ADVERTISEMENT

What is one charitable act that you've done to help others during this Coronavirus pandemic?

We have an elderly friend who lives on a very limited income. She lost her part time job when this all started. We take her meals two or three nights a week, saying that it's too hard to shop and cook for two and we find it easier if we can get her to take some of our excess cooking.

well-damn-i-bngo2f.jpg

other than staying far away from fellow mankind.

I haven't really done anything truly charitable, but have taken the time to renew a good number of lost relationships which has been really uplifting. It is easy to let things drift away and we shouldn't. J am guilty more than most. I helped a friend who lost a job get a new one, and also have given work that we could have made money from to a good friend who is really financially hurting from this virus. Other than that, keep my family safe and secure.

Donated half a days pay to the wait staff and staff at my club.

- i know that sounds bougee but it is still what I did.
That was very generous.

I ate at a restaurant before the shutdown. We had the greatest waitress you could imagine. When the restaurants shutdown I thought of her. Called the restaurant and told them I wanted to help her out. Sent a check in the mail. She wrote me back with the most heartfelt thank you that I could ever imagine.
"Kindness returns kindness"

Having 31 employees in the restaurant industry. I did what I felt was right in my heart. Even though my business was being ripped to shreds. I kept 14 employees on payroll. And basically payed them for 3 weeks to clean. Until we finally have started to move in the right direction. Now we are still not making money. I worked very hard to secure the ppp loan. With my accountant and bank. After the government changing what they needed 3 times. I finally got the loan secured. I’m able to pay them all 40 hours for 8 weeks. Most I could do was 30ish before the loan. But I give them pto time. So they used some of that. When this all went down. I’m able to bring in a part time girl last week. To work at this time also. Who was not able to get unemployment. Didn’t have enough hours. And was being harassed by her landlord. I told her don’t you worry. I will be talking to him! I have also given a few loans out. To a few employees that needed to pay bills or get grocery’s. Now once the loan forgiveness is over. I have no idea how many hours or employees pay I can absorb. But I looked in my employees eyes and said I will do whatever I can to help. They are part of my family.

I have done lots of takeout at my favorite local watering hole and tip around 60% per takeout.
We've tried to do that at least once a week as well, all local restaurants/pubs. My wife was impressed with her delivered cheesesteak and margarita this evening.

The pub we ordered from is using the time to remodel, which is a good plan on their part.

That was very generous.

I ate at a restaurant before the shutdown. We had the greatest waitress you could imagine. When the restaurants shutdown I thought of her. Called the restaurant and told them I wanted to help her out. Sent a check in the mail. She wrote me back with the most heartfelt thank you that I could ever imagine.
"Kindness returns kindness"
Our society is just a big puzzle. Without all of us it is just an incomplete picture.

Have 2-3 ladies and a couple in my area that are all 70+ and I always check with them before my excursions out to see if they need anything.

When I hit Nothing Bundt Cakes I always bring them back a couple of bundtlets, too.

I also take turns bringing them flowers, usually alstroemerias from TJ’s. Only $3.99 but a 10 stem bouquet usually lasts close to two weeks. (Been buying those for myself every other week for close to 20 years.) Different colors and they are appreciated by all.

I bring more meals than usual in from my regular eateries and bring home 2-3 at a time.....one for that eve, then 1-2 for the next day or two. I try to tip generously.

Our dog groomers are finally allowed to resume biz tomorrow and when I called and caught the owner today he said he’s booked for the next three weeks, but would take Fonzie in anyway this coming Tues afternoon. He was going to get a “thank you, welcome back” bonus tip anyway but he’ll be very happy Tues when I pick Fonzie up.

And if I ever get a haircut again (IL has yet to reopen barber shops), she’ll get my reg tip plus an extra $20-30.

Same, once our car washes are allowed to resume Interior Cleaning, it’ll be an extra tip for the guys.

ANYBODY providing a service for me, I try to be extra courteous and simply try to treat them as I’d like to be treated if I was doing their job. A smile and sincere thank you can maybe help some people who maybe aren’t having a good day and aren’t as fortunate as I fortunately am.

AND

I social distance VERY well.

Same. Not sure how much I can keep it up, but I will continue to do it as long as I can.

So many awesome acts of kindness/ generosity!

Peace and blessings to all!
My company is actually doing ok during this since we support essential businesses like power plants, refineries and chemical companies As well pharma and science companies.

we had a state of the union last week and we are actually at a pace for about 85% of 2020 goal. My direct manager is retiring on 6/1 and a few weeks ago I asked him if I was going to get laid off as I am on the bottom of the totem pole. Today he told me that I was in “very good standing” with the company

so after getting that good news I’ll continue to try and support local eateries

Went out and bought/delivered some prepared food to three young people I advocate for in the Bronx. All three afflicted with CP and confined to wheel chairs since birth. One in a nursing home and two in a group home with both facilities having patients/residents testing positive. I've been doing this for quite some time well before the pandemic and didn't want to disappoint them now. The quality of food they serve in these places isn't fit for a dog.

I helped an old lady cross the street from six feet away. As she crossed, I kept walking away from her. I think she made it.
What you failed to tell the website is you were actually hitting on her! You almost had it knocked but then you asked her to pay!

This is not a competition to see which BWI board member is the most charitable person, but rather to compile a list that might inspire others to do something that might help someone else.

Donation to our local food bank

Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT