ADVERTISEMENT

What is the most important invention of all time

OT - Most important invention of all time?

• Wheel

Votes: 46 59.0%
  • Printing press

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Computer

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters

Actually, beer is a good answer. Archeologists have found pottery shards with the remnants of fermented beverages in the ruins of ancient Sumeria and other early civilizations. They have postulated that the desire for grain and its fermented products may have been a major incentive to abandon their hunter-gatherer ways and settle down to form villages and take up agriculture. This led to hierarchical societies and the creation of civilizations. Without that, we would not have writing, the printing press, or computers. The jury is still out on thongs, though.

Wow! I was going to say toss-up between sewers, vaccines and antibiotics, but then I reviewed all the other responses. Boy, was I ever misguided in my thinking. Mea Culpa.

Tough poll.

Without the wheel, the printing press probably doesn't get invented. Without the printing press, the computer probably doesn't get invented.

Other worthy candidates for the poll would've been gunpowder, steel-making, agriculture, cooking, fire-making tools, spears, tool-making, language.

But I think I'll vote for the computer... how else am I gonna see psuro sig pics.

Women's Exercise Stick

071798509006.jpg

Well, arguably, we wouldn't have computers nor a lot of other modern amenities if it weren't for the printing press - or we'd just have a ridiculous number of people employed at hand-copying books.

I was going to go with the steam engine. Then I thought, it would have to be something As Seen On TV. So it's a tossup between My Pillow, the Snuggie, and the Turby Twist.

The Telegraph. For the first time, information traveled faster than disease. Arguably, gave birth to all information technology clear to present day.

Venetian blinds. No, seriously Venetian blinds.

Scoff if you will, but if it wasn't for Venetian blinds it would be curtains for everybody!

I'm here all week folks and don't forget to tip your waitress.

If you're going down that road I'm going to say nipples. Scoff if you will, but if it wasn’t for nipples breasts would be pointless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT