU game in 2015 and seeing the absolute warm dumpster juice that is their fan base I so enjoy watching them get curb stomped on the reg. I used to always cheer for Temple when not playing PSU but I had so many horrible interactions with the slop that was Temple fans, students, and alumni that day that I'm locked into this game hoping Charlie Strong and his USF Bulls have prison sex with this team.

Side note...looks like Joey Galloway is full casual mode with the untucked shirt and tie.

Was there in 2011...one of the last games before the scandal. Temple fan was brutal and we barely won with the McGloin/ Bolden tandem. It was bad. Temple hates our guts, make no mistake. I used to think if Indiana beat us it was going to be the death knell. I knew after that day we had big problems. When Temple beat us it was the lowest of the low but should not have been any surprise. Didn't mind, they were always competitive as hell. I was with them in Atlanta too when we made the sweet 16 in '01. We beat them in the regular season that year too in BB. Their fans had the time of their lives and rightly so. Michigan State took care of them but I think that was their last shot at the FF in recent memory. I was rooting for Temple on Sunday. Worst sports trip ever and I'll never take another one.

The thing I enjoy most about watching a Temple home game is seeing their empty stadium. Nobody cares.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT